Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. P4UL
    Started by P4UL,

    Alright everyone, Just wondering if anyone else has their Assessment Centre on June 30th, 12.45-6pm? Be good to get to know a few people before turning up! Thanks, Paul

    • 0 replies
    • 134 views
  2. Chris316
    Started by Chris316,

    Hi there, i am looking to join L&B, i have filled my application in ready to send off, but really want to know if anyone knows roughly when the fitness tests will commence. I have recently had an umbilical hernia operated on and have been advised not to do any training for at least 6 weeks. any advice would be excellent. Chris.

  3. amandatrec
    Started by amandatrec,

    Hi I have just found out that I have passed my assessment centre (Hurrah!!!!) Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get a date for the fitness test. I could do with working out how long I have to complete my transformation from a couch potato! Also is the fitness test and medical done on the same day? Thanks folks

    • 4 replies
    • 195 views
    X3ParaMurph
  4. andyb206
    Started by andyb206,

    Is there any reason to go in smart clothes to the uniform fitting? I only ask because my appointment is in the afternoon and I'm going while I'm at work. I drive a van for work and wear jeans and a polo shirt. If I wear smart clothes at work there's a danger of getting a little dirty and looking worse than if I was in jeans. If I don't go from work I have to take the day off which I can't really afford to do. Also does anybody know how long it takes? Just so I can tell my boss how long I'll be there for. Fast replies appreciated, my appointment is tomorrow! Andy

    • 5 replies
    • 889 views
  5. Satch_66
    Started by Satch_66,

    Hi All, First post :) So anyway, I sent my application form of to the Met at the beginning of March. I got the CASA form about a week later (16th March) and sent that off within a week. I was just wondering how long I'm likely to be waiting to hear about a Day 1. The only reason I ask is that I rang Met Recruitment last week and the woman I spoke to said it looked like my application is going through but I was just looking at one of the other police forums out there and someone who applied (to the Met as well) slightly after me has already heard about their Day 1. I'm a bit concerned now :s Any thoughts? Cheers, Matt

    • 3 replies
    • 340 views
    OSD_Control
  6. duff_beer

    hello i got 58% for my recent a/c. I have been called for another interview with herts as they interview people who got 55-59. If i fail this interview does it mean i cannot transfer my application to another force??? thanks

    • 7 replies
    • 494 views
  7. george76271546620128
    Started by george76271546620128,

    All 25 of us on the day passed - so I am led to believe, its all down to vetting now, fingers crossed and good luck to all the others there today... ...we shall meet again, at Hendon...

    • 2 replies
    • 338 views
  8. sweetsoutar
    Started by sweetsoutar,

    Im just waiting for an a/c date to come threw and already worrying my arse off about everything. Most importanlty im worried i will fail my financial vetting because; 1. A huge overdraft that i go over and mess up payment plans and constant charges on my account. 2. A credit card that i am only just paying off. 3. Direct debits that some months i miss and then i get charges. Are all these a major reason to me failing in the future? Arghhh i should have never gone to uni!!! Thanks

    sykes1545925530
  9. whisky62
    Started by whisky62,

    Hi all I have a questions regarding the PIRT tests that i will have to take at the assessment centre. I understand that there will be verbal logical reasoning tests and numerical tests however are there any others? I appreciate that there are written tests etc but are there tests for the below TEST 1 Verbal usage 1. One hundred officers ________ allocated for ____________ control. A - was / croud B - was / crowd C - were / croud D - were / crowd E - none of these Additionally are there any tests for checking information? the reason i ask is that the reference books i have dont list checking data or spelling etc. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks …

    • 1 reply
    • 183 views
  10. egg1546620486
    Started by egg1546620486,

    Hi all, I'm due to start my training in June but was wondering if anyone could tell me when it is that you become a member of the police federation is it straight away? Bit of a random question but I am buying a car and i get discount as long as i'm a member! Thanks.

    • 5 replies
    • 1k views
    egg1546620486
  11. Daniel011546620491
    Started by Daniel011546620491,

    Hi everyone, Ive already posted in the new members welcome area, so i guess this is my first real post. I live in Hampshire and so am waiting like loads of other people for recuritment to re-open again for the regulars but understand that will not be untill early 2010 at least. So i decided although i could apply for the MET regulars now id rather wait a year and hope my own county does re-open again in around a year. In the mean time get as much valuable experience i can and thoroughly reasearch the entire recuritment process and improve/test myself on the areas i can, such as the initial application form and required levels of fitness. I heard about an Appropriate Ad…

    • 8 replies
    • 851 views
    Daniel011546620491
  12. sideysid
    Started by sideysid,

    Hi guys, Ok, I've been wanting to join the police for some time, and have seen the 6/12 corrected and 6/36 uncorrected requirements for the eyesight test. I have a specific problem in that I have a slightly amblyoptic eye from childhood. This results in glasses being ineffective to correct my eyesight. My unaided vision however is 6/5 in my better eye and 6/24 in my amblyoptic one. Although I rely mainly on the better eye, I have a full field of vision and have no problem with colours etc etc. Because the standards states "Binocular vision (vision with both eyes) worse than 6/6 (7th line on optician's chart) requires correction." and I can see without correction (rely…

    • 13 replies
    • 2k views
    X3ParaMurph
  13. Mook
    Started by Mook,

    Anybody heard anything back from vetting and security checks yet? Successfully completed the fitness and medical, got a drugs test on the 28th. Post here when you hear something new! Good luck all...

    • 0 replies
    • 300 views
  14. Palmer85
    Started by Palmer85,

    Hey, A little help needed here, I am currently applying for the MET, i passed my application, day 1, day 2 and vetting. However becuase i got a penalty for urinating in public 3 weeks ago my start date has been cancelled and application terminated. Its the MET's policy to fail anyone that recieves a penalty or conviction during the recruitment process. I have appealed the desicion which i have been informed i have a slight chance of winning due to how minor it is. If it is unnsuccesful is it possible for me to pass my application on to Kent who may be look on the matter differently? any help greatly appreciated Thankyou

    • 2 replies
    • 390 views
  15. Tony Hayes1546620444
    Started by Tony Hayes1546620444,

    I have just been on the police could you site and have seen the City of London Police are now recruiting until the 15th of May. Until today I had never heard of the City of London Police.

    • 4 replies
    • 2.6k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.