Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Scot FF
    Started by Scot FF,

    Hi all I am currently employed within the fire service, but over the past few months (and i suppose in the back of my mind for a few years) i have been considering switching careers and joining the police. I am based in Edinburgh but would consider UK wide police forces. I would like to ask....what is the job really like for officers? Pro's and con's? And if you were in my shoes would you make the change? I appreciate that it is a personal decision based on my own desire and ambition, but as you can imagine it is a big move to make and i want to ensure that it is an informed one. I have experience of working alongside the police at emergency incidents, but little kn…

  2. Chris321
    Started by Chris321,

    Hey Guys and Girls! I have my day 2 one week today, 30th june. was just wondering if anybody else is going on the smae day?

    • 7 replies
    • 133 views
  3. beady
    Started by beady,

    hi , ant one else going to assessment center on the 14 july? gotta be there for 8.15 am , gonna have to leave home bout 6.30! im getting bit nervous now, good luk to all who will be going through the process too!

    • 3 replies
    • 291 views
  4. Morris1546620488
    Started by Morris1546620488,

    Hello everyone. Im writing this amist what i can only describe as the worst feeling ive ever had so far in my life. I just got my A/C results today from the met and i failed with 54%. I am obviously absolutely gutted. I really wasnt expecting it and to be fair that was stupid of me. When you brace yourself fr a punch it takes some of the sting out of it, but i took this one completely without warning. One of the horrible parts is thinking back to all the time and money i have put into it, all the early trains ive taken to get to support seminars and buying a new suit not to mention the hotel i stayed in the night before the big day, and the good luck c…

    • 16 replies
    • 660 views
    eeyore1545925597
  5. sam786
    Started by sam786,

    A lot of people have just done their day 2 including myself and Im just wondering if anyone who has just been through the vetting procedure can give us some more information. What I understand is that they check your address, employment, criminal and financial history and get references from your employers and educational establishments? What is the general time frame? Once people get to the vetting stage how likely is it that they will get the job?

    • 3 replies
    • 233 views
  6. A87
    Started by A87,

    http://www.patrolstore.com/advanced_search...CFZ4U4wodATqKpg

    • 11 replies
    • 868 views
  7. A87
    Started by A87,

    Would like to open up a new topic regarding current serving police officers. Think it will be usefull to have a little "overview" of policing. why you like it? Whats good about the job? Will be interesting to have a "day in the life" of a police officer, so everyone knows what the job is really like.

    • 1 reply
    • 274 views
  8. jaybo1546620504
    Started by jaybo1546620504,

    Hi I have my Day 2 coming up soon, Need to choose my 6 preference boroughs, I would preferrably like to work at a busy borough with a mixture of different jobs, also wanted to try and get a borough which does the 12 hr shifts. toying with the idea of choosing:- 1 - Camden 2 - Westminster 3 - Greenwich 4 - Tower Hamlets 5 - Lambeth 6 - Southwark Anyone know if these would be good choices? Also I will be travelling from kent, but would probably look to relocate closer in the future. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks Jay

    • 8 replies
    • 379 views
  9. KashAli
    Started by KashAli * ,

    Hi, I don't know if anyone can help me with this one. Basically last Monday I applied to become a Police Constable in Lothian and Borders police and sent my completed application and written assessment to the recruitment department at Fettes Headquarters in Edinburgh. On Thursday I received a letter which stated that I was unsuccessful and my application couldn't be pursued any further, which was very disappointing news which you will probably appreciate. Today I contacted the recruitment department and spoke to a women who was the Police Recruitment Officer, to establish why it was rejected at such early stage. She advised me the reason it was rejected was because I …

    • 1 reply
    • 1.1k views
  10. Amigo1546620440
    Started by Amigo1546620440,

    Hiya, This is just a quick question about applying for different roles. I have applied for the position of Police Constable with TVP and really hope that I get in. However If I dont, I'd like to apply for a special or psco role. (then apply for PC again later) I was wondering if I could apply for the role of PSCO while still waiting to hear back about PC? Is this possible/allowed or not? Thanks, Ami

    • 4 replies
    • 384 views
    Amigo1546620440
  11. rayana2
    Started by rayana2 * ,

    I was wondering if anyone can offer any advice. I am very keen to be applying for lothian and borders polcie later this year, however have just been to an optician about the sight requirements. I am 6/60 uncorrected vision and believe it has to be 6/36, optician says i could ake 6/48. The optician did say that some constabularies were different. Spoke to the police wellbeing dept and her advice was to squint more! Just wondered if anyone else had been in this position or knew of someone who had. I really don't want to fall at the first hurdle, but neither do i want to go through the application process to be turned around at the end. Any advice or comments would be g…

  12. kevin85
    Started by kevin85,

    i am currently waiting my appeal result for the met as i failed vetting !! i am already a pcso in the met i cannot believe i failed and never saw this coming!! can i transfer my results over to another force immediately and hope that they pass me if i fail my appeal !! i am hopeful !! i am just thinking of the worst possible scenario ?? any advice will be appreciated !! thanks

    • 7 replies
    • 1.1k views
  13. sam786
    Started by sam786,

    I have a bit of a cold, god forbid I fail tommorow do I get another attempt!

  14. jboymans
    Started by jboymans,

    hi, im due to start my training next monday and was just wondering if anyone had any idea of what we actually get issued, apart from the uniform of course do i need to buy anything ??? because i hear that some forces issue torches just wanted to know if the met did and i have already got my boots cheers Joe

    • 2 replies
    • 619 views
    Messy1546620448
  15. MikeIndiaKiloEcho
    Started by MikeIndiaKiloEcho,

    Hi all Im the son of a farmer so am very proficient with various firearms and shotgun, so would like to join a firearms unit Im looking to join the civil nuclear constabulary at next intake. I was just wondering if its possible to transfer directly from the CNC to a home office firearms unit after 4 years or so? Regards Mike P.S. i am aware that ill only be on firearms duty when required.

    • 5 replies
    • 739 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.