Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. OllieG
    Started by OllieG,

    Hello everyone, Im new to the forum so just thought id say hi. I have passed my day one and two with essex and just got my date for my medical in September. Does anyone know what the pay is for Essex police is on starting? How long do people normally wait after the medical for a start date?

  2. Palmer85
    Started by Palmer85,

    Hey guys got the call today and i am starting in hendon on september 7th, If anyone else is, post in here and we can get to know each other, due to my vetting issues the people i had my day 2 with are ahead of me : ( haha! Anyway i will also take this opportunity to thank everyone that has helped me along the way. To those that are unfortunate enough to not get in, keep trying and never give up even when you think you cant stand anymore. All i can say is the set back and waiting were all worth it! for me i am now going to listen to Bob dylan's "Times are-a changing" feels very apt right now

    george76271546620128
  3. toadymc
    Started by toadymc * ,

    Hi, is anybody also so nervous about the day one? What do I have to expect? I need help ...

    ambermari1989 *
  4. meric_c47
    Started by meric_c47,

    Hello! Have my day on 3rd of August, does anyone else? I'm nervous as hell, anyone got any tips/advice? I think i've got the competencies covered and have interview answers prepared and am trying to clue myself up on customer services issues so touch wood i'm doing enough prep! Any other thoughts would be greatly appreciated and it would also be really nice to hear from anyone who is going to Hendon on the 3rd of August! Thanks guys, Chris

  5. Pie128
    Started by Pie128 * ,

    Hi all, I almost feel like a criminal as to what im about to disclose. however id rather be open about it and admit some guilt to the offence but hope it doesnt impead my police application!! id be gutted otherwise. I've served in afghanistan and have no crimianl convictions under my name. i was in a store and for some stupid reason though it'd be pro active putting 2 items in my pockets as i was struggling to hold what i had in my hands at the time. i fully see why this was seen as theft but i had full intention to pay for these at the till. Upon scanning in all the items in my hands at the express checkout i forgot about the 2 in my pocket and (the obvious) bag of g…

  6. thai
    Started by thai,

    Hi people, excuse the script here........ Well I got a call from vetting today. Now, when I transfered my results I believe they would transfer my details and past history too. They didnt. I had the info on my computer which crashed had to fill it in again, which I did to the best of my knowledge and informed them I was not totally sure- see I have had quite a few jobs. Vetting questioned the jobs and why so many, I explained that firstly my childhood at school and with my father left me with so little confidence that I felt I was no good at anything. So I did very little with my life until I got to 25 and realised, having got shot of my father...that actually I was wor…

    • 11 replies
    • 920 views
  7. lUcKy StRiKe
    Started by lUcKy StRiKe,

    Hi, I feel like an idiot having to ask but can anyone who is either a current Student or a serving Officer with Sussex Police give me an insight in to the shift pattern worked? Are they 12 hour shifts? Is it one week days followed by a week of nights or do things follow a different pattern? Do you work 9 - 5 (or similar) as a Student and then change on to a rota at a later date? Is it a 40 hour basic working week or 48 hours? It would just be nice to be able to have all the facts so I can explain the working hours to my girlfriend!

    • 10 replies
    • 6k views
  8. Smit6000
    Started by Smit6000,

    Hello everyone, Sorry if this has previously been discussed, but what did everyone who recently went to a Day 2 wear? I do not want to turn up looking too over dressed or under dressed! Cheers!

  9. P4UL
    Started by P4UL,

    Alright everyone, just thought I'd explain how my day went! - It's an extremley knackerin' day if i'm being honest, I got home and just passed out on the couch, mainly because your brain is constantly thinking about what your going to do next etc. It's just a non-stop day! I started with the interview, which I wasn't too bothered about - Everything is very 'one on one', as in your sat right infront of the interviewer in a box room... Quite nerve racking, it takes a lot out of your memory as it's hard to think of any scenarios... I tended to say the same thing quite a lot. The maths tests aren't too bad, it's just the time limit that does it - I think the time limit is t…

    • 5 replies
    • 586 views
    Lee.S1546620511
  10. Cicero1546620526
    Started by Cicero1546620526,

    Hi, I'm due to start with Merseyside Police on August 3rd. My understanding is that we start over at Mather Avenue on the 3rd - and we are there for approx. 4 weeks, at which point we start over at Lea Green in St Helens. Just a quick question - is there any chance of hopping in a car with someone else who is also starting around the same time? I currently live on the Wirral, but I was planning on moving over to Liverpool once the first months pay arrives - so ideally I'd be looking to hop in a car somewhere in Liverpool. If anyone is able to do this and is interested let me know; obviously I can contribute some cash towards petrol! Everyone wins :)

    • 0 replies
    • 186 views
    Cicero1546620526
  11. Terry88
    Started by Terry88,

    Hi, got my start date a couple of weeks ago. Am well pleased!!!! I was just wondering if anyone else on here is starting their training at Essex on the 27th? If so, Hi.

    • 7 replies
    • 626 views
  12. Louise.
    Started by Louise.,

    Im jumping the gun a bit, as i havent even passed the assessment centre yet. If I was to pass everything and manage to get a start date that was 6 months or so in the future, would I be allowed to travel for 4 months before I start as vetting would be completed? Or is this not a good idea? I would see it as a sort of 'short gap year'. Anyone got any ideas? Sorry if ive posted in the wrong place or it doesnt make sense!

    • 5 replies
    • 509 views
  13. hughesy
    Started by hughesy,

    I recently had my assessment day for the GMP. I belive i did quiet well in my roll plays and mental tests and resonabily well on the written test(bar a couple of spelling mistakes), but messed up big time in the interveiw!i was unable to answer the first question, and needed prompting on the other three questions. does anybody know the pass mark for the intrveiw, or does anybody know how much of a big deal this could be?

  14. K2rsty
    Started by K2rsty,

    Hi All, Does anyone have any idea as to when Essex will be recruiting? I have been looking on the website everyday since September and still there is nothing. I was just hoping someone would know something! Thanks, Kirsty

    • 2 replies
    • 281 views
  15. Lee.S1546620511
    Started by Lee.S1546620511,

    Would like to say all the best to everyone that is doing the A/C tomorrow, thursday and Friday. I have mine tomorrow at 7.45am. Nervous, but confident at the same time. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

    • 6 replies
    • 199 views
    Lee.S1546620511

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.