Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. dazzer34
    Started by dazzer34,

    Hi As it shows on my signature I have sent my application off to wiltshire constabulary on the 14/03/09. It has been two weeks now since I sent it. Am I clutching at straws to think if I were to fail the application I would of heard by now?. Or do they take just as long with the applications if you fail or pass?. Your thoughts on this would be great as the waiting is killing me. Cheers Darren

  2. leahjane
    Started by leahjane,

    If you fail on integrity can you apply again the next time they recruit or is that it?

    • 6 replies
    • 480 views
  3. fido1546620302
    Started by fido1546620302,

    Anyone know where I can find example answers for these application questions...No, not to copy...but to give a clearer idea of they are looking for...Yes I do have answers...just want something to gage them by (lots of different ones would be nice)....thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 314 views
    fido1546620302
  4. Drawfyn
    Started by Drawfyn,

    How far in advance do you get your shifts, and to what extent are your days off subject to change? In addition, what's the lengthiest commute that is possible in the Met? Cheers

  5. eleven-g
    Started by eleven-g,

    Anybody else have an assessment centre with Herts on/around 18 April 2009?

    • 5 replies
    • 171 views
  6. fletch776
    Started by fletch776,

    Does anyone know what happens now? I have passed my assessment centre for doret police, however i recieved my results and they confirmed i had passed the national min standard but due to the low number of officers they were recruiting i didnt score high enough. I want to transfer my pass score to the met. Any ideas how i do this?

    • 5 replies
    • 875 views
  7. StuNo1
    Started by StuNo1,

    As title suggestes, I have submitted my application to join the Met police as a PC. I was told it could take up to 15 Months to get a decision!! Is this true? Cheers Stuart

    • 6 replies
    • 569 views
  8. karl1981
    Started by karl1981,

    Hi there just wondering if there is anyone else using the forum other than myself that is currently going through the Recruitment process for North Wales Police, would be great to hear from some of you.

    • 1 reply
    • 322 views
  9. Genetic Freak
    Started by Genetic Freak,

    Firstly i would like to say hi this is my first post. I got a quick question to ask, sorry if it has been answered or is against forum rules. Ive recently ordered some supplements that contain ephedrine. I am aware that they are illegal in the US if not marketed for medical conditions such as asthma but NOT illegal here. Is there a list of substances not allowed to be taken apart from the usual illegal stuff like steroids? Thanks for any info.

    Genetic Freak
  10. Leigh
    Started by Leigh,

    Hi All, I was wondering if anyone knwos (roughly) how long you wait form sending back your CASA form to recieving your day 1 start date?? I have recently moved back home from uni and lost the slip saying that my application had been accepted, so have lost any refrence number needed to call recruitment! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 273 views
  11. Its_A_Beautiful_Day
    Started by Its_A_Beautiful_Day,

    Hey I was looking at the space where I'm meant to fit "10 years of jobs" and my college/ uni education on the application form. Do we have to hand write continuation sheets- or are we allowed to type/print? Any ideas? Thank You Very Much :)

    • 9 replies
    • 592 views
  12. ryanmark24
    Started by ryanmark24,

    hi everyone basically ive been put on medical hold becasue 3 years ago i suffered back pain caused by a slight disc protrusion in my back. The pan cleared up wih time on its own and the specialist discharged me from his care citing that everything was fine. He even wrote me a letter saying that i was 100% and in his opinion was medically fit to join the police......the problem is the fma is not so sure as he is by his own admission not an expert on back pain lol. i was wonering has anyone else applied to the police with a similar condition and if so what was the outcome as im getting nervous now

    • 1 reply
    • 196 views
  13. StuNo1
    Started by StuNo1,

    Hi everyone, I am hoping to become a police officer and my application is in the works. I Just wondered what level the maths test is e.g. GCSE level, alevel etc? I have my GCSE's, A' levels and a degree but my maths is well...not great! Cheers in advance. Stuart

    • 7 replies
    • 211 views
  14. mr_smith_1977
    Started by mr_smith_1977,

    Forum to discuss how long applicants have to wait before getting a start date. I had my day 1 on 22nd Jan and day 2 on 16th March. Waiting on my start date letter now. Any one got a 'start date' letter recently??

    • 2 replies
    • 500 views
  15. Campini82
    Started by Campini82,

    Hi all, I've got my Day 1 with the Met next week (Tues 7th April) and I'm planning to stay at a hotel locally on the Monday night. The issue I've got is the hotel is a good few miles away and nowhere near a tube line so, rather than walk for an hour from hotel to Hendon (assessment starts at 8am), I was planning to drive to Hendon. My question is, is there parking available onsite at hendon that I could use or is it strictly for Met staff? Any guidance would be great! Thanks Campini

    • 6 replies
    • 677 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.