Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. PMC81
    Started by PMC81,

    got my AC tomorrow, and getting the train from London to Coventry but understand I'd need to get a taxi from there to Ryton? Does anyone know how longs this takes and rough cost?

    leon1546080884
  2. Andrew28
    Started by Andrew28 * ,

    Hi, i bought two books for police recruitment, one is 'How to Pass the Police Recruitment Test' by K Ricketts, forget the other one. Both mention the numerical and verbal reasoning tests but not the other two. But what about the spelling and data transfer tests? Many thanks, a confused Andrew

    • 3 replies
    • 248 views
  3. Louise!
    Started by Louise!,

    I have managed to revise one answer for each of the competencies... can anyone tell me how much of an answer they require? It is around 5 mins worth like at the AC or are they wanting shorter answers to interview questions this time? thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 384 views
  4. Vortex
    Started by Vortex,

    Hey all, I'm currently filling in my vetting form but I am not sure whether to put my middle name on the form. I was born with a middle name but I haven't used it. My passport and driving licence do not have my middle name. Can anyone advise me if I should or shouldn't put it on? This is mainly for when I attend Police Headquaters and I show my identity I dont want there to be any confusion. PS. I've already passed the paper shift with my middle name Thanks

  5. Scootay
    Started by Scootay,

    I passed my 2 day assessment phase with the MDPGA last month and received a letter informing me that the next recruitment course will commence in Jan 2010. I went down for my medical yesterday (11/08/09) and was told they have cancelled my course. No real explanation why, not even the recruitment staff really knew. I just hope something is sorted out before my SEARCH pass expires. I can't think of many other careers where you get interviewed for a job that doesn't exist! What to do, what to do?

    • 1 reply
    • 401 views
  6. Wardlow
    Started by Wardlow,

    As you can see i have just booked my Talking Blue Course for the 30th Aug and was wondering if anyone else has this date or has been on the course before and what it was like! Really looking forward to it and to the lots of studying afterwards.

    • 4 replies
    • 626 views
  7. Flunky Turtle
    Started by Flunky Turtle,

    euuugghhh, just got a call back after constant baggering the poor people in the office's at hendon, my vetting has cleared but theyre now booked up untill october! so im looking at a six month wait for a start date anyone else in the same boat Im joining the MET btw Josh

  8. Wardlow
    Started by Wardlow,

    Just quick question as to wether you have to be SC or DV cleared or some other type as i am already SC cleared

    • 2 replies
    • 396 views
  9. sharlene
    Started by sharlene,

    Hey guys, I am writing to ask anyone for advice. I have a friend who has had his 1st interview but he has just had a phone call to say that they are querying his out goings from his bank account. Does this mean he is not going to get in? I am not too sure about this as i never got asked any of those questions. Thanks S

    • 0 replies
    • 222 views
  10. DMCN
    Started by DMCN,

    if you fail SET on say maths do you still have to sit all 3 papers on your 2nd attempt??? thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 561 views
  11. Xancross
    Started by Xancross,

    Hey, This is just a concern which has been niggling away at the back of my mind since I read it. In the application notes, and I believe the form itself. it states that UK Graduates are not required to answer the competency questions and that we should write "Graduate" as the answer for each of them - The question is - Why is this? Why are Graduates not required to answer these questions, and will my not answering put me at a lower standing than someone who does answer them? - Munklee

    • 7 replies
    • 748 views
  12. Simon09
    Started by Simon09,

    So, can anyone shed any light on what the medical involves? I've got mine in November :-)

    • 3 replies
    • 806 views
  13. brad01
    Started by brad01,

    I'm currently waiting to recieve my interview date and information, i have wrote some things down and researched into the policing pledge and campaigns, i have also done my homework on performance stats and Why i want to become a police officer etc. My question is: Are you allowed to take some information into the interview if you are required to do a presentation of some kind? Any advice on the interview in general would be much appreciated Regards

    • 1 reply
    • 215 views
  14. melville7
    Started by melville7,

    hi guys, i have my first assessment day this thursday and have a question. in the two week period since i submitted my application with a completely clean record, i received a fixed penalty of £40 for having alcohol in a public place. this happened after my application was sent away so as of yet i presume they are unaware of it. obviously, i should tell them rather than leave them to find out yes? and also, is this likely to affect my progress through the recruitment process? thanks, gordon.

    • 1 reply
    • 322 views
  15. ukfr
    Started by ukfr * ,

    Hi lately my uncle was telling me about how the local police keep a list of folk who are willing either freely or by some fee to do translation on request. Is that true? It's that I'm fluent in French but back in England with little way to use it. I wouldn't want to be a full time police officer (yet at least) so I was just wondering about this niche. It is something I guess I'd be happy to do for free in person or by phone, because it's getting involved and looks good on a CV probably. There's the French tourists/students/workers here and then also those from ex french colonies who I suppose could need translation. What do the police do in those situations? Would my loca…

    • 2 replies
    • 379 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.