Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. dsa89
    Started by dsa89,

    would we have the westshire centre info (like the code of conduct) at hand when we have to write a response? got my AC tomorow, so need to know if all that need memorising thanks for help

    • 1 reply
    • 296 views
  2. ACJMY2K
    Started by ACJMY2K,

    Hi everyone I have final interview for GMP in 2 weeks, and would like to know if were allowed to take notes in for the competencies etc? just thinking of prompter cards as im having diificulty remembering everything i have wrote so far!

  3. sunnie1990
    Started by sunnie1990,

    I am sending my application of today, one thing i dont have the dates for when i was convicted i only have the year? i went to the police station and they said they cant give me that info after 40 days any help on this what shal i write for dates?

    • 8 replies
    • 595 views
  4. sgerrard1974
    Started by sgerrard1974,

    I am wondering if not stating what code was on my licence could i fail my application, I have gone through the whole process to be told at the very last minute that i have been unsuccesful after references, financial checks and vetting checks, my refs are ok ,finances ok no criminal record. I was advised to go through my application form with a fine tooth comb, the only thing i can think of is a speeding offence that happened in may 04 but not convicted until jul04 after going through the appeal process. the only thing is though the code that was put on was ms90 instead of sp30 which i have just found out is failure to supply information. Which is wrong as i went throu…

    • 2 replies
    • 481 views
  5. paddy84
    Started by paddy84,

    I want to join the Police in London and the City Police have just opened up their recuritment so Im thinking of applying for that force. I wanted to find out abit more about them but there doesnt seem to be a great deal of info on here or online (Even their own site isnt that informative). So if anyone knows much about them or works for them that would be great. Firstly do they get paid the same as the Met? The only info I could find was that you get London weighting ontop of the national salary but wasnt sure if you got the extra 4k like the Met do. I was also hoping somone would know if the work is as varied as the met or it is just the same sort of things day in …

    • 2 replies
    • 533 views
  6. Babycakes
    Started by Babycakes * ,

    Hello All, Just wondered if anyone knew the process for West Mids i have passed my assessments although at the time i had applied tp another force West Mids have said i am able to transfer my application to them when they start recruiting again so what more do i ahve left to do obviously once the application is tranfered....... i'm already trainig to help get me throught he fitness anything else i can do to prepare.......... Any advice tips or info on length of time it takes to complete process would be appreciated Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 474 views
  7. duff_beer
    Started by duff_beer,

    Hello i am currently in the application process. Just completed an assessment centre. A member of the recruitment team has emailed me regarding mu history. On my application form under cautions etc etc i put down that i was charged for alleged offence in 2006 to which no further action was taken, the member has now emailed me asking me for the alleged offence and the exact circumstances, i dont know what she means by "exact circumstances"..... do i email back saying it was a crazy ex girlfriend trying to ruin my career. i was arrested for aggrevated burglary, even though it was my own student house at university, so i am all confused on what to do, i was arrested, qu…

    • 9 replies
    • 7.6k views
  8. Cassius Bojangles
    Started by Cassius Bojangles,

    I have a student loan. I also have 9000 overdraft and within the last year I have missed repayments. However, I maybe in an opportunity to pay all my 9000 overdraft off. Would this give me a better chance when it came to vetting? thanks.

    • 5 replies
    • 645 views
  9. Gezzo1981
    Started by Gezzo1981,

    Hello folks. I start my training at Strathclyde Police on the 18th May. I received my welcome pack last week. It notes the PE kit must be plain and white, Does this mean absolutly no sport names ie nike, addidas etc or just things like no football colours etc. Its nigh impossible to aquire plain white non sporty make clothes nowadays. I dont want to show up at training and look like the odd one out... Any advice welcome.

    • 20 replies
    • 2.2k views
  10. majestic
    Started by majestic,

    Hello - Was wondering whether someone can answer my question. What does the medical involve? Does it involve having to take any vaccines and is the recruits DNA and fingerprints taken on the same day? Many thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 229 views
    Jaydee1546620346
  11. sgt wilson
    Started by sgt wilson,

    Hello all I have just passed my medical and have beed given my start date,4th of january 2010 is there any one else starting in sussex at the same time?

    • 2 replies
    • 799 views
  12. ScarySquirrel
    Started by ScarySquirrel,

    Hello, The application form asks for two references whom the applicant has known for 3 years. Naturally I was going to include my previous two places of work as references. However I worked for one company for 1 year 10 months and at my current company for around 1 year 9 months, although I am still working here. So, my old employer has known me for over 3 years, but I only worked there for 1 year 10 months. Can I include my current employer even though they have known me for less than 3 years? Can I use a personal reference like an old school teacher (family friend)? What kind of questions would they ask them? Technically this means I cannot include them even…

    • 2 replies
    • 354 views
    ScarySquirrel
  13. bonnieanne
    Started by bonnieanne,

    I just wanted to give a little bit of encouragement to those who are finding the recruitment process really tough after being knocked back. I today finally received an offer of appointment from West Yorkshire Police, I am still in total shock and disbelief! I have been trying to get into the police since 2001 and after 5 applications and 8 long years, I did it! I failed at just about every stage of the process and after thinking it wasn't meant to be, I decided to have just one more try and finally did it!! So, to all you ready to call it a day, I know exactly how you feel but if this is something you truly want, keep going and you will get that letter!! Good luck!!…

    • 7 replies
    • 770 views
  14. xxL1SAxx
    Started by xxL1SAxx,

    All this is my first post so please bare with me I applied to become a Special with LBP and have been invited to attend familiarisation Evening at the end of the month @ Fettes. I will also be sitting the SET test and Critical thinking. Can anyone please tell me what to expect and what preparation I should be doing. I am brushing up on my maths etc. Any help would be appreciated.

    • 3 replies
    • 244 views
  15. sally.slack
    Started by sally.slack * ,

    Hello I'm currently filling in the CRB check form just before my final interview. I casually asked my younger brother if he had any 'dealings' with the police in his past hoping he'd so no when he tells me that he got cautions for GBH, Possession and numerous driving offences. He said they were all when he was under 18 so at least 7 years ago. I'm gutted - will this affect my application? Thanks.

    • 2 replies
    • 565 views
    jemz1546620088

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.