Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. sampierce55
    Started by sampierce55,

    I want to apply to Merseyside specials now whilst I am waiting for the recruitment to open for regulars so is it possible to apply for both, also does anybody know when they will open up recruitment i heard it was the end of this month but I am not too sure, Sam

    • 3 replies
    • 272 views
    spannermonkey2009
  2. STUART0300
    Started by STUART0300,

    C'mon spill the beans if you've been there before?.... or just any tips would be appreciated lol...

    • 1 reply
    • 142 views
  3. krycerz
    Started by krycerz,

    anybody ? I read a few books, done a few courses

    • 0 replies
    • 301 views
  4. GrannySmiff
    Started by GrannySmiff,

    Hi, I would like to know how does the real numerical reasoning test compare with the examples given in the NPIA information for candidates booklet at the back. As these are easy enough but I feel the real one must be of a higher calibre surely??. I ask as I purchased one of the books from Amazon and the ones in there are a lot harder but I am not sure if that is so if you prepare for those you will fly through the real ones or that's actually the standard. Cheers.

  5. gridgirl
    Started by gridgirl,

    Hi Does anyone know the stipulations on Post Natal depression? Is it treated the same as other depressions as I suffered a mild form of it after having my little girl but wondered how they looked at this matter as according to my doctor around 70% of women suffer some sort of 'baby blues' or post natal depressionafter having a baby and all settles down

    • 3 replies
    • 132 views
  6. DMCN
    Started by DMCN,

    For the purpose of a pre-vetting I would like to check my credit rating, does anyone know of the most reliable and accurate source to use for this matter? Thank you

    Tony Hayes1546620444
  7. Sheffield
    Started by Sheffield,

    Hi all, I have passed the application process and been given a couple of possible A/C days. I have seen people referring to grades for their applications, when do you get these as I haven't received any? Also I understand GMP do taster days , are these for everyone or are they just positive action days? Cheers...

    • 0 replies
    • 167 views
  8. spannermonkey2009
    Started by spannermonkey2009,

    Evening folks, does anybody know when the met are going to be recruiting again. Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 264 views
    IAmHere1546620512
  9. george76271546620128
    Started by george76271546620128,

    Is nigh on impossible. Been trying all day and the phone just rings out. Im trying the main number again but they seem to just give out direct numbers... and I have a pub to get to

    • 6 replies
    • 404 views
    Cassius Bojangles
  10. tev32
    Started by tev32,

    I'm looking to apply for the Strathclyde Police Force in the future and I'm seeking advice with regard to convictions. I was done for drink driving on 11/11/2003. I received a 15 month driving ban along with a £400 fine which I followed out. I also received a letter from the procurator fiscal with regard to urinating in a street one evening (which I am a shamed of) but I dont have the dates to disclose this. Is their anyone I could contact to find the exact dates to disclose it in my application. I have sent away to check my records via the police force and this warning wasnt on it but I wouldnt like to fail because I didnt disclose this or the vetting uses other recor…

    • 5 replies
    • 887 views
  11. mr luvpants
    Started by mr luvpants,

    I have an unusual question (well I think so)! I had a skiing accident in Jan of this year and hurt my shoulder. I then had my Day 1 (Met) at the end of Jan. I went to my doctor in February as my shoulder was still hurting.I had some physio and the doctor referred me to a specialist. I had my day 2 in March and told occ health the truth and that I had an appointment with a specialist and that the injury was not stopping me doing my job. I am a firefighter and have not had any time of work because of the injury. The Nurse went to the occ health doctor and he said that as I was still at work as a fire fighter which is obviously a very manual job, he was happy and said the i…

  12. Lax1546620459
    Started by Lax1546620459,

    Had to defer my entry from April until the 29th of June intake for the MET just wondered if anyone else had their start date in June yet ?!

  13. CateB
    Started by CateB * ,

    I've been waiting for about 2 months for my vetting to come through, just for an Admin job, and was horrified to receive a letter this week saying that my vetting was 'unsatisfactory'. I'm really upset because I cannot think of anything in my background or that of my family that would have affected my chances. I've asked for more information but they've not come back to me yet, can anyone tell me whether they are obliged to disclose the details of where I have failed, or am I going to just be left not knowing what has affected my chances of this job, and also any future jobs that require full vetting processes.

    • 1 reply
    • 526 views
  14. Kyria1546620475
    Started by Kyria1546620475,

    Hi all Can anyone tell me how long of a break you get between the warm up to level 3 and the actual 5.4 bleep test please? Or am I correct n thinking you just carry on straight from the warm up into the actual test? Many thanks Ky

    • 17 replies
    • 532 views
  15. wobblygob
    Started by wobblygob,

    Hi Can anyone help me? How long does the assessment centre results last for? I thought it was 18 months I could be wrong and it could be a year. I failed by 1% for Lincs nearly 18 months ago. I'm hoping have some evidence that it is 18 months and transfer if possible.

    • 1 reply
    • 254 views
    bulletproof1546620364

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.