Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. recruit1
    Started by recruit1,

    Hi, I have my fittness/medical test on 30th sept at portishead for avon and somerset constab. I have downloaded the bleep test and warm up to level 3 and do the bleep test to level 5.4 fine. My only concern is to recently I slightly injured my shoulder and having physio to correct the problem, is 34-35kg pull/push hard. I'm average size guy 5.9 11 stone build and havent been doing push ups or anything. Also after the interview it said on the fitness letter that is wasnt confirmation that i passed the interview but that i would be told at a later stage, although i have progressed to the fitness. Is that a normal response because im worried i'll pass the fitness …

  2. Mikester1545925594
    Started by Mikester1545925594,

    passed my physical test for essex pc's today. When you passed your physical how long did it take to get the phone call with a date for the medical test? As i hear they will give you your medical close to your start date so its current. Just want to get started now! What uniform do you have to buy and what gets given to you? Also do you know if u get paid when you start your training at the college?

  3. chunk83
    Started by chunk83,

    Hi, Just wondered if someone could help. Just learning my written reports and someone told me it had to be in lower case is this true? I always write in capitals but it is neat and can write alot quicker, whereas if i write in lower case its messy (looks like 3 yr old wrote it)! On the application form i wrote in capitals and got in the top 3 % does it matter for the proposals as long as you dont get loads of spelling mistakes and write a rubbish report please help fot AC on sunday!!

  4. norwichguy
    Started by norwichguy,

    hi guys, ive just come down off the walls after recieving my start date for Essex police. 20 march 2009. EASTERN DIVISION! anyone else on here in eastern division? i dont want to sit alone in the canteen! :) also if anyone wants a lodger im looking for accomodation....... many thanks

    • 45 replies
    • 4.5k views
  5. Mikester1545925594
    Started by Mikester1545925594,

    Got my phone call this afternoon after passing my fitness last week. Got my medical on the 22nd April. Only thing im worried about is my BMI, Its about 19, but worried that on the day it will be less than the required 18.5 or something. Going to eat hardcore this month to get fatter. haha. What else happens? Vision test i suppose and hearing. Cheers Mike

    • 10 replies
    • 1.1k views
  6. ID13
    Started by ID13,

    i am re-applying for second time. i would like to use the same examples as my previous form which passed last time but im worried that they might think i havnt bothered to make an effort with it. however, they are genuinely the best examples i have even though im a year later down the line (nothing particularly challening or exciting happens in my current job hence there is no better examples to use) should i change my answers to use current examples that might not be as good or stick with the old ones? some people say not to use old ones and some say its fine anyone done this and what was the outcome? thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 430 views
  7. P4UL
    Started by P4UL,

    I've never actually used one at the gym, I've always used treadmill, bike & rower... And then moved onto weights. I play rugby, which involves a kind of f****d up level of fitness because everything is stop and start, therefore I tend to do a lot of interval training i.e. running at full sprint for a few minutes, then gradually slowing down before starting again with the sprint. I've been told that cross trainers are really good because they are a lot safer, you don't pick up as many injuries - I'm giving up the rugby because I'm constantly picking up injuries, especially knee injuries - Therefore I'm hoping to start on the cross trainer rather than using bikes/tread…

    • 9 replies
    • 426 views
    NicholasAngel1546620428
  8. Adougl999
    Started by Adougl999,

    I was recently refused a position with Strathclyde Police which happened during the background checks stage, I was never given a reason, even after writing and calling the recruitment dept. I really need to know why as I dont want to go through all that again just to be refused again. I remember being charged with the police about 7 years ago for being Drunk & Incapable (still at school ath the time- stupid!), nothing ever hapened with that at all- no fine, no court, no letters. I was also the passenger in a car when the driver got charged (& later convicted) of drink driving-that was about 4 years ago. I have only recently begun to wonder if this has played …

    • 7 replies
    • 2k views
    Ryk1546620256
  9. bingster
    Started by bingster,

    Hey did anybody attend the GMP a/c today? I attended this morning and there were a full syndicate that were a no show! I think this site has really helped me, however I cant help but think of things I should have said or done. I didnt do very well in the numerical test which I expected, and I felt that I rambled a little too much but I tried my best, now theres a 14day wait. The guys at the a/c have said we will find out the results on the 5th december so fingers crossed!

    • 7 replies
    • 370 views
  10. dazzer34
    Started by dazzer34,

    Hi All This is probaly a silly question but could someone tell me if it is standard procedure to get a police constable registration form shortly after recruitment have received your application form? Or am I jumping the gun by assuming I may of passed the application stage? Cheers Darren

    • 4 replies
    • 773 views
  11. Ryan SD
    Started by Ryan SD * ,

    Hello all, I am currently applying to be a special with Hampshire police, as a student for the next 18 months I am unable to join the regulars. My previous job was going very well for 2 years + but due to an administrative error on my part that caused my temporary/flexi contract (signed each month) to not be renewed in December 08. The manager who did the honours was very new to the role and I fear if the recruitment department contact her she will jeopardise my application. I will be using my current employer and university tutor as referees but is it common for recruitment to contact past employers of special constables?

    • 2 replies
    • 496 views
    Tim in the South
  12. Gooner
    Started by Gooner,

    Hi Guys, I wonder if any one can help? I have read that there is a lung capacity test as part of your medical. What is the required amount that you have to blow.and is this done on a hand held peak flow? Thanks

  13. Walesmjc
    Started by Walesmjc,

    Hi all, I would like to ask here are there any officers who have transferred to the MET recently? If so where did you transfer from, and how does it compare, differences (good and bad) etc. And if OSPRE Part 1 +2 qualified are you able to transfer straight in as a skipper on TOWBAR? Cheers.

    • 1 reply
    • 612 views
  14. becky1989
    Started by becky1989,

    hey everyone, took my 1st fitness test in january and failed on the weights hugely !! went back today and got 42kg on my pull and 33kg on my push !!! am gutted only 2 kg away ! have improved hugely but am really worried as this is my last attempt,any 1 know anymore tips for me?? also if you fail by a couple of kgs can you appeal at the end? thanks

    • 7 replies
    • 485 views
    Jaydee1546620346
  15. Lollypops87
    Started by Lollypops87,

    Sorry if this has been asked before. I'm hearing allot of different stories about the current time lengths for training for the met . Can anyone tell me what the structure is now? is it still 6 weeks at Hendon the rest at your satellite stations?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.