Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. RTT
    Started by RTT,

    Ok, so I'm practicing and getting nowhere, if there's anyone reading who has taken the a/c already, how much did you write? And, without giving anything away, roughly how many issues are there to solve/dissect? I have tons of practice examples from various books and websites and the amount of background info you get in them varies from 4 pages including newspaper articles, tables, letters and memos to just one page of clear info. I couldn't get anywhere near the time limit in any of them so I took one of the sample answers and just copied it down to see how long it takes to write a "text book" proposal - 37 minutes! I do write very slowly, but that filled 2 1/4 sheets…

    • 9 replies
    • 516 views
  2. Liam_E1546619998
    Started by Liam_E1546619998,

    Has anyone been using these? I am just sitting doing the numbers one now and me and paper and me and a calculator get an answer different to what it says is the correct answer. Has anyone else came up against any problems like this? cheers

    justdoit1546081142
  3. jjr2802
    Started by jjr2802,

    Got the call and start with the met on 26th May Anyone else yet? Anyone commuting from kent? Looking forward to it...

    • 22 replies
    • 1.6k views
    lcol981546081060
  4. bb61
    Started by bb61 * ,

    Hi, I'm thinking of applying but when I was younger I had 3 fits as a result of a fall, I had no other fits since then and have even been off medication for just over 10 years now with no ill or side affects. Will the fact that I did have some fits and was on medication for a while ruin my chances of joining? even though I've had no fits for over 16 years.

    • 7 replies
    • 332 views
  5. Louise!
    Started by Louise!,

    Hi all!!! I was wondering if any of you could shed a bit of light on something for me...(my uncle has worked for the MET fire arms for 25 years and he thinks I'm being a bit paranoid!) Since failing my application form last time... I have been reading in depth all about the application process and I have read a lot of the posts regarding the Vetting Process. Basically I'm just asking another question similar to others. I have never had a criminal record, caution or as much as a speeding fine! My mum, dad or any of my family have never been in bother with the police! At the weekend my partner informed me that he and his brother were out on a night out four or five ye…

    • 4 replies
    • 528 views
  6. mshep10
    Started by mshep10,

    I have my assessment day tomorrow and was wondering if any one has any tips?? I an not looking forward to the role play but feel ok about the rest of the assessment really

    • 0 replies
    • 168 views
  7. Eggsok
    Started by Eggsok * ,

    Got a letter through yesterday saying I passed my application and have a date set for A/C! I think I sent it off during feb! Anyone else going on 20th May?

    • 0 replies
    • 195 views
  8. fredit
    Started by fredit * ,

    Hi I have an a/c date at the end of the month. However, I am now a little worried about something, having read some of the medical forums and how detailed/vigorous it seems to be. I had a pacemaker fitted 10 years ago and to be honest I've had no problems since then. I can't go through the metal detectors at airports or go near big magnets but otherwise I don't really know it's there! However, will this sort of thing proclude me from joining the police/passing the medical? Any advice/help would be gratefully received!!!!

    • 0 replies
    • 377 views
  9. jibberjabber74
    Started by jibberjabber74,

    Received another unsuccessful letter today, im very dissappointed obviously. this was my 2nd force interview that i have failed for merseyside police(the second being a retake) I dont think i could of prepared any more then i did, im now 35 years old and have been trying to get in for 5 years. I even joined the specials. I just dont know where im going wrong!! Is there any appeal system in place that anyone knows of? My 1st interview i failed by 2 points would this of been taking into account for my 2nd interview. thats the winge over with ha ha But in seriousness should i just give up trying? :

    • 16 replies
    • 748 views
  10. rotorrottie
    Started by rotorrottie,

    Is there anyone here applying for Herts....I can't be the only one! Come on, don't be shy. lol

    • 5 replies
    • 505 views
  11. duff_beer
    Started by duff_beer,

    I am a student who is about to graduate, i have student loans, does this affect vetting??? secondly during my student years i had a few student bank accounts, this was about 4 years ago, i only used them for the overdraft and didnt use them after that, the banks obviously chased me and got a third party involved, debt collectors and stuff, but i settled both accounts by paying them off and the banks declared both accounts as now resolved and closed, would this affect my vetting?? currently i have the one bank account which is healthy, and my credit rating according to experian is "ok" do you believe i shall fail vetting? thanks

    • 10 replies
    • 977 views
  12. haylskeegan
    Started by haylskeegan,

    Hello all. I passed my medical on 25th March and I am just wondering how long I will have to get in that extra training before I will be asked to do a fitness test? I received a letter the other week asking if I would be interested in June/July start date so I am unsure whether that will be what I am aiming for...I would love the maximum time possible to train some more! Basically, is it a phone call asking you to come in ASAP or would I get a letter giving me some notice? Any advice would be gratefully received.

    • 2 replies
    • 240 views
    The Entertainers
  13. X3ParaMurph
    Started by X3ParaMurph,

    Hey all, finaly the day of my A/C and i'm now back. How did it go? Really i honestly don't know, i have read post after post explaining that they were unsure of how it went and they didn't have a clue if it was enough. I always thought i would know either way on the day, How Blooooody wrong. I feel i did very well at Role plays and interview but not so sure about the written. Being as the written has a fail mark of it's own i'm really relly REALLY not sure if i did enough on it. LOL. So now is the beginning of my waiting process, 4 weeks from today i should hear. EVERYTHING is crossed so anyone else on the same day 1 i wish you all my very best. GL, Rob.

    • 9 replies
    • 708 views
  14. nicolatt4kidz
    Started by nicolatt4kidz,

    Hello all, has anyone had confirmation of a 2nd assessment that had their 1st assessment on the 10th March 09 or around that date? I have a rather eager hubby that keeps chasing the postman down the street, lol. They said he would hear by the 6th April which is today, but from talking to other people they have said they heard after the date that was given. If he hasn't got through to round 2 would he have had a letter to say no by now?? Can anyone help please??

    nicolatt4kidz
  15. duff_beer
    Started by duff_beer,

    do you just take a form to your local opticians and thats it? or do you take the form to the opticians and then also get checked by the occupational health department?

    • 9 replies
    • 2.6k views
    specialteacher1546081026

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.