Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. karen44
    Started by karen44,

    Hi I have the date for my first assesment day and i am totally panicing. Its all changed in Tayside receintly. Day 1 consists of SET, written exercise, the critical thinking test, group exercise, interview and fitness test all in the same day....if you are lucky enough to pass each stage! I am stressing about the maths part of the SET, does anyone have any other practice papers (apart from the one on the Tayside Police Website) that might help me? Also has anyone done the critical thinking test? Its new and everyone I have spoken to doesn't really know anything about it?

    steviem1546620447
  2. Dixie60
    Started by Dixie60,

    Hi Everyone, Last year I had a blood test that showed my thyroid levels to be slightly high, although still normal. Therefore no course of action was taken. I declared it on my medical form anyway and since then I've had to have GP's report and now I need to go and see a specialist and get a report from them as well. Apparently after that it will be assessed whether I am ok to join the police or not. I'm a bit worried that I wont pass my medical now. Has anyone had a similar experience or anyone offer any advice? Much appreciated!

    • 3 replies
    • 232 views
  3. rossman
    Started by rossman,

    Hi all, Hvae my medical in a couple of weeks for Bedfordshire. Was just wondering, what code of dress people have gone with? I imagine for the some tests they will need some removal of clothes etc.. Can anyone shed any light? Thanks, Ross

    • 2 replies
    • 298 views
  4. Mattwelsh13
    Started by Mattwelsh13,

    Hello, I recently applied and was successful in my initial application to South Wales Police. However due to high numbers of applicants, they randomly selected those 180 that went to assessment centre (out of 800). I was told by HR at South Wales Police I can transfer my application to another force as long as they accept tranferee applicants. So.. I have to email HR at the Met, as I want to transfer my application to them, does anyone know the email address?? (I was given it but i've lost it). Does anyone know which other forces accept transfer applicants ( I was told it was at the forces discretion and some do and some don't) Any help would be much appreciated !!…

    • 0 replies
    • 381 views
  5. davmar1
    Started by davmar1,

    I am slightly worried that my debt may affect my application at a later stage in the recruitment process, I always manage my payments ontime and have never been in arrears but do have a joint loan with my wife of over £10,000 as well as my mortgage is this likely to cause me problems should I reach the Vetting stage for Strathclyde Police Force, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks David

    • 1 reply
    • 573 views
  6. kroolio
    Started by kroolio * ,

    Hi Guys Have not posted before. I had my day one back on september 10th 2008 and got my results in october and had not passed with a score of 57%. I heard that the pass mark has now been reduced from 60% when I got my results to 55%. Is this the case? I scored: Overall: 57% Respect for R & D: 67% Oral Comm: 93% Written Comm: 78% No D grades in respect for race and diversity. Would they reconsider my application and would it still be valid as it is within 12 months? Thanks for you time. Craig

  7. uksniper
    Started by uksniper,

    As expected I failed the A/C Good thing that comes out of it is the Assessment Matrix that shows you exactly where you need to work on for next time =]

    • 4 replies
    • 493 views
  8. babe7466
    Started by babe7466,

    Hi guys Im new to this forum, not really posted much but have been reading around everyday and finding it really useful and interesting. I was wondering that if once you have passed PIRT/Fitness and get invited for an initial interview, do you get a letter telling you what to revise??? I dont really know anybody in the force to ask for pointers and never realised there was so much to learn before i decided to apply! Obv a lot of senario questions there are no real answer to just opinions, but how can you possibly prepare yourself and have examples in mind when you have no idea what they are going to ask? They could ask anything???? Dont want to get stuck on a questi…

    • 3 replies
    • 301 views
  9. prettygreen1
    Started by prettygreen1,

    Hello everyone I am waiting on a date for my initial interview with strathclyde, just wondering if anyone on here has been through it in the past few months ? and if so, could offer any advice/tips ? maybe there is a thread already all about this , if so i am sorry...i am new to this internet game . cheers

    • 0 replies
    • 399 views
  10. Mook
    Started by Mook,

    See above, need to get some time off work for mine on Thursday, it's for South Wales Police, any ideas?

    • 5 replies
    • 335 views
  11. laupips
    Started by laupips,

    hi guys just took part in swp a/c on 20th of march and we were told that we'd know by end of April, almost certain I failed! So was just wondering if anyone in here is also waiting- can they post to let me know when they get their results - to give me a heads up! In case they let people who've passed know first- if you know what I mean! Thanks! X

    • 1 reply
    • 215 views
  12. madpup
    Started by madpup,

    Hi I failed my assessemnt to NWP by 1% (59/60). My question is, when can I re-apply, is it 6 months from my application submission, or when they sent me the reject letter?

    • 12 replies
    • 1.1k views
  13. brad01
    Started by brad01,

    When i had my assessment centre obviously i was nervous. When stepped into my first role play i felt really confident. I dealt with the situation asking all the relevant questions and acting in what i felt was the required manner, the actual role play lasted 5 minutes. When i had felt like i had sorted the situation only a few minutes had passed. Once i stopped asking questions the actor started to bow her head this for me was a real distraction and i started to panic, i then went over the situation ensuring i had all the correct details. Was this a good way of eating up the time? Is note taking a good idea during the role plays?

    • 7 replies
    • 1k views
  14. captain black
    Started by captain black,

    Hi all, I had my Assessment centre last October. Is it true that a pass is only valid for 12 months?

    • 5 replies
    • 319 views
  15. peter20092009
    Started by peter20092009 * ,

    I failed the vetting for a pcso i dont understand how as i have no record or financial problems.my mum or dad have never been charged with anything.The only thing i can think of is that i failed because of my uncle who i never see had been in trouble with the force i am applying for.me and my dad have the same first and last name so i am wondering if maybe got mixed up with my finacial background with his as he is in debt.does anyone know how i would go about appealing thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.