Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. fletch776
    Started by fletch776,

    Has anyone got their day 2 fitness and medical for the met on the Wed 17th June?

  2. fletch776
    Started by fletch776,

    I have my day 2 assessment with the met on wed and it doesnt specify in the letter what to wear.

    • 5 replies
    • 335 views
  3. sweetsoutar
    Started by sweetsoutar,

    Hi Just a quick question, are missed payments on a credit card enough to fail vetting even if your under your credit card limit. Also what about overdrafts?... Any problems with having 2 overdrafts? Out of everything I could fail on I’m only worried about having a bad credit rating, I’m only 22 so never had a great wage and all I want is a police career. Thanks

  4. Ongarman
    Started by Ongarman,

    Hi, this is my first post on the forum hello to you all. I have had my assessment day one today and before i went i was absolutely bricking it! Seriously agonising over it for days, but i have to say i do not know why the hell i was stressing so much! If there is anyone reading this who has their day coming up take my advice and chill out!!! As long as you follow some of the essential pointers and info you wont have a problem. I started my day with the written tests and PIRT stuff, then moved on to the interview section after a short break and finally the role play scenarios to finish the day, although depending on your grouping this may change for you. I cant divul…

  5. PatPatPat
    Started by PatPatPat,

    ............PatPatPat2010-02-03 20:48:01

  6. mishy999
    Started by mishy999,

    Hello all, i have come up with my potential answers to interview questions i might be faced with at the assessment centre. I was just wondering for all those who have been through the process already if you can look through them and give any pointers. Would be grately appreciated. Mishy

    • 9 replies
    • 435 views
  7. Andrew_P
    Started by Andrew_P,

    Hi All, I first posted back in 2004, when I was unsure if to apply due to my parents, however I have now decided after getting a few more years of life experience behind me to apply,when recruitment for Essex opens. Its just from when I first postedin 2007 I was single, now I live with my partner, and she is not keen on me applying at some point in the future, when recruitment re opens, as concerned may not see her hardly etc. I just hope that everything works out, as although I have a reasonable office job at the moment, I just dont feel I can progress that far, and usually its the same work day in day out. Thanks for listening all :)

    • 0 replies
    • 219 views
  8. mr luvpants
    Started by mr luvpants,

    Oops

  9. pcmick
    Started by pcmick * ,

    Hi all, new to this so bear with me.Can anyone tell me the competences strathclyde use to grade you

    • 1 reply
    • 171 views
  10. ashford82
    Started by ashford82,

    hey all, i have recently won an appeal over my vetting and to my delight have been able to continue my application. i have already completed half of my medical and only need to take my doctors report back to have finished the application process (apart from fingerprints/uniform etc.). i am just wondering, is it possible that something else could come up on my vetting and stop me getting in? as you can guess i am on tenterhooks about being rejected again. i have experienced it once and it IS the end of the world. i do not have a guilty consciense or anything, just that i know how easy something can come up. do you think that they complete the vetting before making a d…

    • 1 reply
    • 327 views
  11. Trevellyan
    Started by Trevellyan,

    I was wondering if anybody could help me I have my assessment test next week for Essex however I have read that the pass score is 50% and also 60%. Could anybody clear this for me. Also i understand the 50% pass score will be for areas who don't carry out the interview on the actual day. Many Thanks Dave

    • 1 reply
    • 133 views
  12. StuNo1
    Started by StuNo1,

    ......No reason other than dont want to have to wait 6 months to re-apply and then go through the whole process again! My preparation (Maybe other people are doing similar?) 1. Memorise appropriate responses for competency based interview. 2. Memorise letter and report layout. 3. Do practice Numeric and Literacy questions (Timed) using books i bought. 4. Read the books I bought around topics such as, how to approach role plays, structure of reports expected etc. 4. Try not to panic! Hope this is enough? Good luck to everyone going through this process. I am sure we are all as keen as each other to get in to the police. Stuart

    • 10 replies
    • 350 views
  13. flemmo100
    Started by flemmo100 * ,

    Hi Everybody, just wondering if anybody can shed any light on my current situation. I passed my final interview on the 26th of May for Strathclyde Force and had my medical the next day. In my medical i got told i needed to go to the optition and get new glasses and contact lenses as my corrected vision wasnt up to scratch. I had to send in the new results i got from the option the next day but the doctor at the medical said everything should be fine. I phoned maybe a week later to see what was happening with regards to a start date as i got told in my final int it would provisionally be the 31st of Aug. They said that it was a waiting game and that occupational health hav…

    • 0 replies
    • 112 views
  14. Trouble01
    Started by Trouble01,

    Hi, Just wondering (if a miracle happens and I do pass my day one). What is the accepted BMI for the Met? I am really worried mine is going to be too high.

  15. sarahr84
    Started by sarahr84 * ,

    not quite sure how to go about trying on and buying the boots and shoes we need

    • 9 replies
    • 1.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.