Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. label1546620523
    Started by label1546620523,

    Hi everyone, I went to my doctors this morning to get my medical form signed off and she said I needed to correct it because a good few years back when I was 16 years old, I worked in retail and after having worked there for just over one year, I was signed off for 2 weeks with a certificate due to "stress" - I personally think it was un-called for. The reason behind it was this: I was obviously very young at the time and worked in a very busy retail store. The company is HUGE and is not a good organisation to work for at all, management were a disgrace, staff were awful to work with/for and many days in a row, for hours at a time (4-5 hrs) I was left in store on my ow…

    sykes1545925530
  2. dtrofimczuk
    Started by dtrofimczuk,

    I know these questions might sound silly but would any of you be able to tell me does the room in which we do the role-play have a timer that we can see? If not, did any of you bring a watch that you referred to whilst you was doing the role-play? I am asking because while practicing with people I have found that having a little peak at the time every now and again is able to keep me on track! If I done this in the actual role-play, would this make me look rude and would I lose points? Also, I was just wondering what kind of strategy people used in the competency based interview. What I mean by this is that did you speak for the full five minutes or did you speak for abo…

  3. clavicle06
    Started by clavicle06,

    where abouts ARE the assessment centres? (im guessing that there are more than one!!) in london for the met? where abouts did you (reader) do your day 1 and 2 etc?

    • 1 reply
    • 148 views
  4. kutzl
    Started by kutzl,

    Alright. So, I'm filling out this application and I guess I am just nervous. I have been reading a lot online about how if you make one mistake, they toss your application. Am I allowed to use white-out if there is a mistake? Is it okay to say not to contact an employee? (This is based on the fact that it was a security job and I never had direct contact with the supervisor.) If it says to write NA if something is not applicable, is it a problem if I wrote N/A? I know these seem like silly questions, but I don't want to get rejected for something so small! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

  5. Vindalooney
    Started by Vindalooney,

    Hi there, I have just received my letter stating that I have just been accepted through the first stage of the process and have been given my date for the SET test on 18th August. I am looking for anyone to give me any info on the fitness testing at Jackton as I gather its 3 times round the perimeter. I am out running as much as I can just now and am determined to get through this part. Can anyone give me an insight as to what the exam process is like. I know there are the 3 tests but I am looking for some feedback as to the type of preparation i can do for this to make it as successful as possible. Desperate to get in but know that one thing tha…

  6. beady
    Started by beady,

    hi, does anyone know if you can transfer results from assessment centre to another force? have applied to kent but if i dont scorethe 60% they want wondered if i could transfer to aanother force who only want 50%? thats if i even get that! lol

    • 1 reply
    • 531 views
  7. bennyboy_760
    Started by bennyboy_760,

    My girlfriends parent has a very VERY shady past, including many convictions. However both myself and my partner have no contact with her parent and havent done for many many years ( i have never met them). I did express this on my application. Do you think that this will affect my application? I would be extreamly dissapointed if it did since they are not a blood relative and we have no relationship whatsoever. Thanks

  8. clavicle06
    Started by clavicle06,

    where abouts ARE the assessment centres? (im guessing that there are more than one!!) in london for the met? where abouts did you (reader) do your day 1 and 2 etc?

    • 0 replies
    • 109 views
  9. GeneralGinger
    Started by GeneralGinger,

    This will be my first post so i thought i best start with some questions, I will be submiting a application for Lothian and Borders Police (i currently live in sheffield), however i am only 18 now i know this is the entry age but do they tend to sway for the more "experianced in life" people but i have spent a year in Event security which at times can go hand in hand with the police. Is it entirely essential to have passed your driving test before doing so? i know it says form 1st of april 08 everyone is to have a full licence but i do have a provisinal, i just seem to lack the ability to pass at the minite I live in sheffield right now, what difficultys have people en…

    • 4 replies
    • 460 views
    GeneralGinger
  10. StuNo1
    Started by StuNo1,

    Hi all, Anyone heard back on results yet? I know the deadline is 20th but wanting to know NOW! lol Stuart

    • 17 replies
    • 664 views
  11. haylskeegan
    Started by haylskeegan,

    Hello everyone, I initially started the June 8th thread thinking I may get that as a start date but as my vetting wasn't cleared in time, I am starting this thread with the hope that I will start on this date! So, anyone thinking they may start 20th July or are still waiting etc. can post here, just waiting for that elusive letter! I guess there must be loads of people waiting for a date still so should be plenty of things to discuss! xx

  12. tambo
    Started by tambo,

    West mids uniform policy http://www.west-midlands.police.uk/foi/pub...-UEA.asp?id=144 Hope this helps any stressed new recruits like me!! Best wishes Tambo

    • 0 replies
    • 278 views
  13. Police868

    Hi just over 2years ago now i was a passenger in family car but wasn't wearing belt so got a £30 fine which i paid. No 'criminal action' was taken against me, and i wasnt given a caution, was just advised to wear one in future for my safety and given the fine. I had totally forgotten about it now since it was over 2years ago, and wasnt a criminal offence or involved any criminal cautioning or anything, and so didn't write it on my intial application form since i had just forgotten about it. However i remembered it when i saw something on tv, and then when im now looking at the vetting forms it says ''Have you ever been convicted or found guilty by any court in any co…

    • 7 replies
    • 625 views
  14. StuNo1
    Started by StuNo1,

    Hi all, I am taking my Day 2 on the 6th August and will hopefully have no issues with it. I have looked at what happens on the day and think i will be ok. Once the Day 2 is done I understand vetting and references are taken. I have no 'dodgy' issues in my or any of the people being vetted past but understand it takes 6 weeks, which is fine. Also I only have two references to get which will both be quick. Any idea how long i can expect to wait to start training? Cheers Stuart

    • 5 replies
    • 805 views
  15. grammyb
    Started by grammyb,

    Got mine 11th August, any advice would be great! Thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 181 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.