Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Drawfyn
    Started by Drawfyn,

    I've applied to the Met and recently passed my AC with them, but I've had a change of heart about moving to London. This is because I don't want to uproot my life and my girlfriend particularly doesn't want to move with me as she's keen to go far in her current job (where she's going for promotion) and her family are all here, as are mine. With North Yorkshire Police reopening for a week, it was a perfect opportunity to transfer my results (as I'm from York). However, I had to be resident in this country for 3 years, with a gap of 3 months allowed. I was away travelling for 4 months, which meant that they can't vet me. Needless to say, I'm very disappointed with this de…

    • 10 replies
    • 528 views
  2. DanUK
    Started by DanUK,

    Heya I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything about the next PC recruitment event for the Met. The period of recruitment on policecouldyou.co.uk has been extended to March 2010 so would I be right in assuming there are going to be regular dates throughout this year? The recruiting department are giving me the old "it will be advertised when its available" but just wondered if anyone here was privy to some insider info. I'm really not sure whether to wait on the Met or try for the upcoming TVP window, just feel like I need to get the ball rolling. Cheers, Dan

    • 11 replies
    • 947 views
  3. sunnie1990
    Started by sunnie1990,

    Hi im currerntly in the process of the application...and as I'm registered as a club DJ around various clubs can i put this down as a signed job, as i work for an employer who i can pose as a reference? And would with this job be considered? As a DJ I do have to deal with a lot of drunk people? thanks

  4. evanjonesaber
    Started by evanjonesaber,

    Right, I'm working my way through a video helping me with the competency interview and am writing an answer to the following question. Could you give me any feedback on if you think it needs improving. Obviously I realise you can't say much but any minute bit of info that will allow me to re-think my answer or hopefully be happy with it, would be much appreciated. Q. Tell us about a time when you have had to show respect for someone else's beliefs? I currently work as an administrative officer in a job centre where my role is to speak with individual customers on a daily basis throughout the day to advise them on the benefits they are able to claim and to provide the…

    • 4 replies
    • 228 views
  5. dalziel
    Started by dalziel,

    hi i was just wondering is anyone else going to this even i am really nervous as this is the start of my dream i am coming all the way from durham so its gonna be a long day what if anything are people taking to this event thank you regards

    • 6 replies
    • 535 views
  6. laura1986
    Started by laura1986,

    hi, i passed my day one and now looking forward to my day 2, but i have a random question. are police cars manual or automatic transmission? i only ask as i can only drive auto, so want to take a manual test if it is needed. thanks in advance laura

    • 5 replies
    • 377 views
    Jaydee1546620346
  7. joel mason
    Started by joel mason,

    Hello all- im considering a transfer to Thames Valley Police i need some advice reguarding Thames Valley Police- What are they like as an organisation? What makes they stand out as an employer, and what makes them different from other police organisations? BASICALLY tell me your impressions of thames valley police?? any responses will be greatly recieved - thanks,,,

    Sister Purity
  8. Masey999
    Started by Masey999,

    Hi I am waiting on a start date with the Police and am keen to start learning some of the key areas of legislation - to give myself a good start - as I am well aware that there is a lot to learn, and much of it will need to be 'word perfect' and be able to roll off the tongue without thinking!!!! My personal style suits audio-learning so wondered if anyone had any tips or recommendations on any good materials? I have found the following, and at (a peny short of) £70 for 9 cd's doesn't seem too bad (2007 SOCPA): http://www.police-information.co.uk/crystal/coursecontents.html#download Anyone used this? Many Thanks

  9. Cleesor
    Started by Cleesor,

    Hi Folks, Anyone else on the 6th April Intake receive a letter today stating your allocated division? Came as a surprise as I thought you found out on your first day, nice knowing where I will be placed in advance tho!! cheers

    • 1 reply
    • 539 views
  10. The Don
    Started by The Don,

    Hi All, I sent in my Strathclyde application form approx 4weeks ago. Got my letter last week and have a SET/Fitness in May. Can anyone give me a list of all the different stages of the process. So far I can gather that there is Application, Initial SET/Fitness, Initial Interview & Final Interview, but I think I may have missed some out. Any idea's of time frames between them also?! Many Thanks iZutam

    • 2 replies
    • 174 views
  11. jack1
    Started by jack1,

    Hi all, If anyone has any knowledge of Towe Hamlets, I have a few questions, if you can help. Im currently a PC in a HO force but will soon be transfering to the Met, I have been lucky and got my first choice, Tower Hamlets. I have been in the job for about 27 months and still not response; I was wondering what the waiting time is in the borough for a response ticket, whether it will be 3 years or 3 months? I believe they work 12 hour shifts and was wondering if there is any oportunity for over time on rest days? Last but not least, what are the most common crimes they deal with? Any help appreciated.

  12. Campini82
    Started by Campini82,

    Hi all I've read so much on this site but don't think this is specifically answered so if anyone can answer that'd be great. I know that if you fail the bleep test on your Met Day 2 you can retake it up to twice. But is this retake specific to the bleep test or does it also count for the eye test? I appreciate the obvious answer is yes but my eyesight is borderline so were i to fail, i'm hoping they allow time for laser surgery if neccesary. Any advice would be greatly appreciated and good luck ot everyone whatever stage of the recruitment they might be at. Campini

    • 2 replies
    • 300 views
  13. marty boy
    Started by marty boy * ,

    Hi I recently sat my set exam and failed on my number paper, does anyone know where I could get past papers for the number section and information handling so that I can get more practice in before my next try at it which is roughly 4 weeks. Or if anyone has any they dont need they could forward them to be which would be great Marty Boy

    • 3 replies
    • 327 views
  14. highlander085
    Started by highlander085,

    Im thinking about applying for Lothian and Borders police but i dont have a licence at the moment. Im hopefully going to have it later in the year. Does anybody know if they will accept me while im still learning?

    highlander085
  15. michelle1982
    Started by michelle1982 * ,

    Does anyone have their Met Day 1 on the 2nd April 09?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.