Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Fairfax
    Started by Fairfax,

    Noticed alot of topics regarding people failing due to absence records. I know MerPol is very strict, with 3 occasions in 3 years. Just looking over my documents for GMP and they ask over 2 years (blue medical forms) I am sure I remember reading somewhere that GMP are quite relaxed about absences, compared to some forces, so just wondered what the actual "cut off" as such is with GMP? Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 301 views
  2. bongomanjay
    Started by bongomanjay,

    Hello All Applied to Devon and Cornwall in the October 08 intake. Passesd the paper sift and was told that I would be invited to the assesment centre once all the background checks had been done-but this would take some months. I had to phone them last week to update a reference on my application, and they told me that they would be giving out dates for the assesment centre in the Autum! Anybody else in the same boat!! bongomanjay2009-05-12 21:51:57

  3. laurenp85
    Started by laurenp85,

    hey, does anyone know when vetting actually starts? is it after day1 when u submit your papers or do they wait until u pass day 2?

    • 2 replies
    • 583 views
    brunette1977
  4. pound
    Started by pound,

    Just wondering if anyone could tell me if pulling and pushing weights on the machines in a gym,is the same as using the dyno machine?? Ive been told the dyno machine is easier....... If so.how much weight should i be looking at pushing/pulling at the gym to be confident of passing?! x

  5. Kurlanator
    Started by Kurlanator * ,

    Hi, I am looking for some help/advice. I have had my Home Visit for Lothian and Borders and I have my Final Interview next week. I have been told to find out what LBP are doing about Diversity. I am trawling through the Diversity and Equality Action Plan and I wanted to check to see if anyone had come across or if there was some other article/report that summed up how the Force are dealing with Diversity. Also, I have been asked to look up on National Issues that are affecting LBP on the Home Office Website. After spending numerous hours trawling through the website I am having no luck in finding any information. Does anyone know of any National issues or operation…

    • 2 replies
    • 218 views
  6. Mesr
    Started by Mesr,

    Hi All, I passed my SET last Tuesday and received a letter inviting me for interview on 21st May. I'm a mature candidate and it has been a long long time since I had any sort of interview. Can anyone give me info on the sort of questions that are asked. I've already prepared for the big one which I imagine will be 'why has it taken you so long to apply'.

    • 4 replies
    • 185 views
  7. Ryobi
    Started by Ryobi,

    Hi all Some advice please. A/C is a few weeks off. I was wondering as time-keeping is very important in the role-plays, how do you keep track of the time? You only have 5 mins. Are there visable clocks in the rooms? Do you hold you watch in your hand so you can monitor? Help please Cheers

    • 7 replies
    • 295 views
  8. Morris1546620488
    Started by Morris1546620488,

    Just wondering from anyone who has had their A/C at hendon, is it easy to find where you have to go when you get there? I really dont want to be walking around like an idiot looking for the way in and end up being late or something. Its just i walked past it the other day and its pretty massive, and i wasnt exactly sure which bit to go in... Any help would be much appreciated.

    • 5 replies
    • 248 views
  9. dean-583
    Started by dean-583,

    hi i wear glasses and am basicly blind in one eye... i can see but its really blury and cant make out letters even if they were the biggest letters on the eye test.. but my right eye is still perfectly health but i wear glasses to surport it because its put under strain because my left one doesnt work... would i still be able to join the met or would this affect my chances???

  10. eleven-g
    Started by eleven-g,

    Just after any views from anybody who has been through vetting. I know what the Home Office circular etc says, but would like to know any first hand experiences: I have gone through all the stages AC etc, but my credit report has 3 defaults on it fom about 3 years ago (about £3K total). I have always disputed the amounts, but I am having no joy in getting a human being to look into the matter at the company concerned, so there are 3 black (actually they are red) markers on my report. All my other finances are up to date and have been for 3 yrs, no big loans and no CCJs and never been in any trouble. I can (if I break into emergency savings) pay them off - but I'm no…

    • 8 replies
    • 440 views
  11. RTT
    Started by RTT,

    Hi all, just a quick question does anybody know anything about the drug and alcohol test. I've found myself something new to agonise over, I have never taken drugs in my life. I do however enjoy a couple of glasses of wine of an evening and a few socials at the weekend. Is this too much or are they looking to weed out those who start on 3 litres of frosty jack cider at 8 o clock in the morning. I know they take samples from you hair and can go back 90 days or so with regard to alcohol so now I'm worrying over my nightly snifter and a couple of heavy bank holidays I've got under my belt. Any thoughts would be appreciated Rich

    • 4 replies
    • 410 views
    Tony Hayes1546620444
  12. dsa89
    Started by dsa89,

    I am just wondering what are the stages that we have to attend throughout the application? A/C and the fotness tests are the only ones i know of, are there any other days whenwe must come in for one thing or another before we start training?

    • 2 replies
    • 179 views
  13. steve001
    Started by steve001,

    Hi folks.... I passed my medical on monday and was then told that the Final Finess has been reinstated! A bit of panic setting in as I've let my fitness go down hill in the last while. In my initial fitness I did the bleep test, does anyone know the details of the 1.5mile run at jackton i.e where it starts/stops and number of circuits cheers steve

    • 1 reply
    • 251 views
  14. matrixdrone737
    Started by matrixdrone737,

    Hi I have just passed my medical with west midlands. Does anybody know the next dates for the physical and the next start dates? Thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 282 views
    jacky_032001
  15. caz82

    I think this is probably a Scottish run course with similar down south, but has anyone that has did this course found it useful? I applied to do this part time (2 nights a week 7pm til 9:30pm for 10 weeks) at a cost of £270 at my local college but there wasn't enough interest for the January start date. The September one is going ahead though and not sure if it's worth holding off applying until I've competed this?

    • 2 replies
    • 669 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.