Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. ajfaccini
    Started by ajfaccini,

    had a letter through the post today telling me that I need to phone recruitment asap to discuss my application, if I do not do so within 2 weeks my application wil be withdrawn. anyone got any ideas why?

    • 7 replies
    • 705 views
  2. jjfry
    Started by jjfry,

    For anyone who is interested or might be thinking of applying: Dorset Police are recruiting from 1st September. From their website:

    • 0 replies
    • 930 views
  3. jo271546620497
    Started by jo271546620497,

    Hi all, Does anyone know exactly what they are checking with this? If your credit file is fine and well managed is this all they are looking at? Or do they look into your outstanding debts and your affordability on your new salary even though no payments are missed? (many of my financial commitments are joint with my partner so looking at them would look as if I couldnt afford them on a new Constable salary however with both my patners salary and mine they are affordable) Thanks for any help or comments!

    • 2 replies
    • 794 views
  4. marcj
    Started by marcj,

    Just wondering if anyone who had ther medical for West Mercia in June had heard anything from them? I still havent!

    • 5 replies
    • 192 views
  5. 999birdie
    Started by 999birdie,

    I'm in the process of completing my application form for WMP, and have some questions about references. Provided referees meet the criteria specified (ie non-police, non-relatives, non-employers, length of accquaintance), does it matter who they are/ how they know you? Would a family friend be acceptable? Is the purpose of the reference simply to establish good character, or is there more to it than this? I would be very grateful for answers/thoughts relating to all or any of these questions! Cheers Birdie

  6. spannermonkey2009
    Started by spannermonkey2009,

    Hi folks, wondering if anyone can help me? . I am very interested in becoming a police officer, but i have a slight problem that i was hoping someone may be able to give me some advise on. Just over 5 years ago now, i recieved a juvenile reprimand for comman assault when i stupidly got myself invovled in a large fight that invovled some former friends at a local park. I dont know what started the fight off and i wasnt the one who started it, but i did get invovled as it invovled some friends. Due to my physical size for 17 years old, i was one of the 3 people that stood out. A month later my mother recieved a phone call from a local bobby asking if i could go to the sta…

    • 6 replies
    • 2.7k views
  7. leon1546080884
    Started by leon1546080884,

    hi did my assessment on the 11th of august and i am wondering how long before i hear the outcome also i applied to the btp over three years ago.

    • 1 reply
    • 345 views
  8. Dawniemanc
    Started by Dawniemanc,

    Hi all I am currently awaiting a start date with GMP. The next intake is 12th October. My application has taken longer than usual as I have epilepsy which is fully controlled by medication. Ive been in close contact with recruitment and they assured me that Ive got nothing to worry about with regards to my epilepsy. I recieved a letter from GMP yesterday inviting me to a meeting with my recruitment officer on 4th September to "discuss my application". I am hoping this is to discuss the reasonable adjustments that they are putting in place in relation to my epilepsy and in accordance to the Disability Discrimination Act. Ive done some research into this and it looks a…

    • 4 replies
    • 470 views
  9. hayleyp
    Started by hayleyp,

    I am due to start with the MET at Hendon on the 12th October - does anyone know a)when do we start getting involved in shifts - after the 5 weeks at Hendon or after the 25 weeks 'training' at your allocated college? b) does training continue over xmas? I guess this question depends on a and when we start getting involved in shifts really! Cheers for your help on this guys - would be great to know how much longer I have my weekends for and if I will be working over xmas! : )

  10. BTP_David
    Started by BTP_David,

    Hi every1 basically i did me med/fit for BTP in december 08 lol and they told me in May of this year im penciled in for January 18start date id just like to know what book are used during the initial training, and after to do with law in relation to what a Constable needs to know Id really like to get ahead of the game and have a good understanding before getting to training, i dnt wna be a smart arse and sit there knowin everything lol but would feel better getting there prepared cos its undoubtedly gna be hard to get all the studying done at Tadworth thanks for any help

    • 2 replies
    • 612 views
  11. jackfrost
    Started by jackfrost,

    I have received a default from my credit card company during the 12 months it has taken me to get to the vetting stage with the merseyside police. I have settled this default. However the recruitment dept, who are a little vague, are telling me that if I have a default then that will stop my application! This doesn't seem to tie in with what I have read about other forces. Has anybody else any experience with merseyside police, if I have paid my default should this be ok ? Strangely my credit report reads wrong as this shows me as missing last 6 months, althought the debt recovery company set a payment plan with me in june, I paid june and july and then settled the …

    • 3 replies
    • 623 views
    george76271546620128
  12. michaelcasey
    Started by michaelcasey * ,

    hello there i am very intrested in joining the force but i am stuggling to decide what way to go should i join the mod police, raf police, central Scotland or strathclyde police could somebody give me a little advice on the mod police and the raf police I have read up on there websites but i would like peoples opinions

    michaelcasey *
  13. dh1007
    Started by dh1007 * ,

    Hello, just wondering if anyone could help. I am slightly colour blind on reds and greens but I can see a reasonable percentage of plates on the ishihara test. I had a medical for the firebrigade a year ago and got referred, although I have the successful results from the optometery department at the hospital and also from an opiticians. Thus meaning I became a fireman. Can i take those with me to save the hassle of being referred again? As i have been in the recruitment process for 19months and don't want to be wasting anymore time. Cheers Dan

  14. Benj08
    Started by Benj08,

    Well with 1 week to go, I know I'm pretty nervous about this, does anyone else have there A/C with GMP or another force soon, What has everyone done to prepare? What did you find was the worst part? Ben

  15. StuNo1
    Started by StuNo1,

    Hi everyone. Passed my day 2 on 6th August. On the day I asked about likely start dates for training and they said they are 3 months behind with paperwork :0( Apparently they are getting in more staff to help get the work done more quickly. My question is, will they contact me next to let me know when vetting, refs are passed or do i have to call them? Nothing was said at the day 2 aboput what happens next or when we can expect people to be in touch??? I dont expect to hear anything soon but would be nice to know the process from here on. Cheers

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.