Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. kevin85
    Started by kevin85,

    i passed my day 2 on the 14th of april.....i have not yet heard back from my vetting which is unusual because everyone who passed it after me have heard back...i rang them and they said my vetting is still taking place....i dont know why it is taking so long...has any1 else experienced a wait in vetting!! thanks

  2. Lax1546620459
    Started by Lax1546620459,

    just wondered what its like their ?? Thankyou

    • 3 replies
    • 920 views
    Lax1546620459
  3. caz82
    Started by caz82,

    Last night whilst driving home from my 2nd job I was pulled over for driving over the speed limit. I was 2 minutes from my street and just dying to get home. I have never been pulled over for anything before. I am a very very lucky girl as I wasn't given a ticket. It has taught me a lesson if nothing else.

    • 0 replies
    • 257 views
  4. kirkstine
    Started by kirkstine,

    I am over the moon, I passed my day 1 All the nights of worrying are now over, thankyou to everyone so far who has helped me. Day 2 next week Cheers, Phil

    • 21 replies
    • 412 views
    Janza1546621399
  5. StuNo1
    Started by StuNo1,

    Hi evryone. I recieved my day one date which is great. I also recieved some more forms, which is not a problem at all but.....It does not say on any of my letters whether to take the forms in when i go to my day one or whether to send them back by post. They are forms like; Security questionnaire, Initial vetting decleration, Candidates family details etc. Anyone know? Cheers

    • 8 replies
    • 206 views
  6. blondie85
    Started by blondie85,

    Hey, does anyone have the contact number for the vetting company doing vetting for MET PCSO's? Recruitment r no help at all.

    • 0 replies
    • 191 views
  7. caz82
    Started by caz82,

    Where on the application do you provide this info? Just on the continuation sheets? I have 2 tattoos, one on my stomach and one just above my ankle which shows my first name. Does anyone think this will be a problem? It will be covered at all times during duty so I can't that it would be. Is it worth providing photographs of this tattoo with my application? Â

    • 6 replies
    • 384 views
  8. Smudger11546620431
    Started by Smudger11546620431,

    I will be starting my first day with Tutor Constable next Monday. Can anyone give me some support or advice? Training has flown by and first day nerves starting to kick in!!!!

    • 10 replies
    • 1.4k views
  9. mina_galtta
    Started by mina_galtta,

    Well, It's taken 16 months, but I got the call today telling me I have cleared vetting and to start as a PCSO on May 11th. Still waiting for paperwork, but wondering if there are any others out there in the same boat. For anyone else still waiting to hear wether it's PC or PCSO, I wish you the very best and hope to have similar news regarding my PC application in the not too distant future. Regards MGM_Galtta2009-04-08 21:51:10

  10. andrew89
    Started by andrew89,

    Was looking for stuff about the medical test... curious to what FMA is and why I will need to strip off...?

  11. monkey104
    Started by monkey104,

    Well 2 and half years after passing the AC i am starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel. In June/July I have an occupational health appointment, fitness assesment, drug test and pre induction date prior to start in September. Patience really is a virtue Whoo hooo

    • 5 replies
    • 771 views
  12. HenryHo
    Started by HenryHo,

    Good afternoon everyone! :smiley_help: I have recently passed my SET and fitness test at Jackton and have my initial interview coming up... To put it politely I am bricking it.... :sweatingbullets: (that would also be an understatement lol) I have trawled through posts and materials and visited my local police station for study material, but here is the question, what do i actually need to study? I am slowly learning the divisions, rank order, Exec staff etc...but what else?I tried to ask about local initiatives in my area but they just seem the same for across the board of Strathclyde? The 5 Key areas etc? I also tried to to obtain a copy of "Upbeat" to which i was …

  13. Mo19
    Started by Mo19,

    Hello people, right, so I applied to GMP last year, Oct 2008 to be precise, unfortunately got rejected at the CBQ stage. My 6 months are up, and a little birdy has told me the recruitment lines are going to open for my chosen force later on this month. Due to the fact that I've been rejected before, I have been working my little backside off to be prepared for the app. process. Now, here's where you lovely little tiddly-peeps come in, my competency based questionnaire was the thing that failed me last time, so just to make sure I don't screw it up this time, I'm going to post it here, and hopefully receive some feedback. No offence to any body, but any advice would be a…

  14. Campini82
    Started by Campini82,

    Hi all, I was told at the end of my Met Day 1 that, if successful, Day 2's would be w/c 11/05/09 I already knew i'd be away on holiday so couldn't attend and my Day 1 letter advised to call recruitment to rearrange however they have been pretty vague, if honest, as to when i'll get to do my Day 2. Has anyone been in the same boat and, if so, how long did you have to wait till your Day 2 was rescheduled? It's really frustrating to think I could've done it by now! Cheers, Mark

    • 0 replies
    • 149 views
  15. jon.1981
    Started by jon.1981 * ,

    Hello everyone, got a question that maybe someone could help me with, have recieved my conditional offer for this date but was wondering how long do you normally have to wait for your final offer letter? Got to hand my resignation in soon and would prefer to do it knowing that im definatly going to start on the 28th instead of doing it on faith. My boss has recieved and sent back the reference they wanted, i know they have still got to do some vetting but surely they would have done it by now as they have had my application for over a year now!! Thanks for your help. J

    • 6 replies
    • 353 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.