Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. caz82
    Started by caz82,

    I've read loads about the push/pull, bleep test and mile and a half run which is fine. But what is this VO2 max Step test which is shown on the Strathclyde website? There is no mention of the push/pull there only this step test. Tried googling it and got an explantion of what it entails, but not seen anything about it on thsi fourm...?

    • 6 replies
    • 1k views
    mattwoodfield
  2. chelseablue
    Started by chelseablue,

    Got me medical coming up soon.Prob is im on a bit of a beano for 4 days prior to it,id like to think im a sensible drinker anyway and i was thinking should i go dry for the last 2 days on my trip and just have a few on the first 2 days?my mates are well happy about it...not :-)

    • 6 replies
    • 286 views
  3. matrixdrone737
    Started by matrixdrone737,

    Anyone else have their West Midlands Fitness on the 08/06/09 at tally ho 8.30am ?

    • 1 reply
    • 152 views
    jacky_032001
  4. OSD_Control
    Started by OSD_Control,

    HeLLOooOOooOo Just wandering who else has day 2 on the 20th. Mine is 9:30. Im travelling from up north so staying over the night before in Golders Green Anyone else near or doing the same and facy meeting up - let me know! Leroy

  5. Ash_09
    Started by Ash_09,

    Hi, i was wondering, if u have applied to police force in the past in scotland and passed, do u have to go through the tests again? if not how long are they valid for?

    • 6 replies
    • 370 views
  6. Ray m
    Started by Ray m * ,

    HI All I was banned from driving for 28 days back in feb 2007 for totting up, I basically got 3 points once a year for 3 years and then I got another 3 points only 10 days before 3 were due to come off (I realise what a numpty I am !) meaning i reached 12 points for 10 days. All of the existing offenses are now off and I only have the ban on my lisence. firstly can anyone tell me if this Will this affect any application, or should I wait for 3 or 4 years before applying. I have absolutely no excuse and was just generally careless, the last 3 convictions were for 34, 35 and 36 miles an hour in a 30 zone, at 34 years old I really want a change of career but am concerned th…

    • 4 replies
    • 423 views
    jibberjabber74
  7. dom88
    Started by dom88,

    Had my medical/fitness last Tuesday (12th May) passed both and was told 6-8 weeks for vetting THEN my references would be submitted to my current and previous employers which could take a further 6 weeks. In work today (18th May), just on my way to the office floor and HR pulled me aside just to let me know they had recieved my reference request for the MET and it would be faxed back tomorrow! I'll be ringing my previous employers to get on their case about sending it back ASAP. Is the end in sight or am I getting ahead of myself?! Cheers Guys and Gals Dom

    • 14 replies
    • 773 views
  8. davmar1
    Started by davmar1,

    Hi folks I passed my SET and initial fitness test last night, now its onto the hard part the initial interview, if anyone can give any help or advice on this it would be most appreciated, I know of some of the I must learn about Starthclyde Police but am unsure of any questions or scenarios they may throw at me. I have four weeks so thought I better start my research immediately. Any help at all would be fantastic. Thanks David

    • 0 replies
    • 296 views
  9. davmar1
    Started by davmar1,

    Hi folks I passed my SET and initial fitness test last night, now its onto the hard part the initial interview, if anyone can give any help or advice on this it would be most appreciated, I know of some of the I must learn about Starthclyde Police but am unsure of any questions or scenarios they may throw at me. I have four weeks so thought I better start my research immediately. Any help at all would be fantastic. Thanks David

    • 0 replies
    • 131 views
  10. FlawedGenius
    Started by FlawedGenius * ,

    Hi everyone, Im new to the forum. Ive just applied for the PSNI. I was wondering if some old convictions would come back to haunt me. Ive read through some of the threads about this but everyones case is specific to themselves. I got taken to court a few times for disorderly behaviour ie: playing football in the street with a plastic bottle at 2am after kicking out time and generaly making a nusense of myself. Got fined and bound over to keep the peace and I seem to remember having a conditional discharge against me. All this happened 10 years ago (Im now 30 and run my own business and have left my then 'friends' behind) I have a couple of minor driving offences since but…

    • 3 replies
    • 379 views
    Well Advised
  11. Trouble01
    Started by Trouble01,

    Well, I have now completed my day one, and I am not going to lie, it is not easy. I have been sworn to secrecy by Hendon, but for anyone taking it in the near future, I will give a few tips. READ, READ, READ the code of conduct and the equal ops policy. I am so glad I did. Please don't ask what happened in the role plays, I had already forgotten them about 20 minutes later. Also be careful to listen to the intervew questions properly, they may not be worded the way you expect, prepare your answers in different ways, so you can anwer them regardless of the questions they may ask you. ROLE PLAYS All I will say is you will be surprised how quickly five minutes go, u…

    • 6 replies
    • 335 views
  12. tim87
    Started by tim87,

    transfered my application to bedfordshire police and theyve told me they will accept my transfer and assesment centre results if i pass their interview and written test. does any one know what this will involve? im guessing it will be competency based?

    • 0 replies
    • 181 views
  13. mr luvpants
    Started by mr luvpants,

    Hi all I am a Firefighter at present with 14 years service. I am 41. I am bored in my job and need a new challenge.I have been offered a start date with the MET for sept 2009. Life is all about experiences. Ever since my Brother in law collapsed and died, my wife and I think that if we want something we go and get it as life is too short.This has led to us evaluating our life and what we want to do with them. We want to go to oz. That is our dream. We are looking at the beginning of 2011. AND I want to join the police. I am having difficulty making a decision about the next 2 years and thought that I would post to see what people write and whether I am missing anyth…

  14. David1
    Started by David1 * ,

    Hi Ok, providing I can do enough star jumps to get myself fit for the bleep, does anyone have any idea what to expect from the force interview? Cheers

    • 0 replies
    • 114 views
  15. David1
    Started by David1 * ,

    Hi I called recruitment today to see if they had the results of my assessment centre and they told me that they did have the results, but, I would have to wait to get them them in the post? Does this mean that I've failed????

    • 5 replies
    • 261 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.