Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. paulo68
    Started by paulo68 * ,

    Hi I attended Ryeton AC on 29th April for BTP.Has anyone had their results yet?

    • 6 replies
    • 392 views
  2. lcol98
    Started by lcol98,

    Anyone have this start date, if so when did you find out? thanks

    brunette1977
  3. guitarman
    Started by guitarman,

    Just looking at the application form for Lothian and Borders Police. If you've read my posts you'll know I've had three small run-ins.. 1) Name taken a few years back as there was a break-in in a nearby area. Nothing happened.. 2) Name and details taken coming back from Ocean Terminal in Leith (not a nice area so you can guess why ) 3) Drove up a one-way street the wrong way by accident about a year ago - got taken into the police car and let off with a warning (not sure if it was official... certainly never got a letter....??), details taken. Looking at section 8, the most relevant question is the second one, asking if I've received an official police warning. I d…

    • 4 replies
    • 255 views
  4. mickb1969
    Started by mickb1969,

    Just over 4 years ago I bought a car from a garage in Farnborough. They M.O.T'd it and had to replace the front brakes so it was a few days before I could collect the car. I used my old car as part ex and when I collected the new car (2nd hand), everything seemed ok and I had taken out insurance on the day I actually bought it. On my way home, I was pulled over by the police and one of the officers took the tax disc out of the window whilst the other asked me a few questions about the car, "Had I recently bought it? Was it insured?" Etc. After a few more questions the other officer returned and informed me that the tax disc was from the car I had given to the garage a…

  5. HITCH
    Started by HITCH * ,

    I am going to be staying at finchley section house , is there any advice on what to take with me other than clothes, is there internet , ethenet or wireless . Things like plates etc and cooking equipment. Is there also any advice on how long the journey is to Hendon from there ? What to expect more than anything. Cant wait to start , any one else on 26th ? Regards Stephen

  6. y2k
    Started by y2k,

    Holla I was given a provisional start date (over the phone) for 7th Sept. i have a 6month old baby (will be 10 months old in Sept) and i need to have an idea of the training schedule so i can arrange appropriate childcare..... is it 37 weeks of Monday to Frida 9 to 5 then the 3 weeks annual???? can anyone shed any light please.... i am currently at home with my little girl, the plan is for my husband to work part time so he looks after her and so she only goes to a childminder for a few days a week and not all week..... Also, can i ask, when the shift w3ork begins, how far in advance do you get a rota?? is it a fixed rota? will they be flexible with the start and f…

    • 0 replies
    • 353 views
  7. Andrewgoat
    Started by Andrewgoat,

    Hi people, has anyone who was on the 19th January fitness test at Sulhamstead received their formal offer yet? Is it just me or did they say we'd get them within 7 - 10 days? Anyone know how long it usually takes? Thanks x

    • 3 replies
    • 717 views
  8. G.I
    Started by G.I,

    Just to say to everybody who helped and gave advice thank you for all your support. Went for a private eyesight test today turns out im colour blind. Apparently its pretty bad dichromatic whatever that means. optician told me that its a 99% chance they will reject me so I won't be holding my breath. I came so close but suprisingly im not bitter or angry, just confused as to what to do at 24 years old! im still going to go to my interview, and see how far i get but i really wont be holding my breath. As i said im not angry just a little shocked and upset. But il get over it lol I hope everybody who does DESERVE to be a copper gets what they want. again thanks. Will keep …

  9. icmember
    Started by icmember,

    Hope I'm not getting too hard ahead of myself but does anyone know how the metropolitan police administer their eyesight test? Do they send you to your optician with a form or do they get you to do a eye test on the day? Finally, what sort of test do they use, just a traditional snellen chart or what? I would be a bit borderline on the 6/36 requirement for unaided vision... Might have to consider laser eye surgery. Any info would be great.

  10. duff_beer
    Started by duff_beer,

    i have just completed my eyetest at my optician and he filled out my form i just wanted to know if the Police do their own eye test during the medical as well? or do they just look at the optician's sheet?

    • 11 replies
    • 627 views
  11. AJD
    Started by AJD,

    hi all does anyone have the in take date for 3rd august 2009?

    • 0 replies
    • 339 views
  12. kingburn_99
    Started by kingburn_99,

    Should i be revising or watching 'deal or no deal' repeat. answers on a postcard please! K (p.s anyone else playing tomorrow?)

    • 7 replies
    • 174 views
  13. Simon09
    Started by Simon09,

    Hi Guys, Just a quickie for you - how hard did you feel the running test is? Reason I ask is that I HAD been running 3 times a week 2.25 miles 30 mins. However, I had an accident at home. A bottle fell off the top of fridge/freezer and a 2 inch long shard of glass went into my calf. The hospital pulled it out and the doc said it looked like I'd been stabbed. The long and short of it is that I took a month off the running as the scar looked like it might pull apart under the strain (the scar isn't very long despite the length of the glass that went in.) I have a practise on tuesday, then the real test on 8th June. I went for an abridged run tonight, j…

    • 2 replies
    • 560 views
  14. mattyb
    Started by mattyb,

    Are there any other TVP specials that have their assessment at Kidlington on 6th June?? Also has annybody sat the new PIR test? e.g. numerical reasoning,verbal logical reasoning,dictation and group assessments? Thankyou

    • 0 replies
    • 263 views
  15. Scottie
    Started by Scottie,

    Hey guys - please see my post below, think I posted it in the wrong area before so maybe not been seen by many people. Cheers

    • 5 replies
    • 402 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.