Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Hi, I have been diagnosed by my GP as having raynauds, which is a disorder where your hands get very cold when the temperature drops. I've been looking into this syndrome dont agree with my diagnoses as my symptoms vary quite a bit from how it is described in medical journals. This doesn't cause me any pain and it doesn't reduce my dexterity. The force i've applied to has made an appointment for me to see their doctor, to review this. I'm worried that obviously police work involves alot of work outside, this doesn't bother me as i know the problem with my hands doesn't effect me (recently spent 2.5 weeks trekking in -20c in the Himalayas stay in unheated accom with no pr…
-
Hi all, Just thought I'd drop by and let everyone know how it all went... here's a brief overview... Written tests- What can I say, I simply was not prepared for them at all (but thought I was). They were more challenging than I expected- and I was worried about my handwriting as well... Role plays- I went completley blank! They were very different to what I expected, and I was caught by surprise and completely messed them up. Awful! I've never done role plays before, so next time I'll have the edge (even though the themes will be different). Interview- Funny, but I felt very confident here- and got the impression that I will at least have passed this part of th…
-
- 7 replies
- 830 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, I start at Hendon on the 20th of April, just wondering if anyone from Harlow or nearby will be starting then also?
-
And i failed, 47% overall.. i dont think i did too bad for my first time, it was RnD that really let me down although i dont really understand what went wrong cuz im the least racist person around.. i guess i just used weak examples. I Know i panicked in my interview and my written skills, spelling and grammar etc.. could be alot better, well all i can really say is i'll be prepared for next time round!
-
hi sorry to bother you guys. Im currently 16 and shall be joining 6th form at the end of this year. Hopefully i shall come out with at least b's in my gcse's :) After finishing college i have my heart set on applying to the police force. I have done my research and i believe i know the necessary info regarding the recruitment process etc. Without trying to sound arrogant, I belive i could pass the written english tests rather easily and i keep myself in shape ( i can pump out 30 press ups with ease atm ) My question to you all is, due to my young age at the time of application ( probably about 18, applying in west midlands) am i likely to be rejected due to a lack of…
-
Hi, First time poster on here, although, I have been avid reader for some time. After waiting two months (as the application forms were externally marked according to the recruitment team) I got the dreaded letter today to say that I along with another 82% of applicants have been unsuccessful with my application. I am gutted as I spent over a month reading most of the books and websites on filling out the form and getting other people to read it. I have a First class honours law degree and a Masters in Criminal Justice both from a top university, I also undertook an internship at the ECJ. So I know I can swat up when needed and are academically strong – but I guess…
-
- 7 replies
- 3.3k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Just wondering if anyone has set-fitness for strathclyde during april or may and how the training was going ?
-
I wonder if you can help? I applied for Dorset Force and completed the Search Assessment Centre. I recieved my results and have passed the National Standard Passmark. But as there are limited space in Dorset i was not offered a place. I was informed that i had 12 months in which to transfer my application and results. I would like to transfer to the Met and i email someone about this. They told me they would accept my application transfer providing i hadnt been rejected and i had achieved a passmark. They clarified i hadnt been rejected and that the pass mark before Dec 08 was 60% overall and after Dec 08 is now 55% The pass mark of 55% that was referred to, is th…
-
- 4 replies
- 631 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hey, I was really after some advice and have been pondering for a while whether to get a cheaper, plain pair of boots or shoes for parade and then a decent pair of boots for when I hit the streets! I wondered what the requirements are for parade or in the classroom when in training? is it better to have shoes for that purpose? and then get some adidas gsg-9.2 assualt boots for when on patrol, they are my favourite so far from what i have seen....or would they be ok for parade? All advice is welcome! Ads
-
Hi all, Having read most of the threads relating to appeals against vetting decisions, I kinda now know how the appeals process works - a good link was posted on here to Kent Police recruitment and there's plenty of info as to when someone WON'T qualify to join the force (HOC 54/2003, ACPO doc and the CO Security Manual) BUT there is nothing (or little of) that explains in what instances an appeal is successful...can anyone shed any light because it all seems a bit mysterious?! Cheers and good luck to you all in the process
-
Hi, I'm currently going through the (extremely long) recruitment process for West Yorkshire. I've passed everything so far, just waiting on a medical date and vetting to be completed. But heres my worry. Last year I had a minor car accident. No one was injured, there was minimal damage to either car. However the police attended the scene of the accident and took statements from myself, my passenger and the other driver. The reason the police attended was because they were indirectly involved with the accident. I was second car going through a green light when a police car came hurtling across from my right with blues on. I glanced to my right to see exactly where the po…
-
Hey, I am transferring from Hertspol to Merseypol on May 26th 2009. I have just got all my paperwork through and one of the forms is to do with relevant training etc. It asks about MAST? Firstly what is that? And then it says I have to get trained to public order level 2. Which seems quite exciting as I am not PSU trained but have been thinking about doing it. Anyone able to give me insight to what this shall entail? Josh
-
I have found this site very useful on some topics but i was hoping someone could tell me how long you are actually at hendon for (i.e No.of weeks) and is it residential? I have heard so many diffirent scenarios that I don't knw what's right. Please can someone confirm with me !!!!
-
- 4 replies
- 638 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Has anyone else received a call last week from recruitment asking if they can contact their current employer for final ref check?? My flat mate has but I haven't and we applied at the same time! We applied in Dec 2007 and passed medical in Feb 09.
-
- 27 replies
- 1.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
This may be obvious; but I havent seen the answer thus far - when applying do you select your area you want to work in? Or is it assigned anywhere in the county? Thanks
-
- 10 replies
- 1.1k views
- 3 followers
-