Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. ACJMY2K
    Started by ACJMY2K,

    Is there a comprehensive list of force pass rates anywhere? I have just had a/c for GMP which I believe is 55% pass rate, and I'm not confident (same as everyone I guess) If the worst does happen and I dont pass, then I would consider transferring to another force, but would like to see pass rates for other forces..... Thanks in advance

  2. lklklklkk
    Started by lklklklkk,

    Hi everyone, Iv got my Final on 14th April. Anyone else got final in April? Any help and advice on the Final would be greatly appreciated. Mark

    • 0 replies
    • 114 views
  3. Andi1545925587
    Started by Andi1545925587,

    as I'm writing this I literally just got back from passing my PIRT for specials so I'm in quite a good mood I've got my Interview booked for May. going to dress smart, can anyone give me any other advice? what does the interview involve? Any books or resources you would reccomend? would be nice to know as much as possible so I can plan it and get someone to set up a mock test for me.

    • 2 replies
    • 247 views
    Mr So Special
  4. lois lane
    Started by lois lane,

    Hi I have my wmp fitness test on the 1st of April 2009 is there anyone else who is doing theres on the same day??

    • 1 reply
    • 764 views
  5. chunk83
    Started by chunk83,

    Hi, Just had my assessment day on Sunday and I came into work yesterday and boss seemed bit strange with me. Then he called me into the office today and said he heard I had my final interview!!! Really worried now I just said i went on a taster day, but he was saying he needs to know as needs to find someone else to replace me!! ahhh Felt the day went good but there is always that underlying doubt that what if i dont get the percentage, just think he might be thinking of an excuse now to let me go as times are hard!!

    • 35 replies
    • 1.4k views
  6. FH BOY 51
    Started by FH BOY 51,

    I'm currently waiting for the Medical & Fitness test with the BTP I've been waiting over 2months,when i've been in contact with recruitment they've told me no dates are available,am i just worrying? or could i be waiting a bit longer? Is anyone else in my boat?

    • 41 replies
    • 1k views
  7. Mr Tom
    Started by Mr Tom * ,

    Hi I'm about to take my medical and fitness whilst been the vetted by West Mercia. About 6 years ago I had a fixed penalty for having an incorrect sized number plate on my motorcycle. No points etc were issued just the F.P. Like all vetting questions on here, can anybody shed any light onto whether this may prevent me getting in? I intend to list the F.P. but it dawned on me this morning whilst having breakfast that I had made that stupid mistake. Idiot. Thanks for your time -Tom-

    • 7 replies
    • 628 views
    Jaydee1546620346
  8. Its_A_Beautiful_Day
    Started by Its_A_Beautiful_Day,

    Hey-- a bit late for this, as I only wrote on the dotted lines............ but did wonder can you write on the inside of the box... but using the bottom of the box as a "line"? any feedback greatfully recieved :)

    • 2 replies
    • 321 views
  9. jibberjabber74
    Started by jibberjabber74,

    Hiya just wondering about interview etiquette would you shake hands with the panel at the beginning, the end or both or not shake hands at all after the interview. any advice will be helpful thanks

    • 14 replies
    • 473 views
    jibberjabber74
  10. dguk08
    Started by dguk08,

    So I've been reading that even if you are a PSCO etc you have to go through the whole process to become a cop, a guy from work got an office job with the Met and is now thinking of becoming a police officer after one year. He has been told that he doesn't have to go though the same process as everyone else, surely that's not right if PCSO's have to.

    • 5 replies
    • 457 views
  11. Its_A_Beautiful_Day
    Started by Its_A_Beautiful_Day,

    Hey, First off this has been a really informative site- so thanks to everyone. I'm trying to work out if you tick the disabilty box for asthma? On the main application form? Sorry, not too sure where to put..." I wheeze like an 80 year old"

    • 2 replies
    • 217 views
    Its_A_Beautiful_Day
  12. mr luvpants
    Started by mr luvpants,

    It seems a lot of us are waiting for MET Ac results so I have started a thread so that we can keep each other company whilst we wait and let each other know our results! I had mine on the 23rd Jan and expecting them anytime. Anyone else?

  13. Micklemuss
    Started by Micklemuss,

    Hi Guys, I just thought after reading all the Met Newbies posts and social chat (fair play guys, I am very envious and excited for you) that we are all very fed up with the wait but we are all in it together! So I am expected to be on the second intake of 2009 which personally I am expecting to start May/June time. Who else will be at Netley with me then? P/M me if you would prefer but it would be good to get to know who else is going to be going through this experience together!

  14. PotentialMetPC
    Started by PotentialMetPC,

    Hi all, I have my day 2 with the Met next week and I have a few queries. One of the forms they ask you to bring is for the details of your current employer for a reference. I haven't worked since April 2008 as I have been away travelling. Therefore I don't have a current employer (obviously!) I have rang recruitment and asked about this but they said I could discuss this with one of the admin staff next week on the day. However, I was hoping to get some clarification beforehand if possible, to put my mind at rest a bit. So, does anybody know what is to be done in this situation? Will they just ask for the details of your last employer? Or maybe those of a uni lectu…

    • 2 replies
    • 270 views
    PotentialMetPC
  15. gaskjim
    Started by gaskjim,

    Just got a call from recruitment, got into be a pcso going to be based in Newham and start my training on the 29th of May :) any one else get a call ??? James

    • 2 replies
    • 346 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.