Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Hi everyone Just found this site Got my final interview for fife on the 24th april can anyone give me any tips or advice on the interview and any possible questions i may get asked cheers Graeme
-
Has/is anyone out-there in the process of preparing for an initial interview or other stages with Fife constabulary? Thus far I have passed my SET and now have my initial interview coming up...the main question I have is how does the initial interview differ from the final interview? (Other than the fact that there will only be 1 recruitment officer and an admin official present as compared to 3 senior officers in the final interview). I presume they will ask about my life/work experience, Fife policing plan/initiatives etc? If anyone has any info that may help please post a response. Cheers
-
As above i have my day 2 next week, anyone else on the same day? Rob.
-
Hey, was just wondering if anyone here was at the physical on the 23rd of April, and if youv'e had a response yet Radiator
-
- 5 replies
- 196 views
- 1 follower
-
-
About to start at Devon & Cornwall...what does PT generally consist of and how often do we get it? Input about any force would be good, just for comparison.
-
Hello, This is my first post so touch wood its in the right place!! I had my day 1 on the 31/03/09 and was told my results would take circa 2 weeks. It is now the 04/05/09 and still nothing - just wondering if anyone else was in the same boat? I dropped them a call and was told that there had been a delay on all the results. Cheers Tom
-
I had my AC for Cambs on 1st April, and on 17th April I got my letter telling me I was successful and that Recruitment would be in touch re a start date subject to Medical, Fitness, Refs and Vetting. I've since heard nothing more. I was just wondering how long everyone else had to wait from their AC success letter to finding out when their Fitness etc was? Am I being a bit eager or do you think it would be worth ringing recruitment? Cheers.
-
Hi all, I am due to start my training in 3 weeks and just wondering about the Hep B Injection. I received a leaflet on my day 2 which advised to get it done. I am thinking about going to the GP for this but just curious about a few things. 1) Is it best to get the 1st dose now (i believe there are 3 injections over a few months) If i get the 1st dose now then I am not going to get the time to get the next few doses over the next few months because i will be stuck in training without a day off to get the next dose. 2) Are there any general side effect or does it make you ill for a while? I wouldn't want to have it done and not be able to attend training if it makes …
-
- 2 replies
- 621 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I have just filled in the online application pack for the PSNI, I mainly wanted to know more about the 50/50 rule surrounding joining the police over here, I wanted to know if applicants are selected via this method before or after training.
-
I gather that when you are at Hendon training for the Met, there is Police housing available, which is around £400 a month? My old boss has just begun training for Avon and Somerset Police. He gets to stay at the Portishead training center for free during his time here. And pays soething like £3 a day for 2 meals. How do other forces compare?
-
- 22 replies
- 4.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I am looking at applying for the Met and am currently in the Specials for Kent. I am in a well paid job and at the start of training (if I was to get that far) would have to take a pay cut. I am very concerned about exams you may have during the training period and what the pass mark / failure rate is for this. If I was a sinle guy living at home this would not be a problem but I have a family to support and hefty mortgage to pay. It is going to be a massive decision for me to decide if I should apply or just keep up with my position as a special. Just wanted some more knowledge of the training once it starts and what happens if you fail at any stage?
-
While serving in the police is it possibe to take a gap year at all like a career break?
-
Like others i just thought i'd see if there are others HOPEING for the big envelope to hit the hallway floor. How is the wait going for you? Mine has been O.K untill now, been plenty busy but now the wait is killing me and the nightmares every other night. Well maybe not nightmares but the mixed feelings on how i did, some days i think i did well, others i destroy the whole day in my head and think what more i could have wrote or said. Hope for the best Rob.
-
hi i got my day 2 on the 6th may at 9:30 am! anyone else going to be there?
-
Hello everyone, new here but been searching the forum for a while!im 23 and have a degree in criminology. I really want to get into the police asap!i know the met arnt recruiting atm but city of london police are. my question is...what is the quickest way into the police?would it be to join as a PCSO then go for the met or city police? if so how long would that be possible in? also, how long would it take to get into the city of london plice training? still cant find the met recruiting event days! help!thanks guys Reagrds, jo