Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
i had not filled out my vetting form properly and was not aware of that till i was at my Day 1, i was asked to write down the year in which my parents came to this country, i phoned up my sister and asked her, i wrote down the date she told me, i later found out that i had made a mistake by 2 years I dont know what to do now?? is this a big problem? is it going to effect my application?? everything else about me im sure is fine, i havent changed my name or moved house so finding info on me should be easy, student did a few part timejobs, but is this error going to be a big problem Help!! Aman
-
I have recently passed the paper shift for my application to become a police officer for Avon and Somerset Constabulary. I have had a dyslexic report done which will be sent in to the force soon. My question is in the test will I be allowed to use a calculator as I'm a registered severely dyslexic? Do dyslexic get to use calculators as well as extra time or is that a big no? Anyone? Thanks Jez
-
Hi all I was a bit unsure as to where to place this post, but as it contains my application news, I thought why not here! On that note, I passed the day 2 assessment for the Met on Fri and am now just awaiting security checks ! My question however is this; I was given a piece of paper regarding obtaining Hepititas B jabs prior to commencement of training at Hendon, however all of the GP surgeries listed where I could get this done were (naturally) in London. The problem is, I live in Gloucester so I was wondering if this is a 'service' I can obtain at my local GP? If so, does it cost and most importnantly, will it hurt LOL!?! Thanks for any advice…
-
- 12 replies
- 1.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
hey, ive been doing research and apparently your required to do your own learning in the time between being accepted and your start date, i would love to know what reading/learning/books etc are required, im desperate to get started, so please if you know what were suppost to learn or would be useful to learn please post it here, or if you know any really helpful books to get started on learning the law side of things, as well as getitng started on training. appologies if this can be posted many times before Thanks :) Josh
-
Hi Would anyone mind sharing their methods of memorising the definitions please? I would be interested to hear from as many people as possible, who have got the patience, to tell me how you learned (or are still learning) yours. Many thanks in advance Leischen26
-
- 14 replies
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi All, Just wondered if anyone has failed on here due to their references? I am slightly concerned whether I could fail because of my sick record. Does anyone know the criteria for the met? Aimes
-
- 1 reply
- 258 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Im currently waiting on a start date for the met but one of my sick dates I put down was the day I had my day one. I couldnt get the day off work and they couldnt reschedule it so was left with no choice but to pull a sickie but now im worried they could pull me up on this? Any help appreciated as always
-
Originally had my day 2 on July 1st, but had to change because I couldn't get the time off work told I would have to be booked on to the next earliest which was 21st August!! Big relief Rang though rang back and was told I can be put on to Friday 3rd july!! Phew Anyone else going this day?
-
- 4 replies
- 266 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi all. This is my first post but I have used this forum in preperation for my a/c and found it very usefull. I had my a/c on 19th June and results are due w/c 13th July. I'm worried about them being delayed by the postal strike and my doctors appoinment is on the 15th, which I had to fight to get even though I rang them the minute I got out of hendon. Does anyone think I should contact recruitment as I won't get another appointment if I cancel this one because my results have not arrived? And what number would I need to call? Thanks for any replies and good l…
-
- 40 replies
- 1k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I was just wondering if anyone has any examples of this? "Minor convictions and/or cautions may not prevent you from joining the police." as in which "minor" convictions are accepted by the police.
-
been given a start date for septmeber 7th. wooo hooo yay
-
- 6 replies
- 435 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I'm there tomorrow & I'm now nervous which is not really like me! I know I've prepared and I can deal with the pressure but I really don't like role playing. It makes me feel like such a fool & I'm worried I'll mess up because it's not real. That I can deal with! Anyone with some encouraging words out there?
-
Hi i'm new to the forum, I am looking to apply for the essex police there does not appear to be any openings available. Does anyone know when the application process will re-open? Also is it likely for a 20 year old with no police experience to be accepted? What age to most people apply for the police?
-
- 1 reply
- 303 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Have just recieved a call from North Yorkshire Police inviting me to attend an assessment centre in August. I was moe than a little surprised as I was initially told that whilst I have passed the application I was to be put on hold until further notice. Apparently they have opened up another assessment date and I am going on the 20th Aug! Any other people got that call today and can anyone give me any advice on what to expect, preparation etc? many thanks Ms M
-
is it different for all forces? my optician filled in a sheet for already, does this mean eye tests will not be done? if they are done is it just the same as when your in the opticians?