Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. newuserlancs
    Started by newuserlancs,

    Did anybody else got feedback from the paper sift stage? I was unable to get any ...

  2. ryanmark24
    Started by ryanmark24,

    Just been given a fitness test date of 11th June What does the test entail? Is it still the traditional bleep test to 5.4 or has this been changed?

    • 1 reply
    • 124 views
  3. chocaholic
    Started by chocaholic,

    My fiancé has been waiting for his medical for nearly a year now due to the recruitment freeze in Hampshire. He has recently been told that a provisional medical date will be for early August (the month we get married!). I was wondering: * How long does the medical last for? * How long is the gap between your medical and your start date usually? We haven't booked a honeymoon yet, so not sure if we should wait until we know when he would likely be starting before we do book something.

    Jaydee1546620346
  4. daveybuoy
    Started by daveybuoy * ,

    Hi - I recently applied for the BTP and awaiting to hear back from them. - 2 Questions; 1. On my application form, I stupidly forgot to add a few jobs that I've had in the past because they were jobs that lasted a day and one a week and I had forgotten about them. Now I'm thinking that these should have been put on the form? 2. And secondly under sickness - It stated any sickness that I have had over the past three years - Should I have included the 6 weeks I was of work with a broken ankle? I feel stupid asking these questions I know that I probably should have included these on the application, but I am not sure if I should wait to see what the outcome of my appl…

    • 5 replies
    • 341 views
    Jaydee1546620346
  5. pound
    Started by pound,

    Could someone who has recently attended the GMP fitness,just clarify what to wear?? Should we turn up ready to go in shorts and t shirt?? Or should we take our stuff,ready to change?? Thanks x

    • 3 replies
    • 147 views
  6. sampierce55
    Started by sampierce55,

    Just wondering if i applied to Merseyside specials first would it conflict when i apply to be a normal PC later on in the year, Sam

    • 8 replies
    • 405 views
  7. glos_met
    Started by glos_met,

    I am currently waiting for a date for my fitness and medical tests within the met. I was not too worried about the medical; however a friend who has also applied has been told that his application has been rejected because he has been prescribed an inhaler within the last year. He advised the met that he had been prescribed an inhaler for a chest infection. Although he had asthma as a child, he said to them that this inhaler was purely for the chest infection. Apparently the met told him that this does not matter, and that all applicants must have had one year free of being prescribed an inhaler (whether it be for asthma or an illness such as a chest infection). …

  8. Cesnarf
    Started by Cesnarf,

    Is anyone else going for their Met Day 1 A/C on Tuesday 2 June? Getting nervous now! Cesnarf2009-05-29 22:08:43

    • 0 replies
    • 278 views
  9. Mike798184
    Started by Mike798184,

    Sorry if this is a bit of a random question but what should I actually wear to my assessment centre? Thanks for putting a naturally born worrier's mind at ease :)

    • 14 replies
    • 443 views
    Tony Hayes1546620444
  10. Gooner
    Started by Gooner,

    Wahoooooooooooooooooooooo I passed my medical today!!!

  11. kevin85
    Started by kevin85,

    failed vetting...truely devastated.....its because i have been blamed for an offence that had nothing to do with me and altho i was not charged it has gone against me.....i had no idea that i had recieved blame for this offence.....the victim gave my details because of fear of someone else...i was never contacted becasue the victim did not want to pursue the allegation ( obviously because it was false ) so the first i knew about it was when vetting told me of the crime report on me. i am truely shocked, i thought they had the wrong person until i asked the person that accused me and they told me what happened....the person that accused me has said that they will write a…

    • 7 replies
    • 1k views
  12. oj205
    Started by oj205 * ,

    Was just wondering how long, and how hard it is to get into the Special Branch? Any people in Special Branch on this forum? Do you have to go through the met? x

    • 2 replies
    • 402 views
    Tim in the South
  13. mike.3223
    Started by mike.3223,

    Hi guys and girls, Got my letter requesting my sickness record and asking if i could start on 20th july or october and heard nothing. We must be hearing soon or their will not be enought time to get things set for the 20th July. Anyone else in this position and heard anything for a fitness test in june??? Mike

    • 4 replies
    • 145 views
  14. bonnieanne
    Started by bonnieanne,

    Hi there, Was wondering if there was anyone else on here that got their long awaited start date letter today for West Yorks?? Would be great to be able to chat with any of you before then, so's we dont feel such billy no mates on our first day!! Cannot wait now, after 5 applications and 8 years the end is finally in sight, hallellujah!! To everyone still waiting, hang on in there and if at first you dont succeed try and try again, worked for me! Good luck Bonnie

    • 5 replies
    • 361 views
    Jaydee1546620346
  15. zanzeber
    Started by zanzeber,

    can anyone help me with the following section in one of the scottish force' application form: please list any special skills/attributes you have that you would bring to the force? I am a little perplexed by what they classify as special???? i.e not the fact that I have a driving licence etc... is it more along the lines of trained in first-aid etc, or something like comfortable/capable of working under pressure to obtain targets etc. any helpful comments would be much appreciated.

    • 20 replies
    • 807 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.