Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Pumpkin83
    Started by Pumpkin83,

    Hey all, I just wanted to share in my excitement! Got my result back today from Cambs - exactly two weeks from the day I did the AC so very impressed... the opening of the envelope was a nerve wracking event! Skimmed through the first couple of sentences in the letter expecting the words 'unfortunately' or 'fail' to appear then skimmed the rest of the letter and realised I hadnt really read it properly at all. There at the end of the first paragraph was the word I had been longing to see - successful!! Managed to get 58% overall (which Im not too impressed with but its a pass!) with 62% respect for race and diversity, 100% oral communication, 89% written communication…

    • 14 replies
    • 611 views
  2. ludvanbull
    Started by ludvanbull,

    Hi all, just a quick question to anyone in the know. I applied for a position with Dyfed Powys late last year, recieved news in february that my application was successful, but a few weeks later was told that due to the high success rate with applications, the earliest i 'could' be assessed was spring 2010. My questions are as follows:- 1. Should i withdraw my application and hope another force comes up? 2. Do the powers that be check the 6 month rule between applications? 3. Has anyone here ever applied to more than one force at a time? Any opinions would be welcome.

    • 4 replies
    • 692 views
  3. Squirrels
    Started by Squirrels * ,

    Hi, would just like to ask if anyone can give any helpful suggestions on what to expect in question form, I've passed the assesment centre and am now heading for the interview in 3wks and really want to do well.

    • 1 reply
    • 326 views
    Cicero1546620526
  4. karl1981
    Started by karl1981,

    Hi all just wondering if anyone else on here is in the same boat as me and waiting to here on a start date with North Wales Police. Would be good to hear off some of you if your out there..

    • 1 reply
    • 347 views
  5. ChloeEmma
    Started by ChloeEmma,

    Hey Guys!!!! just got back from my PIR test and interview for the specials for sussex.... thank god its over! was so nervous! but now im worring and my results. the maths test was horrible didnt finish it all in time! and my interview was horrible! we were told that if we have passed and we pass the medical too, we shold start training in october... HEHE!!! im so worried about my result, i should know by tomorrow wish me luck!!!

    • 2 replies
    • 574 views
  6. spanish89

    Hi i got my PCSO assessemnt day and interview date given to me last week, and got the huge pile of vetting forms and stuff. However on on eof the forms it says ''Have you completed a security questionaire before''?? And if yes it says 'give details of agency, firm, department'. And then it says 'To ensure confidentiality you should send this questionaire to the address below'. (Blank box below) For the 1st one do they mean 'have you completed the police's questionaire previously?? Or mean have you done any sort of offical securoty vetting questionaire before for other jobs or things?? Because i am having my SIA vetting done now to get my licence that i need for t…

    • 3 replies
    • 1.3k views
  7. aimes1987
    Started by aimes1987,

    Hi all, Has anyone been given an October start date? I haven't yet but am really hoping to be. Aimes

  8. clavicle06
    Started by clavicle06,

    hello. right, i have a VETTING question, sorry. i know the forum is littered with them , but mines is specific to me. i have not yet applied, but obviously im thinking ahead , exploring anything that could become an issue during my application. as far as vetting was concerned, i couldn't think of a single thing that would be a problem or stop me getting through, then i remembered something.. i killed a man... nah, i didn't. BUT about 5 or six years ago i owed a telephone company money , mobile phone stuff. it was for 180 pounds, and eventually they wrote it off and never got back to me about paying it. it HAD went through a debt collectors agency though, but it has …

    • 5 replies
    • 410 views
  9. Jedi Black
    Started by Jedi Black * ,

    Hey everyone, This is my first post on here. I had my day 2 on Weds 22nd July and wondered how it went for everyone? I must admit that I was rather disappointed witht the physical part. I guess I just think that PC's should be tested physically to a higher standard to be better prepared to face whatever they might meet. I know the test will be taken again in the first week of training but the entry level pass mark is the same. I have heard what the army and other police forces have to do and some of them are a lot more challenging. What do you guys think?

    • 5 replies
    • 201 views
  10. KiftyGTI6
    Started by KiftyGTI6,

    Hi please can someone explain to me what happens at the West Mercia Pre-med? thank you

    • 2 replies
    • 152 views
  11. mikeyhall
    Started by mikeyhall,

    Hello all, I just wanted to ask if anyone knows if its a hard process to be accepted after applying to a force in a different part of the country? I live in East Yorkshire at the moment but my local force are not recruiting and have told me that they have no plans to in the near future either. I've recently left the Armed Forces and have a real passion to join the police so I checked with lots of other forces and found that Merseyside have just opened their recruitment window. I've filled out the online application form and sent it but am a bit worried that the fact I'm not from the area will count against me. I've indicated to them that I am more than willing to move t…

    • 7 replies
    • 424 views
  12. Vortex
    Started by Vortex,

    Found my answer, no need for this thread :)

  13. Neri1983
    Started by Neri1983,

    I have my local interview with GMP in 2 weeks time. Are there any time aspects to the questions similar to the AC interview such as the 5 mins per question? I only ask because in my AC interview I did tend to run out of time alot and it is a concern to me. Thanks.

    • 3 replies
    • 228 views
  14. Keith1984
    Started by Keith1984,

    Hello I recently applied for the BTP. I was one mark away from having a Interview but I scored low on the diversity section. I answered the question to best I could. I said I am open to all cultures and able to get on with people from different backgrounds any age etc. But scored low. But the rest of the questions I scored very high. Can any one give me any tip's and advice on what to write for that section.. Thanks Keith

    • 3 replies
    • 365 views
  15. PCWAAH
    Started by PCWAAH * ,

    Hello all, Hope someone can help me on this issue. Its a bit indepth so i'll try to summarise: I'm under arrest for criminal damage, also i'm halfway through application to join MPS. Do I come clean and do the right thing, offer to pay damages etc and "get off" with a caution, and potentially ruin chances of joining? Or do i let investigation run its course, if no evidence then no problem (other than REALLY feeling bad about it and asking myself lots of questions)? Obviously if i get found guilty then i think straightforward forget joining the police. Naturally, I am asking myself the obvious question about suitability etc, but i would massively appreciate people's tak…

    • 17 replies
    • 1.2k views
    Cicero1546620526

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.