Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. dom88
    Started by dom88,

    Hi i've got my assesment day one on the 8th of April and was wondering how I go about arranging a ride along. I've rang the recruitment line who put me through to my local station (Kingston) and they just told me to ring HR. I'm applying for the Met and would be appreciative of any station or borough I could get in to observe. Thanks in advance for any help. Dom

  2. geebee
    Started by geebee,

    11 May! Will be in Teignmouth or Newton Abbott!

  3. pmax
    Started by pmax * ,

    Hi can anyone tell me if there is access to a gym for officers with cumbria police, and if so is it a public gym or is it on HQ. Thanks!

    • 3 replies
    • 570 views
  4. Noah Claypole
    Started by Noah Claypole,

    Hi all Sorry my first post is a bit 'bone', but as per the subject header I am completing my application form for the MDP :shhh: , but I am a bit unsure which lines to write on for the competency questions. In Q1 and Q2 you could clearly write on the top line of the answer 'box', but for Q3-Q10 the first line in the answer box is very close to the question itself - ie little space to write. Some advice please!

    • 10 replies
    • 479 views
    Noah Claypole
  5. Gaz999
    Started by Gaz999,

    Im thinking applying to become a Special Constable, Is it true that the checks are quicker than applying to be a Reg? If so why is this? & last but not least, Is the interview all the same as a reg too? Do you get all the uniform as a reg would?

    • 2 replies
    • 267 views
  6. dalziel
    Started by dalziel,

    please can you help me is it allowed to send an applicatio for pcso to one force and a pc to another force please can you help as i know if you apply as a pc you cant apply to another force as a pc definitly thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 331 views
  7. laura_hughes_87
    Started by laura_hughes_87,

    Was just wondering on day 2, does it usually have the fitness and medical all on one day?? Just had my day 1 this week and want to be prepared! Thanks!

    • 1 reply
    • 150 views
  8. xkelkelx
    Started by xkelkelx,

    After doing medical and fitness stage they do vetting. What does this involve? Do you need to have a final interview or is it just going over documents and references? Thanks Kerry

    • 6 replies
    • 263 views
  9. dalziel
    Started by dalziel,

    has anybody else notcied how easy it is to buy stuff to pretend to be a police man i was once told by a sgt in my county force when talking about this issiue that to wear the uniform u gotta earn the unifrom what do you all think ??

    • 10 replies
    • 500 views
    life isn't easy
  10. TaitM91546620137
    Started by TaitM91546620137,

    I work in a convenience store and in December 2008 I was charged under the "Licensing (Scotland) Act 1976 S68(1)&(7)" for failing to I.D a teenager that the police had sent in to buy alcohol. Last week I attended court and of course pleaded guilty and was given a £150 fine (reduced from £240 as there is no previous offences, I was squeaky clean up until that point). Question is, is this going to prevent me from being accepted into the police in the future? I spoke to a close family friend who's a Sergeant in the local force who said it shouldn't prevent me from being accepted as it's not the most serious of offences and doesn't indicate dishonesty or such, but I'm…

  11. dazzer34
    Started by dazzer34,

    hi has anyone else filled in and sent their application form back for wiltshire police. i sent mine today and was told that it would be delivered on tuesday. if anyone else have sent theirs ,how confident do you feel. cheers darren

    • 2 replies
    • 484 views
  12. Wannabe_Met
    Started by Wannabe_Met * ,

    This is probably been asked before, so sorry if it has .. i failed A/C about four months ago and i was just wondering, when it comes to re-appliying will i have to do my application form again?? thanks dan

    • 2 replies
    • 415 views
    Wannabe_Met *
  13. andyb206
    Started by andyb206,

    Does anybody know a phone number to ring GMP vetting department directly? I've seen a few posts saying they got more information out of vetting departments than the recruiting team. Any help appreciated!

  14. OSD_Control
    Started by OSD_Control,

    OMG Ok..ok.. I know I should not have left it so late but, I CANT FIND MY BIRTH CERTIFICATE!! It says on my paper work I need to bring it on my day 2 ( This Friday!) I was convinced I knew where it was.. just went to check because I am travelling to London tomorrow.. and its not there!!! Anyone been in a similar situation? Any thoughts on what to do If i cant find it ?? OMGGGG if its not one thing...its another !!! Leroy

  15. Fairfax
    Started by Fairfax,

    Obviously there is no single structure to doing the role plays, but is there something you can roughly follow? Im aware you get 5 minutes before each play to make notes. What do people suggest you take in with you? Anyone have any good ideas? I have heard alot about the 5 W's. Some people have said it is good to as the person you are dealing with, what they would like you to do? My take on it, is to introduce myself and explain my role at the centre. So for instance... "Hi, I am Fairfax, I am one of the Customer Service Officers here at the Centre and its my job to ensure we provide a high level of serivce to our customers - I understand you are unhappy...Could you t…

    • 1 reply
    • 357 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.