Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. sgerrard1974
    Started by sgerrard1974,

    Well this is the hardest topic i've started on here, after nearly two years of going through the process of recruitment with GMP, they have sent a letter saying i haven't been succesful. I have passed everything my references are good, no criminal record, and my finances which i thought may of been a stumbling block are not the problem. The answer i have been given is "adverse information from a third party" and of course will not elaborate. My faily has never been in trouble with the police in fact my older brother is an inspector. My wife's family have neither been in trouble. The only factor could be me not informing them of another 3 points on my licence that have…

  2. La Policia
    Started by La Policia,

    Hello all. I am just trying to find people who took a medical for essex on the 21st Jan 2009. It would be interesting to see where you have got! Cheers

    • 0 replies
    • 180 views
  3. La Policia
    Started by La Policia,

    Hello all. I am just trying to find people who took a medical for essex on the 21st Jan 2009. It would be interesting to see where you have got! Cheers

    • 0 replies
    • 182 views
  4. La Policia
    Started by La Policia,

    Hello all. I was just wondering if anyone had an update essex! I passed my medical late Jan 2008 and I phone last week as I hadn't heard anything. They told me that I would have to wait 6 months after my medical to hear anything! How is anyone else getting on with Essex recruitment? Cheers, Matt God! I have just realised how bad my English is when I type fast and don't proof read - Sorry guys.

    • 2 replies
    • 526 views
  5. nunchaku182
    Started by nunchaku182,

    I'm applying for Avon and Somerset Police which weren't my first choice but a good force nonetheless. I live in Cardiff so it's a bit of a drive there and back. Is there any kind of travel subsidy or accomodation available for me while I'm there? Cheers

    jemz1546620088
  6. nigel1973
    Started by nigel1973,

    Hi, I found this recruitment website last night : www.police-recruitment.co.uk It offers a one day intensive police training course and other police recruitment products Has anyone had any experience with the products? or attended the police course? if so, are the courses worth attending? cheers...

    • 2 replies
    • 359 views
  7. Cassius Bojangles
    Started by Cassius Bojangles,

    Hi there I have my day 2 coming up soon and thus my vetting is ongoing. Firstly no member of my immediate family has a criminal record, however 20 years ago my dad (who is now deceased) was investigated for something but then no charges were brought and so no criminal record. Is this a problem at all? Secondly, I have a student loan and about 8000 overdraft. In the last year or so I have missed some repayments due to unemployment. However I have no CCJ's or bankruptcy and have just recently paid off £3000 worth of credit cards and some overdraft (was £11,000 now £8000). Is this a problem at all? Finally, I have asthma but my doctor has signed my forms and said I am …

    • 2 replies
    • 291 views
    Cassius Bojangles
  8. jamesw1546620257
    Started by jamesw1546620257,

    Hi, has anyone who passed the September A/C got a date for their fitness/medical.

    • 289 replies
    • 8.1k views
  9. higgz123
    Started by higgz123,

    hi just wondering if they check your cholesterol at all during the medical? thanks

    • 7 replies
    • 337 views
  10. Rolfe
    Started by Rolfe,

    am due to start on the may intake with the MOD was wondering if anyone out there was doing or has done their training so i have some idea of what to expect and what i need to take? also wot the job is actually like after wethersfield? any help would b great!

    jonathanC1546620488
  11. gaznos1546620070
    Started by gaznos1546620070,

    Anyone been through it with cheshire recently?? are they concentrating on the competencies or info about the force.....i have read up and up and up on the force but just find it hard to come up with examples for the "when have you challenged someone" sort of question....any last min thoughts appreciated, thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 138 views
  12. mr luvpants
    Started by mr luvpants,

    I have literally just got back from my Day 1 at the MET. One of the staff said that this week the MET have lowered their pass mark from 60% to 55%. It is with immediate effect but is not retrospective. He said that they weren't getting enough candidates pass the bench mark and recruitment is costing them a lot of money.If its been posted already I apologize.

    Cassius Bojangles
  13. jkol78
    Started by jkol78 * ,

    Hey guys, quick question regarding a police staff position. I was invited to interview last Wednesday and attended, interview went quite well I thought. I have been told that the decision has been made within the department and the recruiting dept. will contact me. My questions are: Does the recruiting dept. write to all candiates, successful including all unsuccessful? Will the recruiting dept. carry out security and health vetting before or after they offer me the position (if I'm successful)? They could offer it to me subject to passing all vetting. Should I worry that they've not contacted me within a week of the recruiting dept. being passed the decision? Woul…

    • 0 replies
    • 321 views
  14. SBP
    Started by SBP,

    Hi there, I was wondering how people who don't have a car get to Tulliallan from Edinburgh? Is there public transport that goes there or do the force have a van that runs people up there and back? Or do you just hope you quickly make friends with someone in your first week who has a car? Cheers, Chris

    • 2 replies
    • 634 views
  15. potemkin

    Well, this is my first post and I wish it was being made under more favourable circumstances. After applying to the Met back in September and passing the day one assessment centre with 73% (day 2 was on 30 March), I phoned vetting yesterday to inform them of telephone number change. I also asked whether there was any news on the progress of my application. My vetting officer asked me to hold and in the background I heard him clearly ask a colleague, "we've refused this guy a clearance but I can't tell him over the phone, can I?" To which his colleague replied, "No." The vetting officer then came back on the line and said that there was no news since my vetting was still …

    • 1 reply
    • 12.2k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.