Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. toadymc
    Started by toadymc * ,

    Hi, had my 1st day in hendon on the 29th last month! I think it went well! I do know it takes up to 4 weeks to receive the result! I would like to now what happens on the 3rd day! It's vetting! But what are they going to do? Greetings, toadymc

    • 1 reply
    • 667 views
  2. Louise!
    Started by Louise!,

    Hey guys....sorry for all the annoying questions but im literally tearing my hair out! I have my final interview next Friday and im Stressing!!!! Big time! Iv reied reading up on GMP but nothing seems to be staying in my head..I have read over The Policing Pledge/Neighbourhood Policing, What are GMP's Priorities, Tackling Gun Crime, Respect for RRD in GMP... NOTHING IS SINKING IN........its all just going over my head.. Could someone who has actually done the interview tell me, How in deapth do you have to read about the force?? How much information are they wanting ? really in deapth or just basic info ? Should I focus more on Competencies? Everyone is telling me th…

    • 2 replies
    • 220 views
  3. Dawniemanc
    Started by Dawniemanc,

    Hi all I have been waiting for some time to get a start date with GMP but it has been delayed as they are still doing "final background checks". I wondered whether anybody knows what exactly the final background checks consist of as recruitment are not giving anything away. They said that Ive got nothing to worry about as they are just "tying up loose ends and crossing the T's and dotting the I's". Are the final background checks in relation to your background or spouse/family background? employment history? They obtained my current/previous employers references back in March. Its so frustrating as I have been waiting a total of 20 months and I still cant believe …

    • 9 replies
    • 1.3k views
  4. king_80
    Started by king_80,

    Just wondering what makes people apply for pcso over the post of Constable, serious answer only please.

    • 13 replies
    • 1.3k views
  5. Neri1983
    Started by Neri1983,

    Hello, I have never been in this part of the forum and i'm hoping somebody has a couple of answers for me. A couple if months ago I suddenly became short of breath, it comes and goes and it feels like I can't get a full breath, enough to satisfy. Anyway I also have been getting very irregular pains across my chest sometimes weeks apart (i go the gym alot and it occurs when I move suddenly pointing to it being a muscular problem). I have had blood tests which are fine, waiting on chest scan and ECG results. The doctor suspects it could be either asthma or anxiety. My question is would any of these two affect myself becoming a police officer? Could they reject me for it? …

    • 9 replies
    • 436 views
  6. Smit6000
    Started by Smit6000,

    Something occured to me this morning as I was searching for a potential room to rent in London, for when I receive a start date (vetting and references dependant). I have put my current situation down on my Vetting form, as I am still living in the north, but what happens if I move into a shared house when I head to the capitol? Do I have to disclose the details of the people I will share with, once I know who they are? Will they have to be vetted too? Who will need this information? The issue is, I will not commit to a move down until I have a start date, therefore, will have got through the recruitment process before I know the details of any flatmates I m…

  7. StuNo1
    Started by StuNo1,

    Found day 2 a lot more relaxed than day 1. No issues with any of the various bits. Nice to see some people again. Was amazed to still see Day 1 assesments still going on. This is some recruitment drive! I asked a member of staff about likely start dates and the news was not was i was hoping to hear! THey are currently 3 months behin with processing references and doing vetting checks. So it will take 3 months for them to even look at my documents, then a furhter 3 months before i even get a start date....Gutted! I am so keen to join and was all set for a 3 m onth wait but now it will be 6 months at the soonest which is really disapointing. I just want out of my curre…

    • 6 replies
    • 348 views
  8. captainconehead
    Started by captainconehead,

    So, after failing my last interview after totally messing up a competency question i now found myself a few days away from my interview again. All the people i went through the process with last time have now been given start dates so anyone out there due to have an interview for GMP anytime soon? I'm just hoping i get a bit luckier with the questions this time. No matter how many examples you learn for the competencies you can always be thrown a curveball that you weren't expecting. Good luck to everyone that has an interview soon. A tip would be to see the interview in 2 parts. The first is the usual printed on the letter, why the Police, why GMP, operations, shifts…

    • 14 replies
    • 1.7k views
    captainconehead
  9. Ph4ZeD
    Started by Ph4ZeD,

    Hi there. I'm applying to a UK police force for the first time, and have my day one assessment in May. I've put a lot of effort into the application process and spent hundreds of pounds on outside help too with my assessment day from a company that helps potential recruits. I'm feeling pretty confident now about my assessment days, but I'm increasingly sure that I will never pass the vetting. Heres the full story: I have a completely clean criminal record and driving licence, and so does my entire family. Both parents work in roles that required them to pass extended CRB checks - they work in senior roles for government organisations and handle confidential data. However…

    • 30 replies
    • 2.1k views
    Pinkpegasus1546620083
  10. ChrisW123
    Started by ChrisW123,

    Just a quickie, the questions they ask you in your interview at an assessment center, do they correspond to the competency questions you did in the application form? So they will ask you the comp questions from the application form and you just answer the same, but obviously a little more in depth because the interviewer will be probing with other questions? Thanks!

    • 2 replies
    • 209 views
  11. StuNo1
    Started by StuNo1,

    As the topic says. How long does it take from start to finish? Cheers Stuart

    • 8 replies
    • 403 views
  12. McEwan
    Started by McEwan,

    Hello I have my initial interview on the 8th for strathclyde, I have been doing lots of research such as my local division/sub division who the inspector is, I have also looked at the training time table at tulliallan, I am going to meet with a probationer tomorrow and was wondering what sort of information I shall try and get? Information like about current operations? Could you give me any other advice on what I should research? Also anyone else got the initial coming up?? Thanks Mark

    • 4 replies
    • 430 views
  13. captainconehead
    Started by captainconehead,

    Failed again-totally gutted. It doesn't really feel like i was given fair chance in my 2nd interview considering the feedback i was given for failing. In my first interview i walking out knowing i'd messed up. I cocked up a competency question and gave a few other weak eamples and my RRD answer wasn't strong enough. In my feedback from the 1st interview i was told my answers on why i wanted to be a police officer, why gmp,shifts ,operations were all fine and i scored top marks on them. 2nd Interview i scored top marks on my conmpetency questions this time after making sure i had prepared more, expanded on my diversity answer and kept my first set of answers the same a…

    • 1 reply
    • 328 views
  14. centurion311546620536
    Started by centurion311546620536,

    Hi All, Just wondering if there are any more CNC people on forum awaiting to be placed in 2009 - 2010. I have passed all tests and just awaiting for a course start date but I'm now not hearing much news at all. HR seem very busy lately when trying to contact. Is any one in the same boat?? I think I have spoken to a couple of guys is there anybody else out there waiting to be place around September / November 2009. all best Centurion31

    • 3 replies
    • 183 views
  15. king_80
    Started by king_80,

    I can't get my head round the time scale between stages in the process of recruitment, I believe that all stages up to vetting could be done in the same week. They seem to pick names out of a hat for the spaces on various stages. It's strange because they surely have an idea of how many places they have at any given time, they take loads of applications and put us all into a great big holding tank then filter us through as they need us. Surely we are worth more to them than they let on. I can remember on their Force website they were accepting transfer apps, now to my suprise they have cut intakes by 50% so this begs the question ,why keep accepting apps if you cannot …

    • 8 replies
    • 714 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.