Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. thedfg
    Started by thedfg,

    Has anyone had there results who took part in the assessment centre late august time?

    • 3 replies
    • 174 views
  2. OddBod1545925606
    Started by OddBod1545925606,

    I have been checking the met police recruitment pages religously for the past 3 months waiting for something to show on the events page! Obviously to my dismay they took recruitment down last month and now this has appeared on the website: "Police Officer recruitment activity is limited. Recruitment activity is advertised in press, online and radio. Applications can only be obtained in direct response to an advertisement." Anyone know where there is an advert i can 'directly respond to'? I have spent mass's of time browsing the internet, listening to the radio etc. Im desperate to join the force so any help at all would be gratefully appreciated...…

  3. ElBearo
    Started by ElBearo,

    I am rather disappointed that after over a year of going through PCSO recruitment and finally being told 'Congratulations' I recently got a letter saying.. due to the economic downturn Sussex police will not be recruiting in 2009. Felt like a right kick in the stomach! anyone else had this? the recession does not look like its gonna end any time soon so I can only hope the need for more staff takes priority over the amount in the budget... and how much can the police budget be effected when its drawn from peoples taxes?

    • 8 replies
    • 1.7k views
  4. sparksy
    Started by sparksy,

    Hi, thought I might start a new topic to see if anyone who did their day 2 back in April has been given a start date yet. I have been sitting with the intake now for months and wondered if I have others from day 2 in the same position? Sorry forgot to say this is for the Met !

  5. sharpergriffin
    Started by sharpergriffin,

    Hi all, just wondering, I have my fitness test for west mids on the 9th October. Getting nervous now. Has anybody recently gone through this part of the process with west mids? If so how long are we talking for a start date to come through after your fitness. This is a matter if curiosity as I'm aware I haven't actually passed te fitness yet. Thanks. Scott.

    • 1 reply
    • 402 views
  6. Spoona
    Started by Spoona,

    Hi everyone, Thought i would just create this topic to see who was waiting for their medical/Fitness for kent police and to keep track of peoples prgress. I received my assessment centre results earlier in the month and have sent off the medical questionaire, i am just waiting for a date now :) Anyone else in the same position?

    • 1 reply
    • 166 views
  7. jackfrost
    Started by jackfrost,

    I am applying for Merseyside, I had my fingerprints takes 3 weeks ago! They are still saying they havent had the file back from them! Has anybody else had this problem! As once I have these back we should just be down to reference back from employer and final credit check! I cant believe it takes so long, why can't they speak to the FP dept and get an idea if the case has been dealt with! Can anyone tell me if they have had the same problem, I am now on 12 months waiting! Cheers!

    • 5 replies
    • 501 views
  8. sgt3918
    Started by sgt3918,

    I'm very happy today I've finally passed my final interview! I am now a firm believer in 3rd time lucky lol!

  9. Dawniemanc
    Started by Dawniemanc,

    Hi I thought I would set up this post for anybody who is hoping to get on the GMP October intake and so we can all keep each other up to date! I was hoping to be on the August intake but was advised by a recruitment supervisor that they are doing "further final checks" but they wouldn't give anything away! They said I've got nothing to worry about and it is just a case of "tying up loose ends" and dotting the i's and crossing the t's". My application has taken longer than most as I have epilepsy (Ive been seizure free for 4yrs) and they have had a "duty of care to make reasonable adjustments" - they have received glowing medical reports from my GP/health professio…

    special2regular
  10. Frankie123
    Started by Frankie123,

    Hey, I was unable to find a topic on this, with people in the same boat as me, so decided to start a new one. Basically was wondering who has applied to GMP back in March this year, so far i've recieved the letter telling me they got my app, and they've gone over the basic info, early June i recieved another letter saying within 6-8 weeks i will recieve another letter telling me if i've been successful (or not) with the Compentency based questions. The waiting is killling me now, quite depressing hah. Anyhow, was wondering if anyones in the same position, or already receved confirmation to attend the SEARCH centre etc? feedback would ve ace :) thanks x

  11. laurat0886
    Started by laurat0886,

    Hi everyone, I've applied to WMP and have got my assessment day this Thursday. I've just been reading previous posts on the forum regarding family member's criminal records and it looks like some people's applications have been rejected because of them! Now I'm panicking because my half brother (who is now 30 and doesn't live with me but lives in the same county) has got a long criminal record with cannabis cautions, criminal damage, assault and driving offences Now I'm thinking that I'm not going to be successful in joining WMP just because of my idiot brother Has this happened to anyone else?laurat08862009-09-08 13:41:48

  12. wicker001
    Started by wicker001,

    Good evening everyone, How intense in the hearing test? I know its done in a booth with headphones whilst they play various tones at various levels, but what level are they expecting to find? My hearing isnt perfect, but ive never really had problems with it. What is the level they expect?

    • 3 replies
    • 377 views
  13. tranquil_kate
    Started by tranquil_kate,

    Hi all, I'm on the 7th sept intake and wanted to know if anyone is interested in meeting up on the day, friends on fb first (otherwise we'll never recognise each other!) I did this before (started in June, but had to come out - of the intake!... long story!) It was quite nice to have people to chat to, esp if you've choose similar boroughs, as you get put into your groups as soon as you arrive!! boroughs i've choosen are... Havering, Waltham Forest, Newham, Haringey... Kate

  14. kingsg
    Started by kingsg,

    Hi all, Just wondered if anybody who has passed the final interview and medical for Norfolk in the last few weeks has heard anything about the next intake. Also have you had you final confirmation that you have passed the vetting etc ? Well done to all that passed, if you are anything like me it such a wait off the shoulders to have now done everything you can. Thanks Gareth

    • 9 replies
    • 1.7k views
  15. Label
    Started by Label,

    Hi guys, I'm sure most of you were all nodding your heads at the title of this discussion. I had my day one on the 25th June and (as everyone probably has done), at first, I came away feeling confident and pleased. But as the days have gone on, I find myself sitting around thinking "oh damn, I should have said this..or that...or...have I said that wrong?!" Its a stressful time! But, in advice i've given others, there is nothing I can do about it now. I am hoping to get my results in a couple of weeks, the postman is going to hate me. Not a good look! Hopefully i'll be fine and there will be nothing to worry over (except the day 2 arrggh!) lo…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.