Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. djunreal99
    Started by djunreal99,

    Hi all, I'm in need of some adding weight help I'm 6 foot 5 and thin (i weight 11 stone 5/6 or around 72-73kg) I also believe i have a high motabalism as i eat like a horse but don't seem to add on weight. When i went for my drugs test they weighted me and i was around 74kg at the time. I have just weighed myself and i am now around 72.3kg. I need to be at least 73kg for my bmi! Help!!!! What ways are best to add on weight? any good food mixes to eat etc etc?

    • 13 replies
    • 380 views
  2. kirkstine
    Started by kirkstine,

    Hi all, I have just phoned up vetting (for the met) and the lady said it has been completed, does this mean I have passed? Also what happens if you have passed (I know recruitment do the references) but do they contact me at all, if so how long from passing vetting to them contacting you? I am feeling a bit in limbo land, Many thanks, Phil

  3. dansheppard
    Started by dansheppard * ,

    I cant remember the competency questions in the papersift application and I wish to use those examples in my interview. Can anyone help jog my memory as to what the questions where? I think I remember one being "recall a time when you cahllenged someones behaviour that was bullying" or something like that. Any help would be appreciated

    • 3 replies
    • 209 views
  4. Frog
    Started by Frog,

    I've got my AC Day 2 next week- and from what I understand, if I'm successful, I'll have to make my mind up on the day and put down my boroughs in order of preference. I live in the borough of Barnet, and don't know if it's a good or bad idea to serve in my local one. Or may a neighbouring one such as Enfield? Or perhaps even one a lot further away? Anyone got any ideas about which boroughs to avoid, and any reasons? Any other recommendations, ideas, suggestions?

  5. Frog
    Started by Frog,

    I found it all quite easy, I must say... Medical: Hearing test- that booth felt like an electric chair! The bleeps are barely audible, but it went OK. Next blood pressure and BMI measurements. Then a sight test (I wear glasses, but passed the sight test without needing them- as I'm only -1 in each eye). Next the urine sample, and that was about it- apart from a couple of medical questions. Registration: When I was called in, I had to read the forms and choose my preferred boroughs there and then. I was already prepared for that, so no problem. Fitness test: Much easier than I expected. The bleep test level is far too low in my view- as 5.4 is a pass. I expecte…

  6. kirkstine
    Started by kirkstine,

    Hi all, Just wondering if anyone else has been at reference stage when medical have queried something? I have to go up to Hendon on the 1st July and I am scared I am going to fail Cheers, Phil

    • 2 replies
    • 354 views
  7. G07122
    Started by G07122,

    I am currently applying to be a special constable and have a small family issue that might affect the vetting part of the process. My uncle was arrested for a public order offence about 20 years ago. I don't think that he has got a criminal record and he did not go to prison for the offence. Also I am only 18 and was not even born at the time of the offence. Do you think this will affect my chances of being a special constable as I am very worried about it? Thanks.

    • 3 replies
    • 433 views
  8. VirulentUncle
    Started by VirulentUncle,

    Folks, I am hoping to transfer as a substantive Constable to the Merseyside Police soon. Can anyone help me out with what I can expect during the process, i.e. interview etc. Cheers! Judgey

    • 0 replies
    • 1.9k views
    VirulentUncle
  9. G07122
    Started by G07122,

    I have applied to be a special constable for the Staffordshire police and have been sent an invitation to the initial recruitment test. The problem is that I am terrible at spelling, how do you suggest I improve it before the initial test. I have tried reading a number of police manuals resulting with me writing down and learning any unusual words that I had difficulty spelling. Have you guys got any ideas about techniques that I could use to improve my spelling? Thanks.

    • 6 replies
    • 480 views
  10. janinnegibson
    Started by janinnegibson,

    Hi guy's, I am 31 and i have 3 children - i was made redundant from work about 3 months ago and decided it was my time to do what i have wanted to do since i can remember...join the police. I don't have a lot of confindence but i have drive and ambition - since reading some of the comments on here it has made me feel lots more confident in myself and my ability. I am not as academic as some of the younger one's on here and wondered how important the maths and english part of the application is? I have lots of life experience, having my first child when i was 17 and getting up off of my backside rather than being another statistic to name but one. I had my own business f…

    • 7 replies
    • 289 views
  11. jaybo1546620504
    Started by jaybo1546620504,

    hi can anyone help me settle my mind a little, I am slightly worried about the vetting. as in november I was made redundant, then didn't work until Feb not through choice, I then changed my job again at the begining of this month due to financial reasons as I needed to earn more money. I haven't let anyone know yet as there has been no oppotunity as all has happened so quickly. However I have a funny feeling my new employers are gonna be miffed when they find out that I am trying to get into the police and feel they might give me a bad reference. Can anyone see this turning into a problem for me? Any advice from anyone would be nice. Jay

    • 11 replies
    • 694 views
  12. sweetsoutar
    Started by sweetsoutar,

    wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooop just opened my letter to find i passed my a/c!!!!! Next stage my interview and keyboard skills test! Advice would be amazing! OOOO no im shaking so much, i really thought i'd failed! Thanks guys and congrats to all who have got alot futher than me!!

    • 14 replies
    • 200 views
  13. PMC81
    Started by PMC81,

    I've been informed I have passed the application form part which is good news......!

    • 24 replies
    • 654 views
  14. clavicle06
    Started by clavicle06,

    Hello people,I havnt posted here in a long time. So I'm sorry if this question Has been asked a billion times over! Anyway, the met police. Do you need to posses a full drivers licencee ON application Or can you apply aslong as you are working towards one? I did check the internet,and the website said it was ok to apply as long as you were working Toward obtaining a drivers licence, but I'm worried the website may be out of date,hoping someone Here might know for sure and give me a definite answer. Thanks Stephen

    • 2 replies
    • 246 views
  15. barrymills
    Started by barrymills * ,

    Hi, Hoping someone can help me here, I applied for strathclyde police last year and got to my final interview, where i got told to come back in a year. I can re-apply in October but i am wanting to apply for the MOD police but i was unsure if i had to wait until October of this year to apply for this? Thanks

    Tony Hayes1546620444

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.