Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. ashford82
    Started by ashford82,

    hey everyone, just after some advice as my head is spinning at the moment. i have successfully got through my a/c, interview and physical and have my medical next week. i am just worried because i think there is an issue that will prevent me getting in. 5 years ago while i was at college i was stupidly talked into taking a capsule while very drunk at a festival. as it turns out this capsule contained (not to my knowledge) cocaine, speed and mdma. it was the worst experience of my life and i ended up in hospital. it is something that am very ashamed of but is also a major factor in me joining the police. i have since had two children and the thought of them making the …

    • 11 replies
    • 615 views
  2. blondie85
    Started by blondie85,

    Hey, has anyone who had their day 2 end of april begining of may heard back from vetting yet?

    • 1 reply
    • 214 views
  3. ameliacooper
    Started by ameliacooper * ,

    Hi there, I'm currently doing some revision for my up and coming assessment centre and have thought up many good expereinces for all the topics. However, I was told by a friend of mine (who has applied already) about these positive and negative indicators and how I should use them as a guideline. I've had a search on the internet and I can't find a list of them anywhere, does anyone know a site where they have them? It would be a great help. THANKS

    ameliacooper *
  4. Sammy G
    Started by Sammy G * ,

    Hi All, Iv got a few questions about the recruitment and picking of boroughs. Firstly I was wondering how long anybody had to wait after completing their Day 2 to getting a start date? I passed the fitness on 17th April and got a reference form from work about 2 weeks after that but thats the last I've heard! Secondly, I have heard mixed reviews about picking the Boroughs you live to work in. I've heard some people say its nice to be able to put something back into the community you live whereas others says its a bad idea as you could become a target?! Any thoughts? Sam P.S- Good luck for anybody who got the May or June start date, fingers crossed for August!

    • 2 replies
    • 215 views
    bristol bouncer
  5. Label
    Started by Label,

    Hi everyone, Hopefully someone here can help me with this little problem!... I have my day one on June 25th (soon!), but I had to call the Met recruitment line today to ask a question and the pre-recorded msg before the options said "the met are currently NOT recruiting for new police constables" .... ?!?! This worried me a little bit. Does this mean that even though myself and hundreds others have their day one/day two etc approaching, if we were to pass, are we going to have to wait ages before an actual date? I'm hoping I am wrong in thinking that, and that those attending assesment days are known as the "last batch" (so to speak) Ple…

  6. Morris1546620488
    Started by Morris1546620488,

    Hey, just remembered you have the same A/C day as me, which is tomorrow! So i thought id say good luck with it all, im about to make my way to london now and stay in a hotel before I go to the centre tomorrow. I think you said you had quite a long drive to yours so take care. I reckon we'll be just fine! Good luck again, see you on the other side!

    • 7 replies
    • 228 views
    Morris1546620488
  7. jfromnorfolk
    Started by jfromnorfolk,

    Hi i start my training soon, other than the boots, what else should i think about buying. Maybe stationery, folders and alike? J

    • 3 replies
    • 729 views
  8. *leanne*
    Started by *leanne*,

    Ive got my fitness test on tuesday at Clayton Brook. I was wondering does everyone have to stop at 5.4, or can you carry on? I've never done a beep test before so i want to see what i can reach. I've been going to the gym a lot recently an my personal trainer wants me to try achieve 8/9. If anyone knows, or has done it recently would be great to know. Feeling a little nervous now!

    • 2 replies
    • 356 views
    warriors2008
  9. willgimmence
    Started by willgimmence,

    Not sure if this is in the right place - please move if you don't feel it is & sorry. I had my application with the Met back in April last year, then I had my assessment in November. I failed to get in by 4% (got 56%, required 60%.) I then had the choice of either joining Sussex Police (I live in Brighton) or Thames Valley Police. I'm 19 years old and decided to get to grip with things down here in Sussex and then maybe transfer to a busier area in the future after I felt more established. I went to a Sussex event back in February, filled in my application form, sent that in. Received all my medical documents, filled them in and sent them back. Now I have my …

    Reasonable Man +
  10. mattyglue
    Started by mattyglue * ,

    Had my medical 2 weeks ago for GMP. Spoke to them today to change reference address and asked how long it would be before we know anything . She told me vetting was still taking place. This seems like forever does anyone know how long from your medical it usually takes....the waiting is killing me.

    ChrisC1546620409
  11. bigmack
    Started by bigmack,

    Hi guys and gals. I will be able to re apply again in 2 weeks time. Wow doesn't time fly when you're having fun lol. Seriously It is good to see the people who applied at the same time as me last year who have passed their assessments and are coming to the end of their applications. Some have already received their starting dates. Well done to you all and good luck to those who are in my position who is thinking of re applying again. Thanks to all those people on here who gave me a lot of advice and support. This time round I have taken a much more relaxed approached to my preparations unlike last time when I didn't made it when I thought I shouild. That's all behind me n…

    • 14 replies
    • 336 views
  12. KernowTom
    Started by KernowTom,

    Got a letter saying I will be staying at Paddington Green during training course, but a bit confused about how it works. Everyone does 5-6 weeks at Hendon, then (in theroy) move to a satellite site to continue training, before going onto Borough patrol. So does the accommodation only stand for the period whilst at Hendon? (first 5-6 weeks) Seems like it would be much more practical to stay at Finchely, which is much closer to Hendon, as it is quite likely that I will be at Hendon for a long time. Surly it would only make sense to stay in central accommodation if you were moved to a satellite station near by.

    • 1 reply
    • 447 views
    Aequitas1546620390
  13. steve26
    Started by steve26 * ,

    Hi all, anyone who passed application in November 08, have you heard of any dates for assessment centre yet......................Cheers........Steve

    • 0 replies
    • 202 views
  14. Dave962
    Started by Dave962,

    Hi, I'm due to go to the D & C assessment centre at Middlemoor on March 22 2009. Just wondering if anyone else here is going on the same day? :sweatingbullets:

    • 56 replies
    • 2.1k views
  15. fido1546620302
    Started by fido1546620302,

    Right...I'm just not getting this beep test....The length is supposedly 15 meters....and I have downloaded the beep test audio etc....for example...do you have to run level 1 within one minute and then wait...for the second level beep, or what? I see that the time between levels decreases by about 10 seconds per level....but still don't get it...do you have to run the 15 meters and back again or what...can someone please explain in detail....THANKS

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.