Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. clavicle06
    Started by clavicle06,

    I see that right now the met aren't recruiting , are there any mailing lists or sites I can go to , to be kept up to date on when they met are recruiting etc? Its really just For future reference. Hope that's not too daft a question.

    • 5 replies
    • 534 views
  2. sweetsoutar

    As you can see from my topic title i have everything in the next 3 weeks! My question is: Will i find out on the day if i have passed my medical, fitness and interview? Also any tips for anything will be great! Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 177 views
  3. Pam26273
    Started by Pam26273,

    Hiya Needing some advice from other probationers or people in the know regarding Tulliallan - I start at Fettes on 21st July and then go to Tulliallan on 27th July - so am busy trying to get myself organised as to what i need to take with me to Tulliallan - dont want to overpack (its a womans perogative after all lol ) but dont want to not take the essentials i will need with me either !!! Anyone able to help then all advice gratefully received Thanks

  4. cjmeikle
    Started by cjmeikle,

    Hey, just got off the phone with the recruitment bosses and have been offered a job who else is going up on the 20th ?

  5. haggartyj
    Started by haggartyj,

    i am waiting to apply for the MOD Police in september (18yo in september) and i cant find much info on what the fitness test and other tests involve eg... bleep test pass mark... push pull pass mark... what the other tests are... also i have been looking through the forums all morning after being introduced to the site and i keep sing the abreviation "a/c" can someone fill me in on this. and please feel free to post any other info you think would be helpful. thanks, joe

    Tony Hayes1546620444
  6. Knelly
    Started by Knelly,

    Hiya, Just looking for some advice, the problem I have is that Cheshire will open their recruitment lines via a e mail system on the 13th July, now I passed narrowly failed my A/C with Merseyside and got the letter to inform me of this on 30th of January 09. To get an application form for Cheshire you have to attend a seminar day and you have to apply for a space on the seminar day, if I did manage to get on application form and returned the application form, it would be past the 30th of July and the date I can re apply. Just not sure if the day I apply starts with trying to get on the seminar day or the day I send back my application form. What does everyone think I…

    • 2 replies
    • 288 views
  7. kateshady
    Started by kateshady * ,

    Hi all, ive got my A/C this week and im not sure about the comp. interview iv got a couple of answers for R/D but only one for T/W P/S and Resiliance. has anyone got any examples of how these questions may be put to me in interview to see if my answers fit. Thanks everyone

    • 2 replies
    • 238 views
  8. ajfaccini
    Started by ajfaccini,

    Just thought I'd let you know, begins 14th July 8AM

    • 1 reply
    • 221 views
  9. g_gallacher_1
    Started by g_gallacher_1,

    Hello Everyone I am thinking about applying to one of the Scottish forces and would like to know if they check your credit score. Also if anybody knows do they look at your personal bank accounts and credit reports? Or am i looking into this to much? The only financial blip i have is one fully satisfied credit default from one year ago. If anybody can shed any light on the above i would be very grateful. Many Thanks G

    • 1 reply
    • 319 views
  10. P4UL
    Started by P4UL,

    Hello everyone was just wondering if I can have a bit of advice before my AC on Tuesday... The maths part - I'm not too bad at maths, been going through my long multiplication, division, percentages etc. My only problem is getting quick answers, i'm aiming for 30 seconds on each answer, but with some I end up going over this, and i'm struggling to answer all 25 questions in 12 minutes (this isn't because i'm confused by the answer, i'm just trying to work it out) - Would you fail the assessment centre if you didn't pass the maths section?? The role plays - I'm kinda used to giving oral presentations when I was at University, i'm a Wigan lad, and i've always found th…

    • 1 reply
    • 225 views
  11. Jaydee1546620346
    Started by Jaydee1546620346,

    I have noticed countless topics about people feeling worried about the fitness testing so I have decided to create a little post on here to give some advice and tips on building up muscular strength to help you later on in the recruitment process and of course build some confidence! First thing I must stress is that muscular workouts DO NOT reduce fat so if you have a problem with weight then cardio is going to be your first port of call. If you are looking to add some muscle mass and increase upper body strength then look no further. The first thing to understand is that everybody is different and we all heal at different rates and we are all at different levels of fit…

    • 4 replies
    • 566 views
  12. OllieG
    Started by OllieG,

    Hello everyone, Im new to this site so thought id say hello. Ive passed my day one and day two for essex and got my medical on 2nd September 2009. It all seems to be taking a while but closer to the dream. Does anyone know what the pay is for essex on training? Do you get a choice where you are posted in Essex?

    • 0 replies
    • 213 views
  13. jjfry
    Started by jjfry,

    Hi Guys, Firstly, I'd like to introduce myself because this my first post... I'm Jack. I don't want to sound like a sob-story, but i'll explain my whole situation, in the hope that someone can help me out! I'm 18, and currently studying for my A-Levels and am due to finish them at the end of this week. For the past few years, going to university after A-levels has been drilled into me by my teachers, although for as long as I can remember, I've wanted to join the Police force. I have actually applied to University and am meant to be going there in September (providing I get the grades). However, in the back of my mind was the niggling feeling that the Police is reall…

    • 22 replies
    • 833 views
    Amigo1546620440
  14. stenny16
    Started by stenny16,

    Just a quick query to help pass the time as I feel like I've been waiting forever to hear about my application! I sent it in on 27th March and received CASA on 16th April. I heard from them at the beginning of May when recruitment rang to clarify something in my employment history. I've spoken to them a couple of times since and they just say keep waiting, the delay is about 10-12 weeks at the moment. But I keep seeing people who applied at a similar time to me or some even later who have heard back already and have day1 dates. Does anyone know why some take longer than others? Initially I had hoped the wait was about 6 weeks as that is what a lot of people seemed to …

    Amigo1546620440
  15. RichDRFC
    Started by RichDRFC,

    Hello All I have my assessment for Sussex Police on 23rd July. I dont know if i'm just trying too hard to revise but I just dont feel as though its going in. I think i'm quite happy with the role plays, maths and the verbal reasoning. Even the interview I dont feel so bad about, but the written is bothering me. Maybe its because I know in my mind that if I fail that then I fail the day, im not sure. Anyway to cut a long story short, does anyone have any good revision techniques when it comes to the written? Or maybe even the interview too. Cheers all

    • 5 replies
    • 282 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.