Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. adthornley
    Started by adthornley,

    Hi all, I work in programme development for a major UK television company. We're looking for people who have unsuccessfully applied for the Police Force for a potential BBC programme. We will help them -physically and mentally- prepare to re-apply. These applicants must be one thing - not the usual person you would expect to have applied for the police. They might have an unusual outlook on life, belief system, lifestyle, etc. If this sounds like you, or someone you know, it would be great if you could get in touch. My number is 01612444197 and my email is adthornley@gmail.com (or you could PM me). Regards Adam

    Mr So Special
  2. policeeee
    Started by policeeee,

    Ok now a few weeks in, dealing with day to day stuff on team with no problems, hav'nt found anything yet that I hav'nt been able to deal with exept, How the hell do you fill in the PDR. I find it confusing to say the least. I have been keeping a work record etc, is this transferable? Any help exepted. Cheers.

    • 2 replies
    • 781 views
  3. majestic
    Started by majestic,

    Hello everyone. First and foremost I have been considering joining the Metropolitan police force for a while now and have attended a recruitment event but I have a few questions, which I hope someone can answer. I have a serious reservation regarding having my DNA swab taken. Now someone might think whats the reason? for that? Has he got something to hide? Errm no not exactly, it boils down to certain ethical and private beliefs which I feel are breaching an individuals right of freedom. Whereby too much is revealed to whoever has access to the Dna database about individuals. And I dont like the idea of not knowing what will be done with it whilst you have a lifelong c…

  4. Mook
    Started by Mook,

    I have my A/C tomorrow 19/03/09 at 0830 (too early! lol), was just wondering if and when I will find out the actual grade I got for my initial applicaton?

    • 7 replies
    • 566 views
  5. jamiec1546620296
    Started by jamiec1546620296,

    Whats the views on asthma for the medical? Only got a mild form, never had a attack but take an inhaler in the morning and at night. Got this far don't want it being a problem.

    • 13 replies
    • 458 views
    Jaydee1546620346
  6. Andi1546620193
    Started by Andi1546620193,

    Hi all, I start my training with Wiltshire Police this Friday (20th March) must say although I'm really looking forward to it, I'm just getting a bit nervious. In my induction pack it says there will be a short knowledge check on the SOLAP early in our training. Does anyone know how early in our training this is?

    • 1 reply
    • 436 views
  7. deanossss
    Started by deanossss,

    HI I HAVE MY MEDICAL AND FITNESS TEST ON TURSDAY THE 5TH MARCH. IF ALL GOES WELL, DOES ANYONE HAVE A CLUE ON WHEN THE NEXT BIG INTAKE IS? THANKS FOR ANY INFO DEAN

  8. GraceR
    Started by GraceR,

    I have my final interview tomorrow for Strathclyde. :smiley_help: I have spoken to a few officers and read up on local initiatives etc. Also practised a few scenario's online etc. Does ANYONE have any final advice for me? Any assistance or advice will be gratefully accepted!! I really want this!! Wish me luck and fingers crossed folks!!

    • 3 replies
    • 410 views
  9. kevin85
    Started by kevin85,

    has anyone recently taken the assessment centre and passed or just missed ?? who is waiting for their results still?? thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 605 views
  10. Fairfax
    Started by Fairfax,

    One of my final questions before my AC... In one of my report examples, I had to write back to the Operations Manager regarding me meeting a reporter to discuss ASB at the Centre. How do I go about this exactly? There has been a newspaper report regarding ASB at the Centre, and I have to meet the reporter to discuss this. But my proposal doc is for the Operations Mananger, informing him how I am going to address the situation.

    • 1 reply
    • 190 views
  11. mvaliant1546620028
    Started by mvaliant1546620028,

    Hi all, I have an assessment day coming up with the Met and was wondering if anyone has been through one recently and knows what type of questions will be asked during the interview. I know that they are based around competencies, but can any one give me a steer? Thanks.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.4k views
  12. gaskjim
    Started by gaskjim,

    Hi I passed my medical and fitness tests with the met to be a pcso at the end of Febuary, i know its early days yet but does any one no how long it will be before i hear anythink back ?? Thanks James

    • 1 reply
    • 386 views
  13. bettsenbaur
    Started by bettsenbaur * ,

    got an interview for Suffolk thursday. What is the best prep work to do ? Been looking at suffolk website and local (SNT`s) for information. Is there anything else i should be trying to get to grips with? can anyone help?

    • 0 replies
    • 114 views
    bettsenbaur *
  14. SG1
    Started by SG1,

    Hi, I have my A/C on Friday with GMP and I was wondering if anyone knew how much each task was worth in your overall mark, for example, I've read on here that the numerical reasoning task only counts as 2.5% of the mark. I've read all the information I've received and I don't think it was outlined in there. Thanks for your help.

    • 3 replies
    • 209 views
  15. autopilot
    Started by autopilot +,

    Got my letter confirming i passed the sift last week. Now i am thinking about taking the in2police course (module 3) for my AC day. When would be the best time to take it? There is one at the end of this month - is that too soon? Or how about nearer the time (which i dont yet know but probably in a few months)?

    • 14 replies
    • 242 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.