Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Ollie1979
    Started by Ollie1979 * ,

    Could anyone tell me what roles you are excluded from carrying out in the Met if you suffer from Trichromacy or Red/Green colour blindness. I think firearms is one role, if anyone can list other roles I would be grateful. Thanks

  2. sunnie1990
    Started by sunnie1990,

    Hi applied for the role of a PC and sent of my application on the 23rd of April but still haven't heard anything from the MET. Is anyone in the same position as i am as I'm getting kind of worried .

    • 3 replies
    • 346 views
    Scotia1546081133
  3. Bishnu
    Started by Bishnu,

    Evening all. May I say you are all looking lovely tonight? Just wondered if anyone can offer any words of advice/encouragement/support*delete as appropriate* All in all I have been in the application process with the Met for about a year now. Filled in application in June last year. Day 1 in Feb. Day 2 was in May. Vetting all passed and checked. I have been on medical hold since then due to the fact that I have hearing loss in my left ear due to a perforated ear drum. Been waiting ages to get my date for an appointment with the specialist to clear me. but every time I ring up, I get told that there is a massive backlog and they are trying to get through it. My hearing is…

    • 6 replies
    • 261 views
  4. JeffaCake
    Started by JeffaCake,

    Still waiting on my day 1 results from 16th June, its been over 3 weeks now and I hear that there is a postal strike for the rest of the week!! Just wanted to know if the MET can notify us through e-mail or phone becasue of the strike? I'll ring them if haven't heard anything by the end of the week... Cheers

  5. joeyjoey
    Started by joeyjoey * ,

    basically im 20 year old lad i applied to the police early this year and failed my competencies and am now moving to scotland where i was thinking of applying to the police up there however the letter from the force i applied to said i would have to wait 6 months to reapply but on strathclyde website it says 12 months between applications . Which one is correct or do neither apply? if anyone had any info i would be thankfull for your help. Cheers

    • 0 replies
    • 198 views
  6. scorpio80
    Started by scorpio80,

    Ok so I have my assessment on the 30/06/09, I’m pretty well prepared all apart from the nerves, and I only have one main question… Challenging an inappropriate comment Apologies if this has already been raised, please direct if so. It’s not that I don’t know when an inappropriate is being made or that I am nervous to challenge it, probably the complete opposite. I don’t the Talking Blues course and on my final scenario I challenged the inappropriate comment like so.. ‘’Mr….. Obviously I want to assist you as best I can to resolve the issue in hand, but I will not accept such rude, discriminatory, or insensitive comments’’ Once the actor had made a…

    • 31 replies
    • 1.5k views
  7. Patrick86
    Started by Patrick86,

    hi everybody, ive got my final interview for tayside coming up soon and it would be great to hear how you prepared,what kind of questions/scenarios you were asked? any advice greatly appreciated.

    • 3 replies
    • 721 views
  8. walshster
    Started by walshster,

    Hi all, i've got my day 1 in about 3 weeks and i'm having a moment of panic. I've been praticing some of the numerical tests in the 'How to pass The New Police Selection System' book and i can just about manage 14-15 questions within the time limit of 12minutes. Maths has never been a strong point of mine and now i'm bricking it. I was just wondering what the minimum pass rate is for the Maths test - i'm obviously going to keep revising and strive to improve but if i have a rough idea , it may help ease the pressure a little. thanks in advance Mark P.s Sorry if theres a post on this already, i tried to look but didn;t see one .

    • 8 replies
    • 617 views
  9. janinnegibson
    Started by janinnegibson,

    Hi guy's, I have contacted Northumbria Police and also Cumria Police to find out when they will be recruiting again - Northumbria said that they won't be recruiting for PC's or PCSO's in the near future so i have put my name on the list for Cumbria. I was hoping someone would have an insight as to when they are planning on recruiting again?! I desperately want to go further now and just want to be able to begin the application process, all i can do at the moment is do my research and get my fittness levels up to sratch...it's frustrating not knowing how long it will take before an opening even comes up! Janinne x

    • 2 replies
    • 388 views
    janinnegibson
  10. Tazer
    Started by Tazer,

    I've heard alot of people say they have friends that have moved to the Met and wish they hadn't This could be just sour grapes. In my force my TPT team is made up of 20 PC's 2 PS and 1 PI I,ve been told that in the met you can have 200 pc,s 20ps' and 5 pi's and you just become a number so to speak

  11. MikeIndiaKiloEcho
    Started by MikeIndiaKiloEcho,

    Hi all, I got turned down for a PC role in September 2007 for urinating in an alleyway (nowhere near a door or anything, near a drain and on grass aswell) on 14 july 2007. My question is, when will my "time be spent" so to speak. I dont want to apply to early, be turned down and have to wait another year. I have no other encounters with the police, juve or adult, dont take drugs, dont smoke and am more than fit enough for the police. Its all i want to do and its driving me mad that a tiny misdemeanour is keeping me out. What else could i do to boost my employability? Ive tried applying for special but the same thing is keeping me out All advise is appreciated mike…

    • 3 replies
    • 449 views
    MikeIndiaKiloEcho
  12. TMelt
    Started by TMelt,

    Are we allowed to use the same examples used in the competency section of the application form in the interview?

    • 1 reply
    • 564 views
  13. Jimbo83
    Started by Jimbo83,

    Hi guys, just made my first application. I was wondering if anyone knew what the process was here on in. Will I be asked questions based on my application form at any point? The speaker at the event said someone from Hendon may call, but I was wondering if I should revise them prior to any call up (providing I get through of course!). Many thanks for any advice, James

  14. Pumpkin83
    Started by Pumpkin83,

    I have my AC next week and I am nervous about all of it but especially the maths! This is not my strongest skill and after getting the book 'How to pass the new police selection system', I am very worried! I know I need to practice long division, multiplication etc but does anyone know if you can actually fail on the maths section and therefore fail the assessment? Is there a minimum score to get or will it all just go towards the final mark? Thank you! (one anxious Cambs applicant)

    • 5 replies
    • 292 views
  15. solo1546620454
    Started by solo1546620454,

    I just sent off my application to the Greater manchester police I am now also playing the waiting game is there anyone else on here that has applied to the GMP around the same time the 11th march. It would be good to share any nerves or problems with reguards to the assesment centre, providing I see you there but you don't get anywhere without positive thinking. Good luck

    • 51 replies
    • 5.6k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.