Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. LuW
    Started by LuW * ,

    Hi, Ive applied for a role as PCSO within Staffordshire, ive passed the interview and the fitness test and now theres just the medical, security and financial screening to get through. Could any one tell me how many days absent from work for sickness over the last three years are considered acceptable as its something that im now worrying about (hopefully Im only worry being Im fairly sure everything else that theyre checking should be fine!) Thanks for your help in advance

    • 4 replies
    • 611 views
  2. Mr.H
    Started by Mr.H,

    Hi, Has anyone recieved a start date recently from West Midlands police, and if so when was your Physical. I passed mine 26th May and was led to believe i would find out my date pretty shortly after, but a month later still nothing. Anyone else in a smiliar situation? I tried calling recruitment but they couldnt give me any sort of time frames, either to a possible start date or to when i might find out.

    matrixdrone737
  3. Just Hector
    Started by Just Hector,

    Anyone got an interview, med and fit test on 20th March for Transfer or Re-join?

  4. Louise!
    Started by Louise!,

    Hi Guys I received a letter asking me if i would like to attend an AC workshop. Has anyone ever been to one of these? Are they helpful and what do you do ?? Thanks

    Lee.S1546620511
  5. AliBali
    Started by AliBali,

    Hi guys, Thought I'd better introduce myself, I've been having a nosey through some posts and they've been a great help. I've handed in my application, sat and passed my S.E.T.'s (with the help of a 'teach yourself maths' book) and am now preparing for my inital interview on 1st July. I understand the interview is not as formal as the final and is just with someone from recruitment as opposed to a whole fleet of officers! I think I'm fairly organised, I hope, but I can't seem to get hold of an officer to discuss issues in the community and role of an officer etc. I've tried calling loads but they're on the phone or on annual leave - grr. Can anyone fill me in on what o…

    • 7 replies
    • 189 views
  6. Mike798184
    Started by Mike798184,

    Well I waited the full two weeks and about 20 minutes ago I wandered downstairs to find the envelope I'd been waiting for had arrived. I was going to wait to open it, put some good music on, but I just went for it and to my amazement I passed with 63%! I'm still shaking slightly now! I've read through the feedback and as I thought at the time I didn't nail the role plays. But I hit enough of the competencies obviously for it to not affect the overall result. It really is a tremendous feeling and to anyone worrying about how they did, trust me, I had so many regrets in the hours after I'd finished. Just goes to show...you never know!! Thanks for the advice I've received …

    • 19 replies
    • 433 views
  7. mr luvpants
    Started by mr luvpants,

    I am starting in September for the MET. I need to get myself a pair of boots and dont know where to start. So I thought I would start a thread and hopefully Students and serving Police officers can post their recommendations to help us newbies in making an informed choice. If possible can you also put a link and price. Many thanks JOHN

    Dexter1546620487
  8. dazzer34
    Started by dazzer34,

    http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/4456234.Po...tants_not_cops/ What do you think about this

  9. sabatman
    Started by sabatman,

    I`m thinking about booking a place on the talkingblues course. I`m just wondering is it worth the 145 they charge. Has anyone been on the course and did it help?

  10. mike.mcuk
    Started by mike.mcuk,

    Hey people, Im already in the job, but i have a mate who wants to transfer his a/c results from essex to GMP. Can anyone tell me the current a/c pass mark as i know it goes up and down how they please. Cheers Mike

    • 6 replies
    • 328 views
  11. Dawniemanc
    Started by Dawniemanc,

    Hi I am currently at the final stages of the application process for GMP. Everything cleared, I am literally waiting for the call to start (hopefully) in August. I have been advised by recruitment that they are making "provisions" because of my epilepsy. I passed the medical and the report from my GP. They said that they have a "duty of care" to make sure that I will be happy and comfortable in my job. I was hoping to get in on the May intake but I missed that as they were still waiting on documents from occupational health! Ive got everything crossed for August intake. They have assured me that Ive got nothing to worry about and is just a case of waiting for docu…

    • 5 replies
    • 312 views
  12. Kwik
    Started by Kwik,

    for you lot who are worried about the fitness tests here is a video of them http://www.acpos.police.uk/media/Fitness%2...werPoint_Hi.wmv

    • 9 replies
    • 273 views
    jaybo1546620504
  13. PCWantstobe!
    Started by PCWantstobe!,

    I have been told that I am due to be posted abroad by the Army but I have hopefully nearly finished my Police Recruitment. Passed Application stage. Passed Assessment Centre: April 09. Fitness: This Sunday (Will Pass). Security Paperwork: Sent three weeks ago. My goal/Motivation is to pass Police Recruitment Process and leave the Army but I don't want to hand in my notice with the Army in case the Police thing goes Pete Tong. Now what else do I need to do and how long do you think I have left until they say Yes or No??? Can I contact them and tell them my predicament and ask how long I have remaining until I am posted??? Why is life so difficult??? Please help!

  14. GrannySmiff
    Started by GrannySmiff,

    Hi, If in the role plays you get somebody with a name the can be both genders do you ask the actor to confirm if they are male or female. If you don't do this and just assume its a male and refer to them as he is this a fail?. Cheers.

    • 11 replies
    • 226 views
    Traffic Rat +
  15. terrie
    Started by terrie,

    I have just had a letter rejecting me from being PCSO because i was given a caution/warning when i was around 12/14 years of age, im 32 now , at the time of application i did not even recall this and talking to my dad was told yeah the police did come round the house but it was to give you a talking to not a caution, my dad said it was an unoffical caution as such, a slap on the wrist hence why i did not mention it, i did not even remember it, do you think it was because i did not mention this on my application Please help me terrie

    • 33 replies
    • 1.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.