Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. joel mason
    Started by joel mason,

    Hello all, I am moving from nottinghamshire - and i am am thinking about applying for Thames Valley Police... WHAT ARE THE LIKE AS AN ORGANIZATION? WHAT IMAGE DO THEY GIVE OUT? WHAT ARE THEY LIKE AS AN EMPLOYER? WHAT IS YOUR OPINION OF THAMES VALLEY POLICE?? WHAT DISTINGUISHES THEM FROM OTHER POLICE FORCES -BOTH IN A GOOD AND BAD WAY?? please feel free to enlighten me on any of the above

  2. P4UL
    Started by P4UL,

    I hear that before your fitness test there are tests carried out? Anyone elaborate on this? Also, I've also heard that PC's can now be over 30 on their BMI but must fall below 32? And with PCSO's it is 35?

  3. Palmer85
    Started by Palmer85,

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Passing-Recruit-As.../ref=pd_sim_b_2 http://policeinformationshop.patrolstore.c...son-p-8640.html I also have the dvd that accompanys the second book, i bought the lot for £30 was going to go via ebay however i thought i would see if anyone here wants them first, ill sell the lot for £20 and wont charge for p and p, as you can see by my sig it definatly helped me James

    • 1 reply
    • 130 views
  4. chelseablue
    Started by chelseablue,

    a few years ago when my brother was much younger,it was 1981 i think,he got arrested at a football match and was up in court and received a fine. he regretted the incident ever since and went on to get married,have kids,get a great job. this is the only time any of my family had ever been in trouble with the police. i have just passed the a/c and was worried that this may be a problem with my vetting. any advice to calm me nerves would be appreciated as i really want this job :-)

    • 5 replies
    • 483 views
  5. sophieu
    Started by sophieu,

    Is it possible to defer your start date? We have a holiday of a lifetime booked and don't really want to cancel it.

  6. Bish1546620460
    Started by Bish1546620460,

    Need a bit of advice. I’m a regular reader/contributor on this forum, but for reasons which will become apparent in a moment, I am using a new username. I am a serving PC and have a very close friend who is applying for the role of Special. He is a great guy and would be an absolute asset to my force. Here is the problem. He has applied a number of times and been turned down. There does not seem to be any reason why he has failed the application process. He rents a room from a relative of mine. This relative (I have recently found out) is a registered sex offender. That is almost certainly what is stopping my good friend from getting in. Now here is the issue. …

  7. mr luvpants
    Started by mr luvpants,

    I just picked up my doctors form that he had to sign and S@!T! He added on the medical conditions that I had mental problems and was referred to the community Mental health team. The story was that in April 2002 I had just started a nasty divorce from my ex wife.I had also just left the Jehovah witness religion after 30 years and was having issues with this as well. I was really down and went to the doctors, crying my eyes out. The doctor said that I do not need Anti depressants (never had these in my life) but I may need counseling. So he referred me for counseling. When they telephoned me to arrange an appointment I was not in and they left a message for me to phone t…

  8. linz52
    Started by linz52,

    Do you not think there is something seriously wrong with a recruitment system which takes as long as becoming a police officer ? Ok...some timescales are a little shorter.... but why oh why do some forces go all out to recruit and then take two years to process the application to conclusion? It's a long time to put ones life on hold..... Surely there is a better way?

    • 35 replies
    • 2.2k views
  9. cdodave
    Started by cdodave,

    Hi everyone, i have been going though the process of recruitment for devon and cornwall but have hit a major roadblock. i am in the territorial army and on returning from two weeks in norway have opened a letter saying I've failed the drugs test. As you can guess the world has dropped out of my posterior. I am clean and do not know how this can possibly happen. We have random drugs testing in the army and I have and would never take drugs. have read about false positives but am at a loss as what to do monday when I phone up the recruitment team, surely I can ask for a retest or appeal.

    • 5 replies
    • 540 views
    Jaydee1546620346
  10. Tag123
    Started by Tag123,

    Hi Iv just passed the applicaion process for Hertfordshire specials and the next stage is the pirt tests how difficult are they and what can i do in preperation Thanks Tom

    • 3 replies
    • 252 views
  11. Mook
    Started by Mook,

    Had my A/C for SWP last week and thought it went pretty well, I kept my nerve throughout and didn't go dry during the roleplays or interview. I am slightly concerned that I may have messed up on the written reports for the Westshire Centre, anybody have any idea how many marks I might lose if it is remarkably bad? And could i potentially pick those marks back up elsewhere? Is there a certain percentage I need to get to pass and is it different for different constabularies? Thanks!

    • 1 reply
    • 598 views
  12. OSD_Control
    Started by OSD_Control,

    Hi all, I posted the below in another topic an think its more suited on here My dilema is my current job. I have only been with my current employer since Novemeber and have a 6 month probation period... If i tell my employer about joining the police and then dont get through... I am worried that this will effect my chances of getting kept on when my probation period has finished.. I just think they will belive I am only there short term and I'm actively looking for other jobs.. this is not the case as if i dont get through all the stages with MET.. i will be staying here long term I still have not told my employer, but as my day 2 is friday 20th march... if I pass.. I…

  13. GraceR
    Started by GraceR,

    I'm down for the 31st Aug intake at Strathclyde. Was due to start on 18 May but got one last holiday booked for June before knuckling down to the hard work!! Give me a shout if your gona be on the August intake!!

    • 0 replies
    • 115 views
  14. powannabe
    Started by powannabe,

    Hi all, I have my day 2 coming up very soon, so just a few queries 1. What are the eyesight requirements for the met? 2. Is there a drugs test? does this entail an injection of any kind or is it a urine test? (i hate needles!) Any information would be greatly appreciated and hopefully help calm my nerves, thanks.

    • 12 replies
    • 741 views
  15. StevenT
    Started by StevenT,

    Hi guys, got my final interview on monday, thought id try this forum for some last minute help. Could anyone give me an idea of what kind of structure it takes? Are there more scenario based Qs etc? Topical issues? Im fairly certain I know as much as I can know in regards to Fact based information on Strathclyde police and my Division, but if anyone can give me any more input id greatly appreciate it. Thanks Steve

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.