Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Fairfax
    Started by Fairfax,

    Sat mine this morning Intense is the word Im looking for! Prepared best I could, and gave it a good go. Just hope Im lucky enough to pass. The wait is going to be terrible. Anyone else go today or fancy chatting about it? Feel free to PM me Trying not to go over it, but was prompted a few times on interview questions, and had some occasions where the role actor repeated themselves - kept talking throughout both though, and lasted the full 5 minutes on everything. Good Luck

  2. warriors2008
    Started by warriors2008,

    Hi all, I know this might seem a little late in the application process to be asking this question but I am just clarifying things in my own mind. Initial starting pay is £21k, roughly! How long is that for? At what stage does that go up to £25k, after how many weeks? Also, when does pension etc get taken, is that taken on joining or on completion of training or what?????? What is the monthly take home pay during & after training, after any deductions? I am trying to work out how my finances will pan out, I am taking quite a sizeable pay cut initially and need to put some aside to cover the difference! I knew about the paycut etc before I applied, just incase …

    • 4 replies
    • 1.2k views
  3. djhackett
    Started by djhackett,

    I have been a PCSO for three years and about 8 / 9 months ago I had a terrible time at work with a Sgt who basically bullied and harrassed the hell out of me for a while. I was visiting my GP one day about something unrelated and decided to mention it to him. I said it was a stressfull situation and was getting me down a bit and wanted some advice. So . . . . . He then just starts writing a a pescription for some tablets and says these are designed to lift your mood bla blah blah. I took the pescription and never took the tablets - Not a sinlge one. Just chucked them in a drawer soemwhere and forgot about them as I decided to put in a transfer to another team. The transf…

    • 0 replies
    • 160 views
  4. SBP
    Started by SBP,

    Hey there, I've just found out that I have my home interview in 4 days. Any last minute tips/advice? Cheers, Chris

    • 0 replies
    • 132 views
  5. bob_hoskins
    Started by bob_hoskins,

    Hi, Anyone else have their day 2 at Hendon on the 23rd in the afternoon?

    • 7 replies
    • 544 views
  6. genehunt1546081156
    Started by genehunt1546081156,

    Want to know how to complete your application form, prepare for roleplays, interviews and written assessments? Well, well, well! John McTaggart of "Talking Blues" has just published a brilliant guide, and it will be the best £12 any of you can spend on your preparation. You can get form his website at: www.TalkingBlues.co.uk Good Luck! :ph34r:

    • 10 replies
    • 382 views
  7. rcdrea
    Started by rcdrea,

    Hello has anyone heard back from the application form stage for cambridge police? I sent mine off about 4weeks ago and still have not heard back? thanks Ruth

  8. IveToldYouOnce
    Started by IveToldYouOnce,

    People. Does anybody have a copy of a royalty-free mp3 of the 15m beep test that they wouldn't mind emailing to me or posting somewhere please? Or even a link to one on the net. Am not interested in a copy of a DRM mp3 - I'd sooner pay for one than copy a legitimate file. I've looked all over the place and can't find the bloomin' thing. Thank you for anyone that can help!

    • 15 replies
    • 1.5k views
  9. OBRR
    Started by OBRR,

    Just wondering if anyone has their physical test on friday 3rd april ?

    • 4 replies
    • 574 views
  10. laura1986
    Started by laura1986,

    hey, im just curious to know if everybody went to the docs to get their ears cleaned b4 the test, just because my doc doesnt have a space b4 my test. would it make a big diff? is there anything else i can do? thanks in advance. laura

    • 4 replies
    • 231 views
  11. lcol981546081060
    Started by lcol981546081060,

    If you have when did you get the date? thanks

    lcol981546081060
  12. opentoall
    Started by opentoall,

    Does anybody know if the City of London police ever recruit?????????????

  13. rogue0809
    Started by rogue0809,

    Well after getting a call from the recruitment department for Sussex Constab. to sort some bits and bats out (which is all fine by the way lol) but whilst chatting to my recruitment officer i asked about how long would my medical be after my fitness (which is end of April) and she said that its going to be in the 2nd half of the year. I was a little shocked by this and asked if this is going to affect my 'start date' if all goes well. I was initially told that i would be looking at a October 09 or January 10 start which wasn't too bad. She then proceeded to tell me due to operational needs - or lack of them so it would happen, there is a serious lull in recruitment and…

    • 4 replies
    • 618 views
  14. sw2413
    Started by sw2413,

    Hi I'm currently in the process of waiting to join west midlands police, passed the assessment centre and sent all my stuff off for background checks, just wondering if anyone else is at the same stage with west mids or has gone through it and knows how long it is from backgroun checks to actually getting a start gate. Know the background checks are going to take ages from what I have read about what other people have gone through Cheers for any help

  15. davmar1
    Started by davmar1,

    I have just received my test date for Starthclyde Police I have bought the police practice papers which are excellent but was wondering if there are other ways to practice the information handling part as this is my weekest part of the test, and also if anyone can give me any tips on the initial interview for Starthclyde. Thanks David It would help if I wrote Strathclyde lol

    • 6 replies
    • 756 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.