Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. helena88
    Started by helena88,

    i was just wondering whether a past history of self harm (and obviously the scars that leaves), my worst bout was over two years ago, and i completely stopped over a year ago... is this going to prevent me from joining the police?

    • 1 reply
    • 193 views
  2. StuNo1
    Started by StuNo1,

    Hi all, Got my resluts for day 1 yesterday and to my relief i passed! Now have my day 2 in 2 weeks. Physically i am quite fit. i go to the gym twice a week and will up my running to prepare for the bleep test. Just have a few questions. What level of the bleep test do i need to achieve? I understand the push and pull test is 35KG, is that correct? Am i ok to wear track suite and jumper to the day? Read some threads on here, do i really need to be able to touch my toes? Overall I am not too worried as have no issues in medical history, am fairly fit and have BMI within limits. Any help appreciated. Cheers Stuart

    • 8 replies
    • 504 views
  3. hbmariners
    Started by hbmariners,

    Hi, Anybody else got a start date for Lincolnshire regulars of 5th October 09? I got my call last Thursday, now just waiting for all the information to come through. Karl

    • 0 replies
    • 463 views
  4. Mark0011546620519
    Started by Mark0011546620519,

    Can anyone give me any advice? got my final interview coming up? I get the impression know anout the force and whats going on in it and go over your application form, it sounds like if you pass this then things start to move alot more quickly. (If I pass) I know eveyone will be nervous on the day and think they will take this into account, I've got to watch that I dont go on to much about things that arnt relevant to the question but I'm hoping all goes well. Do you find out on the day for Lancs Police if you have passed? M

    • 2 replies
    • 181 views
    Mark0011546620519
  5. Mado
    Started by Mado,

    Hey everyone, first off really nice forum here. Anyone attending the Pre-Recruitment Event at Lewes on Monday 22nd June 2009? I know it's only the first step of many but I am really looking forward to getting the ball rolling. Edit: Read more into the PCSO, looks like a full-time commitment of it's own. Is there anything else that I can do to begin preparing for the assesment stages? I checked the books sections but I'm not sure how relevant/useful they actually are. Thanks in advance Mado2009-06-17 14:40:04

    • 4 replies
    • 944 views
  6. Police868
    Started by Police868,

    Hiya i have seen that after our day1 assessment we get grades on how we answered the questions and scenarios. Does anyone know how long it will take till we get them though? thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 382 views
  7. sarah1
    Started by sarah1,

    Just passed my vetting with the met and waiting on references to be done. Is it possible if you can transer your application to another force or am i too far on in the recruitment process now?

    • 0 replies
    • 233 views
  8. Police868
    Started by Police868,

    Hiya ive got my day1 coming up, and i need to take my passport to it. However my passport expired last week and i dont yet have a new one since even though ive applied it takes roughly 2months. Will my current expired one be sufficient as ID still though for the day1??

    • 3 replies
    • 475 views
  9. gary87
    Started by gary87 * ,

    Has anyone been successful in their application where a final written or written warning was in place?

    • 4 replies
    • 730 views
  10. flowersjt
    Started by flowersjt,

    Hi can someone tell me what the requirement is to join the MET i was orignally told it was 60% But i have also been told that this has now dropped to 50% I recently did my assesment centre for Herts and scored 59% which falls below their 60% but will try to transfer to the MET if they are now 50% thanks i have also seen metions of day one and day two. for the application process i assume day one is the assesment centre what is day 2?

  11. sarah1
    Started by sarah1,

    Hey everyone just found out I passed vetting on the 25th June and was wondering how far back through your employment history do they write for references? I have had quite a few jobs thats all as I used to work seasonal contracts and dont want it to delay my application. Many thanks for any advice x x

  12. ambermari1989
    Started by ambermari1989 * ,

    Hi I was wondering if anyone who attended the recruitment event 26 May has heard anything from the Met apart from the CASA Form?

    • 1 reply
    • 431 views
  13. StuNo1
    Started by StuNo1,

    Books for sale that helped me pass my asessment centre. http://www.ukpoliceonline.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=36440 Cheers Stuart

    • 0 replies
    • 140 views
  14. Rotty28
    Started by Rotty28,

    Hi People: Does anyone have any tips for the Final Interview? I found out my Interview is on the 7th May so any advice would be greatly received. Rotty28

    Lee.S1546620511
  15. Squirrels
    Started by Squirrels * ,

    Hi, new to the forum and havent had a reply. Anyone know what the BMI is for a woman for GMP and any help on what to expect on the interview questions. I passed the assesment, got the results Friday, now its the interview in 3 weeks! Talk about Nervous!

    • 2 replies
    • 505 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.