Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. jboymans
    Started by jboymans,

    Hi, I have to decide in order of preference where i would like to be posted.... i live in tower hamlets- HT, obviousily i dont want to be placed there. i want to know if any one has an idea of what borough would be a good choice to choose from much appreciated also is newham a priority borough, thats where i was thinking of going just wanted to know from anyone who worked there and if they enjoy it Thanks Joe

  2. Its_A_Beautiful_Day
    Started by Its_A_Beautiful_Day,

    Hi, Bit confusd on this...haha as normal.... I have lived at the same house for 9 years...but druing that I went to university and spent 2 years in two diff university accomadation blocks.... I didn't change anything like my voting. Do I put these adresses in here, and how can I explain only 2 years of uni? :/ Ok, so maybe that last question is a bit vaugue!

    • 4 replies
    • 471 views
  3. SLR1
    Started by SLR1,

    I can clear up some of the questions asked to the closed thread which does not breach the confidentiality of the assessment day. All information given now, you can find on this forum and the police could you official web site that has invaluable help.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> At assessment centre you take part in 12 minutes 25 question numeracy test multiple choice. No calculator but rough work can be done on scrap paper. 25 minute 31 question Verbal logical reasoning test. No rough notes 4 x Role play 5 min prep 5min scenario. 5 minutes to write notes that can be taken into the assessment where you…

    • 0 replies
    • 804 views
  4. Jamie1984
    Started by Jamie1984,

    Hi everyone, I currently work for a force as a civilian in an Serious Crime Organisation and was looking for some advice really... Before i joined the job i was financially stable and up until 4 years ago I recieved a CCJ....I have been having problems with this as I was put on part time durties and was unable to pay this...it all went back to the court and they accepted that I could not pay it during that time and now I have become full time again they accepted that I can now begin to pay it....now I have applied to join the Met and have heard that any details of any CCJ and you will not be accepted....I have been accepted through the paper sift and await my…

    • 1 reply
    • 308 views
  5. dazza84
    Started by dazza84,

    Hi folks, I an hoping some of you will be able to help! I have my s.e.t and fitness test on the 9th of April! Really excited and have been doing some revision and running! However, my main concern is that I am unsure if I am doing the right thing for my family. I have been married for a year and I am worried about the effect that police work/ shifts will have in my marrage! We will be trying for kids etc in the coming year or two and I was wondering if anyone had any advice or information? Does anyone know of any internet sites that give advice on this sort of matter? Thanks Darren

    • 21 replies
    • 1.3k views
  6. Borat1546620039
    Started by Borat1546620039,

    Hi, I have my medical coming up on the 10th of Feb. Do you find out the result on the day, i think it varies from force to force? Also has anyone got a copy of the medical form (i applied in 2007 not sure if its changed recently)? Also on the letter asking me to attend the medical it says to inform the department if my medical history has changed since i applied it says (e.g. a recent illness, weight gain/loss or an injury or have visited a hospital or GP'. I've had to visit my GP maybe twice since i applied 18 months ago, nothing serious and nother that would have any relation to my application, am i best still informing them?

  7. nobbyclark
    Started by nobbyclark,

    Hello all, i applied for gloucestershire june last year and have so far sat and passed the assessment centre and received a letter saying that i would be called forward for fitness and medical tests. however on saturday i received another letter explaining that due to the police annual budget all applications are now frozen until april 2010 possibly 2011!! is this a normal occurance? ha sit happened to anybody else? there is a meeting being held in a fortnight for further information so i will be attending that. many thanks for reading nobby clark

  8. slee1984
    Started by slee1984,

    I have my final interview with Norfolk on 20th April. Can anybody help me? I have heard they ask you to do a presentation during the interview but have no info yet about what they want a presentation on? They have informed me of the date by email and said they will confirm in writing so i am hoping the letter will give me some idea of the content of the i/v Thanks

  9. OldMemberNewName
    Started by OldMemberNewName,

    I've been thinking about moving from my current force to the Met for some time and have a few questions from those in the know (and those who don't have a vested interest in getting me to transfer!). My main reasons for wanting to move are the massive prospects available to me compared to my force e.g. specialising and promotion. I am interested in going into traffic, however, I was recently told that Merseyside's traffic aren't taking on for the next few years! That isn't the only reasons for wanting to move as i'm also interested in SCD10, CO19, DSU, SO15, SO1, SO14, and CO6 although obviously once i've seen these departments in action I might decide otherwise! Also…

  10. helena88
    Started by helena88,

    I've been invited to attend a prep-day for the assessment centre (assessment centre course, I think it is called), as I am a minority group (woman). First this was offered to me over the telephone, at which point it sounded optional, and then I received an e-mail, at which point it sounded more compulsory ("the next stage of the Police application on process") and asked me to confirm attendance. However, the problem lies in the fact that it is on a date I am unable to attend (family commitments, that I am unable to alter). So, when I email in return, stating that I cannot make it (which I presume I should do? albeit they only ask for comfirmation of attendance?!), will i…

    • 4 replies
    • 511 views
  11. captain black
    Started by captain black,

    Hi all, I had my Assessment centre last October. Is it true that a pass is only valid for 12 months?

    • 0 replies
    • 83 views
    captain black
  12. P4UL
    Started by P4UL,

    How does a PCSO go about applying for the job as an officer? For example, if I had been a PCSO for a year, and wanted to apply for the job of an officer, would I do it in the same way as everyone else? i.e. apply via policecouldyou.co.uk etc? Surely being a PCSO would also give you better chance of getting the job also? But how does it help? I always hear people saying 'I'm going to be a PCSO for a year and then apply for an officer because it will help me' - How does it help?? (I'm actually asking the question of how does it help there by the way, I'm not being sarcastic or anything even though it might seem like it lol )

  13. northwaleslady
    Started by northwaleslady * ,

    Hi All, I have passed the assesment centre, but received a letter from occy health advising me that they are now putting my medical on hold. As I went private to investigate my abdominal pains. The result was that surgen has now advised I have my appendix removed. Will this affect my application. As it takes 4-6weeks t recover, would I be allowed to do the fitness test before having my appendix removed? Abit worried that I have come this far and will be turned away :{

    • 0 replies
    • 95 views
    northwaleslady *
  14. sussex_cop
    Started by sussex_cop,

    I'm on first week of PDU, and I can't get to grips with the OIS system, it's really annoying me that I can'yt seem to get the hang of it. My tutor seems to be pretty miffed that I am not doing it right, no matter how many times I try. Any suggestions???? :sad:

    • 6 replies
    • 930 views
  15. YorkshirePud
    Started by YorkshirePud,

    Now then people, I've got my assessment on the 31st March (This coming Tue!!!!) and was wandering if anyone had any more info other than in the standard paperwork and in the How 2 be material. The four exercises I've got are:- * Jones, an employee at the good old Westshire Centre who has been asked to come to a meeting. * Levy, who owns a pub in the Centre, wants to discuss a concern they have with the Centre. * Messan, who owns a shop in the Centre and wants to discuss an incident that occured in the Centre. * Rubin, a customer of the Centre who also wants to discuss an incident. I am aware that the Q's and siuations are obviously changed but if thislooks familiar…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.