Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. sweetsoutar
    Started by sweetsoutar,

    Hi guys! Just wondering if anyone no's the website where i posted my application to merseyside police, got my a/c on sunday so wanted to look over the competencies. Thanks.

    • 1 reply
    • 182 views
  2. KernowTom
    Started by KernowTom,

    What happens if you miss some training, like you become ill or have an emergency and miss a couple of days?

    • 2 replies
    • 691 views
    lcol981546081060
  3. badger831
    Started by badger831,

    after working out how this forum works - having not been on before I'm thinking my original post would be better here. So here goes; I have submitted my transfer application. I have stated that I wish for the Western Division and been told that they have vacancies there so it will be my first choice. I have submitted the various forms which are associated with my transfer application, because as we all know we love to fill in forms after several years service! What I don't know is what the shift patterns are. What is the likely posting, would it be initially be on to a response team and is there a southern living allowance? Is there anything I need to be aware of or c…

    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views
  4. DeLorean
    Started by DeLorean * ,

    Hello there, I have recently been to an assessment day in Oxford (Kidlington) for the position of a Special Constable. All went well except the interview, which was a complete disaster. My question is this, can I apply to be a regular without waiting the six months? Failing that, does the six month cool-off period apply only to the force I applied to ( Thames Valley ) or all forces? Thank you very much for having a look. :)

    • 0 replies
    • 148 views
  5. spanik
    Started by spanik,

    Hi all Can anyone tell me at which point do I find out which borough i will be working in? I have been given my start date but no mentioning of borough. Thanks

  6. marcj
    Started by marcj,

    Hi, ive just done my medical at west mercia, does anyone no how long i can expect to wait before hearing of a possible start date?

    • 3 replies
    • 310 views
  7. walshster
    Started by walshster,

    Just thought i'd see if anyone else is going on the above date. Only found out two days ago and now i'm revising like the clappers.

  8. walshster
    Started by walshster,

    Hi everyone, just wondering whether you get given another copy of the westshire pack on your actual day 1 ?????? i'm trying to mesmorise the equality policy statement and code of conduct but it just seems to be going in one ear/eye and out the other . thanks Mark

  9. george76271546620128
    Started by george76271546620128,

    So, I am currently sat here with my Borough Selection form for the Met. Whilst I spend the next 3 hours looking at each borough page on the Met website at stats etc any of you currently serving with the met who would like to add their 2 pennies worth ?

  10. KernowTom
    Started by KernowTom,

    Is it practical to bring my (push)bike Is there someone secure I could leave it in the building, or prehaps even in my room? Don't want to be leaving it locked out on the street everyday Also with regards getting to Hendon, what is the tube route you take, finding it a bit confusing on the website. It looks as though it would be so much easier to just ride straight up Edgware Road to Colindale.

    • 7 replies
    • 810 views
    Lax1546620459
  11. Mike798184
    Started by Mike798184,

    I'm pretty sure that during my interview on a/c day the questions asked of me will not be as rigid as they are on the application form. Is it likely I will be asked to display the core competencies as outlined in the information already given to me, but with added questions within the five minutes. In other words, will I be expected to reel off five minutes of speech without interruption? Many thanks in advance

    • 2 replies
    • 206 views
  12. djgaz
    Started by djgaz,

    Hi all i passed paper sift on the 28/1/09 had a call beginning of Feb from recruitment who asked me if i wanted to go on the reserve list for march but i turned them down as i have dyslexia and will need more time to study. i was then told a/c woud be june or july much better for me.Any one els been given these dates for a/c. yours gaz.....................................

  13. mrwalsh69
    Started by mrwalsh69,

    is anybody else starting Sulhamstead on 26th May??

    • 1 reply
    • 478 views
  14. Bluesky1546620266
    Started by Bluesky1546620266,

    Hi all, I'm hoping that someone can give me an idea of how the hours/weeks are structured during training and also how the shift pattern works at Reading/Cowley/Thame for example. I may be wrong, but from what I gather on the forum, training is for about 35 weeks at either Sully/Aylesbury/Abingdon (depending on BCU) and in that time you switch between class-based training and tutored training with a constable at your station at pre-determined week intervals. Once you have completed that bit, you go onto full shift pattern at your station to complete your training and NVQ (2 years in total????) Can someone please explain the weeks and hours for entire the training peri…

    • 9 replies
    • 1.4k views
  15. dom88
    Started by dom88,

    I hopefully will be on the August 3rd intake and was simply wondering do we work through xmas with xmas day and boxing day off as per usual employment or do we have a week or two off. I'm asking because if I do get Aug (fingers crossed!) the 18 week break will be on w/c 1st Dec whereas my Mrs who is a teacher doesnt finish till 2 weeks later or so on. I really don't mind working over christmas but its just a thought that springs to mind. Any help, as always is appreciated! Cheers Guys and Gals, Dom

    • 0 replies
    • 230 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.