Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Hi all, I broke my big toe about 6 years ago, but never got it seen to at the time and let it heal by itself . Now last week playing football i majorly hurt it, enough for me to give in and go to A&E! Turns out i didnt re-brake it, just 'aggravated the old brake'... Still bruised now, but i have medical with GMP on 3rd June, would this old brake cause concern with the medical people and be problematic to my application? i can walk fine on it, and i've got another football match tomorrow which i could play in and am thinking of doing, but the toe does look a bit miss-shaped! any advice much appreciated! thanks
-
Hi Im currently applying for city of London police, but am due to start a police - care in the community college course in July. This course is now necessary in order to apply to Surrey Police which I originally was going to apply for once completed at the end of the year. So in regards to if my city of London application is successful and am in the recruitment test stage, would be possible in theory to transfer the application over to Surrey? I would like to join either force, but I maybe locating further into surrey next year, so I am only asking this for those reasons just in case, rather than trying to speed up my application etc. Thanks in advance!
-
can someone break it down please? how long does it usually take? who checks it? what checks are made? thanks
-
Hi everyone, Do you know if going abroad for a few months during the recruitment process can cause problems down the line later on with vetting? I plan to go to another EU country to work there for a few months during recruitment. I just want to experience life/work in another country because I know that I'm highly unlikely to be able to do it again if/when I get tied down with a job as a PC. I applied to Thames Valley back in March and it's really early days as I haven't even heard back if I've passed the paper sift yet. However, if all goes well, I plan to just get a day off work wherever I go and come back to the UK for the assessment centre/fitness test, then go …
-
-
I scored 55% at the AC, but the force i applied for (West Mercia) require 60%. Has anyone successfully transferred to a force that takes a lower mark, or been knocked back even though they do? Do you still have to go through the initial paper application sift again? I have spoken to a couple of forces (Cheshire and West Midlands) that say they will accept my results when they are recruiting again, but i am unsure of the process. Would be better off trying for West Mercia again in a few months? Any info gratefully accepted :)
-
Just thought i'd see if anyone else is going on the above date. Only found out two days ago and now i'm revising like the clappers.
-
- 0 replies
- 94 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Greetings all, im new to this forum. has anybody got any information for the app. form for the MDP? i live in london does anyone think this poses a problem? absolutely any info regarding the app stage would be great.
-
Hi all, i've got my day 1 in about 3 weeks and i'm having a moment of panic. I've been praticing some of the numerical tests in the 'How to pass The New Police Selection System' book and i can just about manage 14-15 questions within the time limit of 12minutes. Maths has never been a strong point of mine and now i'm bricking it. I was just wondering what the minimum pass rate is for the Maths test - i'm obviously going to keep revising and strive to improve but if i have a rough idea , it may help ease the pressure a little. thanks in advance Mark P.s Sorry if theres a post on this already, i tried to look but didn;t see one .
-
- 0 replies
- 160 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi. Only just found this forum and having read a few posts I'm glad I did. I am currently applying for Bedfordshire police. I have passed application form, assessment day and have now been asked to send in the Security Questionnaire, Eye Sight results and Medial Questionnaire. My question that i was wondering if anyone had an answer to is this; I have a lung condition called bronchiectasis (not expecting many people to have heard of it). It basically means I am more prone to chect infections and have to have a 6 month check up at hospital. I only take antibiotics as and when required (i.e. no long term permanent treatment) and I am physically fit. My doctor has ticked …
-
hi just wondering if anyone from the april intake took pictures from our oath of office? would love to see any!! Jo x
-
Hey I'm currently 16, and taking my AS levels. I've always wanted to be in the police, and still aspire to. I love animals, and working as a dog handler would be a dream to me. I've come across a BTEC National Diploma in Animal Management, and my question is.. Would doing this two year course give me a good advantage on the route to dog handling? (After completing my A-levels) I'm well aware that dog handling is one of the most popular specialisations, so looking more realistically - What education route would really help in a career in the Police? Thanks, Paddy
-
has any one else applied for a force that had a pass rate of 60%, got a lower mark (mine was 55%) and tried to transfer that application to another local force? Ive been trying today and having phoned around ten of the midlands/northern forces they have all seemed to have raised their pass mark to 60% why dont they just change it?
-
I've heard 5 hours? Is this true? It doesn't mention a time in the letter. Also, whats the eye and hearing test like? Thanks!
-
Hello i am about to start the vetting and medical process and i have a few questions, i have mentioned them before in bits but would like some more advice if possible. 1. i was arrested in 2006 for an alleged offence, to which no further action was taken, i declared this on my form and they emailed for the exact circumstances and i gave it to them, do you think this is still going to something to stop me getting through? 2. many many more years ago, the police were called to my house because me and my dad had a big arguement, (my little sister rang wihtout us knowing as she was scared) the police came picked me up and dropped me off to my mates house, would this be rec…