Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. harfi
    Started by harfi,

    Good afternoon all, Just a thread to meet anyone else on assessment at Hendon on the 22/09/2009. Im a Special in Kent and dreading the assessment lol. Also just a quick question, You tell the Met obviously 6 boroughs of choice, anyone have any knowledge on likely hood of getting Bexley Greenwich Bromley Lewisham Croydon Lambeth i guess They're the six closest to me. Thanks James

  2. DarkAlex
    Started by DarkAlex,

    I left school with 4 highers barely: Math, Geography, Computing and technological studies - not the point though. The problem is written assessments I generally tend to get the symptoms of my mind going blank etc the usual stuff we all go through however the thing is (sorry to have deviated there) is that over two failed SET tests but I have passed all the units. Ive practiced with all the papers I could buy for the police and even went back to college to do extra police specific courses. My tests were; first time I passed English and Maths but failed info handling by one mark and the second time I passed the information handling but missed the other two units by a mar…

    • 4 replies
    • 531 views
  3. Nooniepie
    Started by Nooniepie * ,

    Hi all I've been a lurker here for a while but this is my first post, apologies if I'm in the wrong place or anything. I'm hoping to apply to WYP when they eventually reopen recruitment again, however I've recently started seeing someone who has a conviction for breach of the peace from about 12 years ago and criminal damage from 2 years ago. He is also going through bankruptcy proceedings at the moment. I'm aware at this point I sound like I'm on a wind-up but I'm really not. Realistically is this going to fail my application, should I reach the vetting stage? Just to be with him will mean I have to give up a hell of a lot that I have in my life already but am I also …

    • 5 replies
    • 593 views
  4. bobby_blue
    Started by bobby_blue,

    Hello all I'm new here - thanks for all the useful info! I'm currently in the process of filling application form for MOD Police. I have a question regarding Financial Position.... 5 years ago I had a Sheriff's Court judgement made against me due to debts whilst I was a student in Scotland. 1) If declared, would that pretty much be curtains for my application? 2) If I omitted it - would I be lying, stricly speaking, since it only asks for "county court judgements" and not "sheriff court judgements"? 3) Are they going to find out about it in their vetting checks? I want to be as honest as possible. But I can't see how a debt I mad…

    • 2 replies
    • 772 views
  5. scottm78
    Started by scottm78,

    Hello, I have my assessment day on the 5th August 09 in the morning for WMP. I am desprate to do well but the things I am dreading the most are the interview and roleplays. Its not that Im affraid of the scenarios, its that its a sureal situation and it sounds like you have to act !! I've read some of the previous posts and there is some great advice. With regards to the wiltshire pack how much and exactly what is relevant info to revise??

    • 10 replies
    • 471 views
  6. jls
    Started by jls,

    Hi can anyone tell me what security vetting the CNC have is it CTC,SC or DV ? Thanks..

    • 2 replies
    • 880 views
  7. dougal12
    Started by dougal12,

    How strict are forces on this really? If you lived 50 miles away from your station and it was a 1hr 10 min journey, according to google maps/rac/aa, are they honestly going to mind?

    • 7 replies
    • 994 views
  8. ashvegas
    Started by ashvegas,

    Hello, How are the folks who start on 31st August getting on with their preparations? Thought I only needed to get a few things but the list seems to be getting longer. Handed my notice in on Friday so there's no turning back now!!!

    • 6 replies
    • 1k views
  9. Mondo87
    Started by Mondo87,

    Hi there, I'm sure this question has been answered countless times but I'm gonna go for it anyway. I have my initial fitness test at Jackton on the 4th October 0930 ( a little over a month away), I've been training quite hard since i got the letter, maybe 3 weeks ago. I timed my 1st 1.5mile at 13.28 and today was really no better at 13.15. I know I have a wee bit of time until the 4th Oct but I can't seem to get the thought of failing initial fitness out of my head. I was wondering if anyone else here has had similar problems and how they overcame this. I'm hoping on the day I'll be jacked up and ready to go but shaving more than a minute of my time, i dunno. Any help or…

    • 2 replies
    • 402 views
  10. loo-eeze
    Started by loo-eeze,

    Hello, Im really looking forward to the passing out parade at Tulli 4th Sept my husband and my sister should be passing out on this day and im chuffed for both of them Im just wondering times really, for time off my work and for organising a meal for all of us after it? Anyone recently passed out from Tulli on a Friday, what happens at it what should we expect and what times etc do you know of? Any help would be mucho appreciated ! Lou x

    • 3 replies
    • 3.5k views
  11. KiftyGTI6
    Started by KiftyGTI6,

    Had My Pre-med today I have been placed on hold for BMI. My BMI is 30.5 however, they would like me down to 28. They said it won't hold me up in the process as it is going to take until the end of the year to take the fitness test. Just gotta make sure I get it down in the 3 months. Also they are going to check while I am going through the process on a Sinus problem I have. They need more info from my consultant, hope that is ok would be gutted if this fails me. They said if what I have told them is correct it should not be a problem, but its the medical advisors decision after he/she has gathered the information. They say there maybe issues when I am exposed to the CS…

    • 2 replies
    • 483 views
  12. walshster
    Started by walshster,

    Hello ! Are the any people on here who are from Colchester who have been through the training process with the met ?? All being well, I should have a start date for Jan/Feb 2010 and I was wondering whether I should apply for section housing or whether I should stomach the commute (driving) for the first six weeks. Both have their pros and cons, but my main worry is the time spent commuting and then the studying you have to do when you get home, as my commute will be around 2hrs each way. I was hoping someone from my neck of the woods (or other, of course) could offer an insight as to how they dealt with the commute/studying or whether they went into the section …

  13. Twinkle
    Started by Twinkle,

    I am just filling in my application form and wanted to check something. About a year ago I was stopped for not wearing a seat belt (stupid I know) is this something I would need to put on the form under convictions and cautions and will it affect me in any way?

  14. jca
    Started by jca,

    Hi I have just received my application form and am eagerly thinking of answers. I then discovered the section on eyesite and am somewhat confused. Do you need to pass a requirement for both aided unaided vision? I wear contact lenses and am short sighted my prescrition is -4.75 in both eyes.

    • 2 replies
    • 221 views
  15. BigBuzzard
    Started by BigBuzzard,

    Just having a nosey on MET careers and noticed they've changed the navigation a little and added some new content/info on various roles. http://www.met.police.uk/careers/index.html Suppose this explains why theres such a back log on references

    • 0 replies
    • 271 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.