Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. jibberjabber74
    Started by jibberjabber74,

    Just a quick one!! I keep reading that some forces dont have a final interview just the one you have at the a/c, can anyone tell which forces please, and what is the % to pass. Thanks in advance

    • 6 replies
    • 559 views
  2. guitarman
    Started by guitarman,

    Hi all, just wondering how long it's taken for those of you who've applied to LBP... from initial application until acceptance... I don't want to apply too soon as I need to train (I've heard they can ask yu up for training within a fortnight!) but also don't want to apply too late... I heard from somebody that Tulliallan is at more than full capacity - my uncle who transferred from the MET said that so many people are applying that it can often be pot luck whether or not you get in. Also... does anybody know how many are taken on each year, and how many times a year they actually take in new recruits? I'm thinking of going to police HQ at Fettes to ask these questions…

    • 4 replies
    • 209 views
  3. Micklemuss
    Started by Micklemuss,

    At long last the phone call I have been been waiting on for the past 18 months, July Start date!! HAPPY DAYS!!

  4. peterparker
    Started by peterparker,

    Can anyone advise me as to when I may get a first payment? I am starting with the Met on 26th May 2009 and have found out from other officers that the pay date with the Met is the 20th of the month. I have just received my last payslip from my current job and will get paid on the 15th May, considerably less than usual as I am not working a full month. I am wondering if I will have to budget from the 15th of May to the 20th June for payment. Any help appreciated???

    • 16 replies
    • 3.1k views
  5. ste8
    Started by ste8,

    HI guys, congrats to everyone who passed, thought we could share some info on here, im brickin it for the interview just keep reading the letter and dont know what to expect, can anyone give any advice

    lynn1546620453
  6. pound
    Started by pound,

    Ok,i realise i am being a bit slow,but the medical forms are confusing me. Ive rang recruitment,but im still not sure...... Ive got 3 forms, A white A4 sheet (medical practitioners details) A white form with 4 sides (medical history) A blue booklet (police recruit employment health questionnaire) Which do we fill in ourselves?? Do i go to my doctor for a check up,and get him to fill it out with me, or do i just drop it off having filled most in myself?? The white large form so simple,but the blue one needs so much information Help x

    • 4 replies
    • 131 views
    Philippa1546620365
  7. peterparker
    Started by peterparker,

    Are the photo's we take in on our start date used for our warrant card?

    • 2 replies
    • 1k views
  8. kingburn_99
    Started by kingburn_99,

    Hi, i am new to this forum and have found it a lot of help. I have enjoyed reading everybody's experiences of the assessment centre and the weeks leading up to it. I have my A/C for Lancashire Constabulary on the 20th May. Now, i have been to the library, read a lot of books and done a few practise written exercises. I am feeling confident about the whole process. However when i come to revise, core competancies for example, i seem to spend 10 minutes reading it, then i think i know it and move on. Obviously your not expected to be able to recite all the bullet points of the core competancies by heart but i feel i know them well enough to use them in a role play, intervi…

    Jaydee1546620346
  9. Chris321
    Started by Chris321,

    Hey! I've been looking everywhere on this site for this topic but couldn't find it. So i decided to start a new one. Does anyone know if i have to cut my hair for day one assessment? myhair at the moment is kind of long. I do alot of surfing so that is my style. its probably around the same length as Jesse McCartney. Please help me =]] Cheers, Chris

  10. FiFi09
    Started by FiFi09,

    They say to turn up casual for the medical, but how casual? Jeans? Also do you turn up smart for the fitness then change? Or turn up in your nike joggers?

    • 7 replies
    • 1.8k views
  11. FiFi09
    Started by FiFi09,

    In the above Youtube clip, it shows the west mids police fitness test. It shows the push pull been done standing up (allowing more force to be used) Im sure I read that its a seated exercise with both feet flat on the floor?? Can anyone clarify? Thanks..

    • 10 replies
    • 280 views
  12. jonnyrotten
    Started by jonnyrotten,

    Hi All, I am currently 37 and have had two careers, teacher and prison officer. I'm thinking of a career change (again!) and wonder if my age would be against me? Cheers.

    mickyb1546620036
  13. Nine
    Started by Nine,

    Just wishful thinking but if I do get my day one, it;s very possible that I'm going to book myself into one of these. So question is: Which one did you go on, and how was it? Also, Are there any other ones you would reccomend. I've applied for the Metropolitan Police.

  14. Jimmy Pea
    Started by Jimmy Pea,

    Hey, just wondering how many people are in the same boat. I had my Day 2 on 1st April, phoned recruitment 2weeks ago and again today, same reply. Still waiting on references. The guy I spoke to said the next step is to be given a start date. Anyone in the same situation??

    • 17 replies
    • 713 views
  15. westham008
    Started by westham008 * ,

    Im staring on may 26th gmp.. any one wnow what boots to get and where from? many thanks

    • 6 replies
    • 706 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.