Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Mark0011546620519
    Started by Mark0011546620519,

    I wonder if anyone can help. I am currently waiting for my final interview (Sept). I just got by with my AC pass mark being 51%, Oral 100%, written 67% etc so was pleased at the pass. My only concern is that they up the pass mark whilst I'm still going through the final stages of the process and I have to start again or transfer to another force. Does anyone know if this has happened?, hopefully I'll be ok but I'm hereing that some forces are upping the grade and was wondering what would happen if they did. I know most forces are 50% thanx if you can help

    • 0 replies
    • 225 views
    Mark0011546620519
  2. SG1
    Started by SG1,

    Hey, Think this was MancSprock's idea to start a thread of all of us who had fitness tests and medicals in June and July and are now waiting for vetting and reference checks to come back. I had my medical on Tuesday and I'm just waiting now. Hoping to start in October. Thought it would be good if we could all chat in this thread and see where everyone who didn't make it on to the August intake is up to.

    • 5 replies
    • 307 views
  3. ilikeabeer
    Started by ilikeabeer,

    We are nearly there guys...and gals....medicals and final vetting then we await a start date. Got mine on June 11th first thing in the morning... If it's anything like the PCSO medical it's a visit to the nurse for hearing, eyesight, lung capacity and pulse measurement test. Urine sample and the dreaded weight and height (BMI calculation) test. Then a trip next door for the doctor to check your bits and pieces, touch your toes etc and thats it.....eeeek!! Only a week to go for me....whens everyone else booked in??? and any other advice

    • 30 replies
    • 1.2k views
  4. thieftaker2b
    Started by thieftaker2b,

    Anyone else been given a provisional Sept 28th start date for Hants police. It's been a while now to say the least and I for one am allowing myself to get excited again.

  5. Janski
    Started by Janski,

    Does anyone know if any Midlands forces (other than Nottinghamshire) are currently accepting transferees?

  6. mshep10
    Started by mshep10,

    Hi How sign application when emailing it back?? am i suppose to scan a signed copy and email it back or do i jst not sign it when emailing it back??

    • 2 replies
    • 484 views
  7. charlie22
    Started by charlie22 * ,

    Hi, I have my medical and fitness this Thursday for the Met at the Peel centre and was wondering if anyone who knew the area could tell me if there was any parking near by? thanks.

    • 4 replies
    • 267 views
  8. dougal12
    Started by dougal12,

    Does anyone know how many indicators you need to 'hit' to gain a particular grade in a competency you are being assessed against? For example, if you hit 2 positive indicators in the rrd interview question then is that a grade D?

    • 5 replies
    • 267 views
  9. mishy999
    Started by mishy999,

    Hey everyone, I have a query on brothers and sisters that you dont know about. I know my dad had children before however, i don't know how many, what their names are or where on this earth they live. Therefore i could not put them on my application form. Do you think this will affect me in anyway. My dad passed away so can't get any info from him. Mishy

    • 1 reply
    • 257 views
    Tim in the South
  10. thieftaker2b
    Started by thieftaker2b,

    Does anyone know if you can take just one day off during initial training. I have a special family event which falls on a Wednesday after I start training. I know you can't take a holiday but what about one day?

    • 1 reply
    • 716 views
  11. Guest beat bobby
    Started by Guest beat bobby,

    hey guys due to start training soon and have just got the letter about the drug screening. whats the deal with this does anyone know? reason i'm asking is last april i took some coke and an ecstasy on a stupid night out. life wasn't great at the time and thats why i went off the rails a bit. never done it since and never would was not a good experience. all this happened before i decided to join the police. now i'm worried they'll kick me out cos of a stupid mistake a year ago. to keep everyone from putting their opinions on this, everyone make mistakes, anyone who says they haven't hasn't lived. any help would be greatly appreciated thanks j

    • 26 replies
    • 4.6k views
  12. PatPatPat
    Started by PatPatPat,

    aaaaPatPatPat2010-07-04 21:07:26

  13. will251
    Started by will251,

    When doing form online, it asked for previous surname of my mum, but there seems to be a character limit and I cannot fit her pervious surname in the box Should I just leave it out?

    • 2 replies
    • 388 views
  14. Kyria1546620475
    Started by Kyria1546620475,

    I'm really annoyed with myself - I ran the bleep test this morning and couldn't get past 3.5! I have my test in 6 days!!!!!!! Would you suggest: A. Call them and cancel and ask for another date. B. Go along next week and humiliate myself just to get the practice and then wait for another date. C. Run non-stop for the next 6 days and hope that the benefits outweigh the negatives. To be honest I'll probably do the last one but some encouragement would really be useful at this point. I haven't been able to run as much as I should have because of recent eye surgery (For the job) but I seriously didn't think I was this bad. Bearing in mind I'll need to warm up to level 3 …

  15. KiftyGTI6
    Started by KiftyGTI6,

    Hi guys newbie here. I have been looking at this site for weeks now and have only just introduced myself (sorry). Had the big envelope through the post this morning and to my amazment I passed. Like other stories I have read on here I really did think I failed. Just want to say thank you to everyone who posts on here because without your help I no I would have failed. I failed in 2004 for Thames Valley and finally got the courage to apply again for West Mercia after having a child with my girlfriend. What I would say to everyone is keep trying and use the info on this forum. Thanks again people

    • 7 replies
    • 174 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.