Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
I have completed a/c, medical/fitness, and vetting (which I have passed all of and cleared vetting etc. successfully) but have since decided to transfer to the Met. I was wondering if anyone would know if vetting for the met would be quicker this time around? I am hoping it will be, as I would guess there must be some form of record that security checks have been completed on which ever systems/databases they use, albeit by another force. I realise references will have to be done again but hoping that the other part will be quicker. Hopefully somebody knows the answer .
-
- 2 replies
- 358 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, I am hoping someone can help me with the predicament i am in as i am sure many have been in the same position. Basically, i applied jan this year for Herts but was unsucessful as i managed to score mainly C's on all competency q's (be told this could be suspect?). I knew it could take me a fair few goes to get in but i obviously really wanted to get the ball rolling to doing what i really want to do. This is the reality of getting in the police full stop, it is not easy by a long shot. My predicament is, at this current economic downfall/recession it seems even harder as a young man of 23 to be even considered past the application. Due to lack of life experienc…
-
Hi all, At the moment i am waiting for a date for my medical & fitness, my concern is that i am & have been a self employed builder for the past 20 years , i wonder if i might stumble with regards to employers references, any feedback would be appreciated.
-
I got mine coming up in a few weeks! I am fairly confident about the multiple choice verbal and maths test, but am very concerned about my hand writing, it is atrocious. Im a good writer i.e. grammar and getting my point across but I have difficulties writing for long periods of time and it can get very messy! Im strangely excited about the roleplays they mention and from some of the stuff Ive been told by others and mentioned on this site its going to be fun! Couple of questions day 1 should i wear suit tie etc or smart casual? How long does it take to find out if I passed or failed it and when do I get called for day 2 which I gather is the fitness and medical as…
-
- 1 reply
- 941 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi guys, Just looking for advice on my application. I have experience of digital tachographs units, driver cards, company cards, downloading & uploading, working hours, rest periods etc. Should I just make a quick reference of this or go into more detail? I'm also a manual handling instructor, amongst other instructor roles. Again, a quick mention or should I elaborate? The application isn't even finished yet but can you tell I'm starting to worry? :smiley_vomit: G.
-
Hi Guys, any advice here would be really appreciated. I am in the process of filling out my police application form. I have been worrying myself for a few weeks about the cautions and Convictions section. Do you know if any of the following would stop me joiing the police? 1, I had a Juvenile caution when i was 13 for hiting a lad at school, 2, A speeding fine two years ago which resulted in 3 points and a £60 fine. 3, i got a ticking off twice in 2008 for not wearing a seatbelt ( Stupid i KNow) - No points were given just two fines. 4, I was given a fine for being stupid when i was drunk, this this was a drunk and disorderly fine a couple of years ago. 5, My …
-
Hi all, A few of us from the June intake for LBP are getting together for a drink on Thursday 7th May at 7pm, at Lloyds Wetherspoons Bar (Omni Centre) in Edinburgh. If anyone else is starting at the same time then please feel free to come along. We thought it would be a good idea to meet for a drink, get to know each other a bit, and pat oursevles proudly on the back for getting in the Police . Just turn up if you want to come and feel free to let us know by responding to this post. To help you spot us, I have short hair and will wear a plain gray hoody. Hopefully see you then. Chris
-
Hi There, Just wondered if there was anyone else waiting for a start date for West Yorks?? Got my confirmation of appointment last week and wondered how long it might be, I'm itching to get started after 5 applications and 8 years of trying to get in!! I was told there may be start dates in June and August but it was dependent on budget. Anyone know anything?? Cheers, Bon
-
I know you are not issued with boots, but could anyone list the items you are given once in Hendon? Many thanks, J
-
Hi there just finished the assessment day and got through the fitness and ctt part - now waiting for the vetting and home visit - if anyone can give me a heads up on what to expect - hints tips and ideas of what to read up on it would be greatly appreciated Thanks :smiley_notworthy:
-
- 6 replies
- 951 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, i Passed my day 2 for the metropolitan police on the 23rd april, i was just wondering how long it usually is before you hear back from them about a start date or how long my vetting will take to come back im just getting really nervous now i feel like a little boy waiting for xmas lol
-
Hello, I keep seeing people refering to day 1 and day 2, but don't know what this means! Help! For the record, I've passed paper sift and formal interview. Got fitness test 8th June and then assessment centre late in June; date tbc. I'm doing a practice fitness test in a couple of weeks. Good luck everybody!
-
Hi all, My first post on here so hopefully someone can help me. I had a letter telling me i've got my pre medical next month. Now i have since been told i have to do a peak flow test. My question is what is the rough reading that you need to achieve, to pass?? I'm 6 foot 5 (196cm) and weight 11 stone 7ish (73kg ish), and i'm almost 25. I have had asthma since childhood but don't really get it anymore (unless a very large amount of running involved!) I've never had an attack and vary rarely take my inhaler (can't remember last time i used it). I have a peak flow tester at home and i am usually getting a reading between 400 and 430 ish. I have had a medical for scu…
-
if you applied to an english force in the first instance... and then apply to a scottish force?! i mean do you still have to wait 6 months between applications? or not?
-
Hi guys! Whats the best study guides/past papers around?? Been having a look online and there seems to be loadsss!! xxxxxx