Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. loxyt
    Started by loxyt * ,

    First, I would like to say hi to everyone! Got my assesstment tomorrow, can't wait to get it over and done with. I would say my only concern is the written test... well actually the whole thing, but i guess you have to take it and do your best. If anyone else is having it tomorrow then good luck and for everyone that is preparing, study hard! :) Loxy

    • 6 replies
    • 253 views
  2. IAmHere1546620512
    Started by IAmHere1546620512,

    Hi all In hopeful anticipation of having my fitness test later this month (still provided Day 1 went well) I have been training hard at the gym so I can at least feel more confident. Is hard to simulate shuttle runs on treadmill but fitness has improved massively so should be ok. However, am making slower progress with strength work. Have been using chest press/upper back machines as closest to the dyno but the heaviest weight I can do 5 reps of is 27.5kg...short of the 35/4kg target. Could prob manage 30kg with adrenaline! This is using fixed weight machines, and I can lift even less with free weights. Obviously the test is slightly different as it measures the force …

    • 8 replies
    • 1.3k views
  3. bryanw42
    Started by bryanw42 * ,

    Has anyone else who attended the day 2 assessment on the 23rd March heard anything back from security vetting yet?

    • 4 replies
    • 374 views
  4. jacky_032001
    Started by jacky_032001,

    hi all, just wondering how long you waited from passing your assessment centre till you got your medical apppintment? i passed around a month ago and have been preparing a lot for my fitness but would just like an idea of how much longer i have to prepare? thankyou

  5. blondie85
    Started by blondie85,

    Hey, Can anyone tell me what info u recieve with ur starter pack please? When do you get given your uniform and contract etc? Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 278 views
  6. donaldj
    Started by donaldj,

    hi guys I am a bit confused what is the prosses after application p.s can anyone tell me what the strathclyde interview process is like i have heard that it is really ruff . Im not looking for the questions just what was it like i have heard it is terifying

    • 2 replies
    • 214 views
  7. Simon09
    Started by Simon09,

    hurrah ! Passed the fitness test today, got to 6.1 then thought I'd give myself a longer breather to the push/pull which I passed too with an average of about 83kg. The best runner got to level 11 then stopped - wasn't even out of breath but he is a marathon runner! And an actual man mountain got 105kg average on the push pull. Amazing!

    • 2 replies
    • 647 views
  8. sarah1
    Started by sarah1,

    Hi, I have just found out i passed my day 1 for the met which im thrilled about but im worried about the vetting form I need to complete. I used to work for Thomas Cook - seaonal contracts and put down all the dates of this on my application form but I have realised that I missed off a recruitment agency I worked for in the winter months during this time. Im going to put this down on the vetting form as i dont want to leave any dates unaccounted for but im now worried that my application from and vetting from wont match and this will go against me? Any advise would be great as im really panicking. Thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 394 views
  9. haylskeegan
    Started by haylskeegan,

    Hello again. Now I have passed my fitness test I am wondering on a couple of things. 1) What will happen next? 2) Is there anyone else on here in the same boat, who received a letter a while back asking about potential start dates of 8th June/20th July '09? If anyone can help with either, it will be much appreciated. The word at my fitness was that most felt we would get a start date of 8th June but if we aren't notified of this soon....we won't be able to give 4 weeks notice (not that that will be a particular issue for me but may be for others). Bye for now x

  10. sarah1
    Started by sarah1,

    I have my day 2 for the Met next Wednesday at 12.30pm just wondered if anyone could tell me how long roughly I will be there for as im travelling from Hull and need to pre-book my train tickets. Any help would be appreciated

    • 1 reply
    • 153 views
  11. n1kk1
    Started by n1kk1,

    Hi there, although i've not passed the first through stages, I really would like to start getting ready for the fitness test, mainly the bleep test. Does anyone have any advise or tips how to get ready for this or the 1.5 mile run. My stamina is poor and I can't seem to just keep going. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Nikki, Dumfries and Galloway.

    • 11 replies
    • 1.2k views
  12. Jas120
    Started by Jas120 * ,

    Hello all, im new here so please be kind.. I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced the same problem I have found myself in. I applied for W. Mercia last year and was told that I had passed the a.c. in July 08. I then did my medical and fitness at the beginning of november 08. Since that time I had yet to hear anything just being told that my file is at vetting and that I would be on the July 2009 in take. Last week as I still had not heard anything I gave the recruitment office a call to be told that my file was still not back and now the intake for July was full and another course is scheduled for January 2010! I know 3 people that went to the same a.c. as me…

    • 2 replies
    • 318 views
  13. billy nash
    Started by billy nash,

    Has anybody who went to the assessment day on the 8th May recieved their results yet? I was told no later then the 8th June we would get our results?

    • 8 replies
    • 450 views
  14. thai
    Started by thai,

    Hi people, I have been told by Kent that I am in my 'Final Checks' but does anybody know what these are? or how long from the the 'final checks' to a a yes or no..to pass or fail vetting. ? Any help would be great

    • 3 replies
    • 428 views
  15. littlebillywizz
    Started by littlebillywizz * ,

    Can someone please tell me how long they had to wait between the date of their medical and their start date for Essex Police Thank You

    • 0 replies
    • 132 views
    littlebillywizz *

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.