Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. steveukload
    Started by steveukload,

    Hi , can anyone advise me if handwriting is critical on the application? Im an engineer and always write in capital letters will this count against me? This may sound trivial but if i fill it all out and fail the paper sift on this id be devastated Any advice would be most appreciated

  2. amandatrec
    Started by amandatrec,

    Hi I broke my femur in 2 places approx 6 yrs ago. I needed it pinning and I still have a pin through the centre of my bone. It has never caused me a problem since. Is there anyone who has been for the medical who has had a major fracture who could advise me how this might be viewed Many Thanks

    • 21 replies
    • 722 views
    Kyria1546620475
  3. StuNo1
    Started by StuNo1,

    Hi all, As the title suggests I did my AC for the met on 24th June and now I am playing the waiting game! My main concern is that during the written exercises my hand writing was not the neatest! I read through the material, picked up on what I thought were the key points, used paragraphs where I felt appropriate, approached issues I felt appropriate etc but my writing....oh dear! Will this come back to haunt me? I know they are interested in the content and grammar but can you fail on neatness / tidiness of your writing? They will be able to read it bit it is not pretty! Overall I think it went quite well. Didn’t think the interviews were an issue as have done simi…

    • 1 reply
    • 208 views
  4. Chris321
    Started by Chris321,

    Hey Guys and Galls! I know this could sound like a silly question but I seriously don't know what to wear to my fitness and medical test tomorrow! :S At the moment I'm going with a suit and a kitbag with my gym clothes init. Is there time for you to change, or would you say to go in gym clothes? thanks CJ

    • 1 reply
    • 182 views
  5. lance7
    Started by lance7,

    Anyone got any information about this start date?

  6. pottheed9593
    Started by pottheed9593,

    I need some help! I am applying to be a special constable for Northern Constabulary and The notes say that I dont have to complete section 2 of app form. Should I complete it anyway to show I am keen?? or will they just disregard it if i complete it? Any advice is much appriciated :)

    • 1 reply
    • 1.6k views
    Captain Carrot1546081000
  7. sa123
    Started by sa123,

    I have spent the day talking to several different Occupational Health departments (illuminating!)asking their views on whether I would need to come off seroxat (10mg) before being accepted. While one person in one department was adamant I would need to be off it, mentioning the 'rules' spelt out in a 'Home Office circular' specifying that recruits must have been 12 months drug free (she didn't think the circular was publicly available), a doctor at another department has just told me that info is 'wrong' and that it could be perfectly fine for someone to be on such medication, with each person judged on own merits etc. Another department refused to discuss anything with m…

  8. ashford82
    Started by ashford82,

    hey all, i was just wondering if anybody has been successful in appealing a vetting rejection? i am asking because i am about to do this and cant find a single incident on here were somebody was. i have failed my vetting because apparently i was cautioned for something 13 years ago when i was 13, although neither my parents or myself were informed of this. i remember the situation and even my dad says the police officer at the time told him he will just give me a telling off to scare me then that'll be that. recruitment have said because i never put it down on my application it is an integrity issue. i explained i never even knew about it to put down and the lady sugg…

  9. alfie25
    Started by alfie25,

    Hi. I'm unsure as to declare to the police recruitment I once had DVLA send me a notice that I never renewed the road tax disc. What actually happended was I sold the car and sent off the new registered keeper. but unfortunately never received the confimration so the car was still registered in my name and DVLA contacted me and stated i had to pay for the cost of the road tax or a fine- I can't remember which exactly. Secondly i'm currently working as an volunteer and also have a paying job, but can I use voluntary work as am my preferred reference Rather than my current paid job? If not can I use both? Kind regards

    • 2 replies
    • 302 views
    Jaydee1546620346
  10. duff_beer
    Started by duff_beer,

    and also is it wrong to ring occupational health to inquire about my medical date or should i just wait for them to ring me, a person i know who is also in the application process has had his medical date given and i am still waiting :S thank you

    • 7 replies
    • 729 views
    toro rosso1546620414
  11. scottishchicky
    Started by scottishchicky,

    Hey Guys Wondering if someone can help me out, I have just found out I have passed my crritical thinking test and am now waiting on my HV date (once I pass the vetting - hopefully) I was wondering if anyone that has maybe just recently went through the Home Visit could give me some hints and tips about what to study. Lesley PS - If anyone reads this today I have my station visit tomorrow afternoon, and any help for that would be appreciated.

    • 0 replies
    • 405 views
    scottishchicky
  12. Supaflysister
    Started by Supaflysister * ,

    Hi everyone, The more i think about it the more worried i get. The thing is, after sending in my medical report i was asked to provide full medical history. In 1996 i had a brief bout of anxiety (i was only 16 or 17 at the time),then again during uni when i was 24 (i wouldnt have gone to the doctors had i not needed a note of extenuating circumstances to give me an extension on a project). I was called to the occ health dept who signed me off as fit for duty. I then got my date for medical & fitness. I passed my fitness then went to the nurse who did my hearing, eyesight, lungs etc then went through to the doctor. The doctor expressed his concerns about my medical …

    • 1 reply
    • 346 views
  13. Jimeny22
    Started by Jimeny22,

    I thought I would start this thread in the hope that MET officers past and present would come in and share their knowledge about the London Boroughs they have worked in. When I was applying I pondered over where to work for a while, I looked on the internet and spoke to a few officers I was lucky enough to get in contact with about where the best places to work are. If you have something interesting and helpful about where you work/have worked, then please put it here. Cheers

  14. LisPen
    Started by LisPen * ,

    Hi I have recently passed the A/C for Emergency call Operator, am now being vetted and have to have a medical. Could anyone tell me what the medical entails please.

    • 0 replies
    • 130 views
  15. slee1984
    Started by slee1984,

    I have my final interview with Norfolk on 20th April. Can anybody help me? I have heard they ask you to do a presentation during the interview but have no info yet about what they want a presentation on? They have informed me of the date by email and said they will confirm in writing so i am hoping the letter will give me some idea of the content of the i/v Thanks Steven

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.