Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. mattwoodfield
    Started by mattwoodfield,

    Hi all, I sat the assessment centre on 5th March and found out my results on Saturday just gone. It turns out that i had failed, but only on the written. I achieved 33% where as the the pass mark is obviously, 44%! I wanted some feedback on where i went wrong. Was it the content, spelling, hand writing, grammar? So i rang recruitment, who were very friendly and i asked if i could have some more in depth feedback. They said that they would get in touch with the assessment centre team and get them to ring me back. In the mean time, i have transferred my assessment centre results over to the PCSO department as i had the required pass mark for that. Yesterday, i had a phon…

    • 5 replies
    • 303 views
    mattwoodfield
  2. a0400798@hud.ac.uk
    Started by a0400798@hud.ac.uk,

    Just been to the opticians for a check up so I dont get any nasty surprises before my Met medical next Friday. My eyesight is fine but apparently I am rather colour blind. According to the optician there are 2 types of test. Is he correct in saying that the police test is the one where you have to say which colour matches another colour rather than finding a number/letter amongst a group of coloured spots. Any info would be much appreciated

    • 6 replies
    • 518 views
  3. evanjonesaber
    Started by evanjonesaber,

    Hi there, I have my assessment centre for London Met on March 27th and was just wondering if any like minded candidates have their's on the same day? I'm sooooooo nervous about it now but studying hard every day after work and am trying to give myself the best possible chance....but it doesn't stop my stomach from whirring everytime I think about what is to come! Anyone else feel the same? Evan

    • 8 replies
    • 298 views
  4. rayofsunshine
    Started by rayofsunshine,

    Hi Does anyone know where I can find the email address (or know) for recruitment at Suffolk Constabulary? I have some things I need to make them aware of but I cant find the email address. Thanks Amy

    • 0 replies
    • 312 views
    rayofsunshine
  5. captain black
    Started by captain black,

    Hi all, Had my A/C back Oct 08 then medical / uniform fit Jan 09. Would like to chat to anyone else applying for Cleveland and currently going through selection. Cheers, Neil

    • 46 replies
    • 2.2k views
  6. chelseablue
    Started by chelseablue,

    it be ok to go in smart casual (trousers and shirt) instead of a suit? advice gratefully received

    • 11 replies
    • 253 views
  7. Drwall
    Started by Drwall,

    Hi, I'm new here, if it's not that board I'm sorry for that. I've got quick questions for you. As a policeman do I have undertake periodic medical tests? I'm especially interested in the sight tests. Thanks in advance! Kind Regards! P.

    • 10 replies
    • 530 views
  8. TheHP
    Started by TheHP,

    Had my day 2 with the met last week and despite passing all the phy and medical checks, ive had my medical put on hold untill I see the Mets specialist on my condition. Is this a routine thing they do to cover every base or should i start to worry? after getting so close im starting get a bit nervous over the hold up. :smiley_help:

    • 4 replies
    • 308 views
  9. jshrew
    Started by jshrew,

    Just need a vent Well I'd been waiting 10 weeks since my pre-med to be signed off for full med and fitness dates managed to get through to occ health today to find out what the problem is turns out they needed confirmation from my doc that I have had no asthma issues since a single diagnosis over 10yrs ago and that I have no further problems from an ankle break I sustained 3 yrs ago. However WMC requested this info on the 29th Jan and it was suggested I contact my doc. Phone call placed to surgery and situation explained 'oh yes' was the response 'we got that the first week of Feb just haven't got round to it yet'!!!! They refused to take the occ health fax number and …

    • 4 replies
    • 472 views
  10. clarksonrob
    Started by clarksonrob,

    Does anyboby know if it possible to transfer your application to another force if you have failed the AC,I did my AC a while ago and got 57% for RRD,and above 60% in all other areas,could I transfer this over to another force who's AC is at 50%,or does it depend on the force?Has anybody out there actually done this?Cheers.

    • 13 replies
    • 625 views
    super2nova1546620366
  11. lcol98
    Started by lcol98,

    I have my Met Fitness 8:30am 19th Jan, anyone else have theirs that day?

  12. Bephlam
    Started by Bephlam * ,

    Hi Folks, I am currently filling out my application form, and I am extremely worried already. I am 27 years old and thankfully haven't any prior convictions (luckily not even a parking ticket) however, my father has a criminal record (albeit from 20 years ago). Do you think this will blow me out the water before I even start swimming?? My Mother and Father divorced when I was five, and my Mother re-married shortly after this. My Father wasn't part of my life up until a few years back (his ill health caused him to require some assistance)...but...he's still my bio father, so I'm worried this will go against me. Any advice would be VERY MUCH appreciated. Thanks, B x

    • 5 replies
    • 457 views
  13. andyroser
    Started by andyroser,

    Hey there, What's the Met's stance on applying for both PC and PCSO? And if you fail one of them can you apply for the other instantaneously or does the 6 months still apply? Thanks.

  14. Jman
    Started by Jman * ,

    But ive looked into becoming a police officer & i have no idea how to apply? i only live 5mins from the hendon training school as well! ive got the application forms to become a pcso but i really would prefer to be a proper bobby..can anyone point me in the right direction? thanks in advance.

    • 5 replies
    • 1.1k views
  15. dtrofimczuk
    Started by dtrofimczuk,

    Hi all, I was just wondering if I could have some advice. I have a recruitment even on the 8th April and have already begun filling in the application form. Everything on the form is pretty straight forward, however, I have a bit of a problem with the references section, namely, this is to do with what references I can actually use. Here’s a rough synopsis of my work/education times: 2003 - 2004 (odd jobs) 2004-2008 (studying at university - no jobs) 2008 - 2009 (was working for 4 months) My problem is that Note 11 says that the references should preferably be two employers and the fourth paragraph mentions that you should have known them for at least 3 years - I h…

    • 2 replies
    • 317 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.