Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. messedupjoey
    Started by messedupjoey,

    Can you change a reference after applying? I originally put down a friend who has now become a girlfriend but I dont live with her, should I call up recruitment and give them another person to take her place? I have currently passed paper shift,ac,fitness test and have a medical in december. Cheers for any help

    • 0 replies
    • 191 views
  2. rachel669
    Started by rachel669,

    Hi, I applied in January for West Mercia police, and got 53% which is not enough to get into that force, but want to transfer my results over to West Midlands police. I did this at the end of last week after attending West Midlands Recruitment Evening. I wondered if anyone else had done this, and how long the process takes until they start background checks, fitness tests etc. Any comments would be much appreciated Rachel

    • 0 replies
    • 135 views
  3. Diamond1546620519
    Started by Diamond1546620519 * ,

    Hi all, I'm aware I have a bit to go. I'm a little over 6 foot, weighing in at about 15.5 stone. It's not muscle, I'll be the first one to say that (moobs) and am fully aware that I've got a while to go. Losing the weight is a task, but reasonably easy for me, I've done it before, but due to having no actual goal at the time I put most of it all back on again. Just the fitness will be a chore. I haven't done any fitness training in my life for any real length of time, other than school (I'm 25 now) but I'm constantly walking too and from work at least (7 miles in each day, so my heart is beating at least badoom badoom). I'm thinking of joining the Northern Constabulary …

    ManchesterKathy1546620192
  4. Lj180
    Started by Lj180,

    Hey, Does anyone else have a start date of the 20th of July for Tulli? I got in last friday but was hoping I'd be away in June but I have heard that Tulli is really busy at the moment. Never mind, at least I have plenty of time to prepare!

  5. michael88
    Started by michael88 * ,

    Hi all, My housemate is on bail for some serious offences, the alleged offences supposedly took place around a year ago at wich time we didnt live in the same house or really talk to each other. We have only lived in the same house for about a month, and if i had known he had been involved in any of this i would never have moved in with him. i have no convictions and nor do any of my family. My question is do think its worth me applying for the force or do i have no chance when it comes to vetting? Thanks.

    • 6 replies
    • 561 views
  6. ajfaccini
    Started by ajfaccini,

    Any ideas when it is?? I can reapply soon so just wondering when it is.

    • 2 replies
    • 223 views
  7. kirstyhulley
    Started by kirstyhulley,

    Hey all Did anyone attend the Ryton assessment day today? (17th June) I did and.and i have soooo blown it! I did awful in the interview, and worse in the role play! I think the fact that I wanted it so much, overcame me, and half way through each situation (role play AND intrview) i went blank! And as for the proposal? My word......i did awful! Gutted

  8. starter1
    Started by starter1 * ,

    Upon receiving my training start date letter and associated information, I've noticed that there is another vetting form to be completed... Does this mean that we are to be vetted yet again? Any comments would be appreciated! Cheers, Tom

  9. sampierce55
    Started by sampierce55,

    Hi people i got my results from my record check but I am really confused as to what it says, when i was about 14 - 15 i got a telling off and a fine for being with my cousin when he stole long story. The police were really nice about it because we got put up to it and they just took us home. However my letter read this, Dear Sir/Madam, Section 7, Data Protection Act 1998 - Subject Access In reply to your request for information that may be held about you by the Merseyside police on computers in the following categories, Person Record : Prosecution/Conviction The data protection act places obligation on the police when holding personal information on computer to prov…

    • 17 replies
    • 1.2k views
    Tony Hayes1546620444
  10. guitarman
    Started by guitarman,

    Can anybody help me with this, please? One section asks for details of any youth or other organisations I am/was a part of. Potential answers are - part of a charity committee back at high school. - Joined a mentoring 'team' back at uni, though I worked on my own for 6 months to tutor a 1st year student with his maths. Do you think these sound flimsy? Thanks! :)

    • 0 replies
    • 135 views
  11. Chris321
    Started by Chris321,

    Just heard this morning that I have passed with 61% and I have my Day 2 on the 30th of this month. Just like to say thankyou to everyone who have helped me and i couldn't of done it without you all. Site admin, SPOT ON! Cheers everyone!

    • 9 replies
    • 412 views
  12. gridgirl
    Started by gridgirl,

    anyone on here applied to work for west mids??

    • 6 replies
    • 402 views
  13. kirkstine
    Started by kirkstine,

    Hi all, Well, this morning I phoned up vetting and the lady said it has been completed. Does this mean it has the ok? I kinda feel a bit deflated, I think I should be happy but I am not to sure as she sounded a bit vague. I then phoned up recruitment at Hendon and I asked what happens next (I know they do referencing) I am just curious to know if I will have a letter sent to me etc? Cheers

  14. RMP1
    Started by RMP1,

    Hi all, Just found out that I passed A/C that I attended a couple of weeks ago. Happy with score (though don't know what pass mark is for force I applied to!) although feedback to follow apparently. Thought I'd share some of my thoughts about a/c with you & hope someone might find them useful cos I know I found (and will still find throughout rest of process) a lot of posts on these forums helpful. Obviously I can't give out any precise details, etc, but have included some general guidelines that I hope might be useful. Firstly, I run pubs and have done for a few years so have got a background in customer service which I suppose in theory should help - though most…

    Mark0011546620519
  15. Mark0011546620519
    Started by Mark0011546620519,

    A friend of mine has just applied to Strathclyde Police, when I asked how he got on with the 4 main questions at the back (the 4 main ones that are broken down) he said what questions? I thought they got the same application form as the English do, anyone know anything different? Also I keep hearing about people reading books buying CDs and attending training days to help pass certain levels of the Police process. Surely if you need all that just to pass the initial Police process how are they going to get on when they don't have the CD or book in front of them. I'm sorry but if you cant pass the test honestly and be yourself then you are giving the panel or board a fa…

    • 2 replies
    • 122 views
    Mark0011546620519

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.