Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. aimes1987
    Started by aimes1987,

    Hi All, Currently in the position of waiting for a start date. Just wondering if anyone can give me an insight as to how many people drop out/fail from starting the training to the passing out parade? So for example, I believe 140 started training at hendon in August, how many as a general rule would you expect to make the passing out parade? Also, when do you have to take exams during your training? Is it made up of coursework? Basically, if anyone can give me the format of training I would be most appreciative!!! Also, is there any pre-course material that I could purchase that would be of benefit for when I start training? Many thanks, Aimes

  2. friddela
    Started by friddela * ,

    Hi there, I am currenttly a pcso for Leicestershire Constabulary and recently applied to become a pc but unfortunately failed the assessment centre, I got 53%. I know some forces allow you to transfer the results but am finding it hard to find the percentages needed for each force. I'm going to ring Essex on Monday but was wondering if anyone could advise me on other forces. I am looking to move south rather than anywhere else, cheers!

  3. closeprotection1546620538
    Started by closeprotection1546620538,

    Hello all, Well just a general question in a light hearted mood to get a general point of view"What do we all think of the various police fitness tests" I have read many peoples concerns and excitement over doing it which ever way you think,but do you think it is fair/to hard/too easy or would you like to see some other type of test. What would you put in place if you had your choice? I think the different levels and time for age/sex is fair in today's climate but what is the general view, as the Police states a equal opportunities employer ? So why is the test not equal? So it would be nice to hear peoples view, but please keep it light hearted. And does anybody kn…

  4. onepintbitter
    Started by onepintbitter,

    Could someone please post any links to kit bags they have bought as I do not think TVP will provide me with one. Ive had a look at some but they are like £60 is that usual? Also what goes in your kitbag? Obviously work kit! but the extras.... I know some time ago someone put a great list up of the extras they had such as proplus, water bottle, sweets for SOC guard duties, Extra torch etc etc. If someone can find the old link or make a new list that would be wonderful, thanks in advance guys

    • 5 replies
    • 1.3k views
  5. shaunie
    Started by shaunie,

    Hi I've my Day 1 AC on 10th Sep for BTP, does anyone who has attended recently have any good advice/tips? Many thanks Shaun

  6. RHHerts
    Started by RHHerts,

    Hi I am about to start work as a police volunteer at the local station soon but i plan on applying to become a PCSO or a police officer in the near future. Im 21 years old now but when i was a teenager i was treated for an anxiety disorder, basically i was a very, very shy teenager and was diagnosed with Social Anxiety. I had about a year of therapy for it. Im fine now, i dont have any of my previous problems and am not on any medication but obviously my medical records will state that i have had a mental health problem albeit a mild one. So my question is will this be known when i am vetted and how will it affect my chance of joining the police force?. Will they b…

    • 3 replies
    • 492 views
  7. alfie25
    Started by alfie25,

    Hi all. I applied as a special and failed at the vetting stage with Lancashire Police around November 2007 and unsuccessfully appealed the decision (I'm pretty sure they informed of the appeal decision in February or March 2008). The only advice I was given to try again in two years. So in the meantime I’ve applied for the regulars with gmp and failed my assessment got 50%. Now this is the dilemma my local force Lancashire may be recruiting in February or March 2010, should I try and transfer my application as I've been told they accept 50%. However I rang Lancashire the other day and they said on their file I should wait until April 2010 before I can apply- that’s ov…

    • 1 reply
    • 411 views
    Cicero1546620526
  8. Benj08
    Started by Benj08,

    Hi, I have my final interview on the 23rd September and I am now after anyone else's experiences, What did they ask you? Any help greatly appreciated. Ben

    • 3 replies
    • 285 views
  9. p_m09
    Started by p_m09,

    Hey folk..how u all doing? Im new to the site and just wana say after reading through all the posts they have helped me so much so thanks. I applied for Strathclyde a few months ago and got my letter in about 4 weeks ago confirming my fitness test and Sets are on 4th Oct - so nervous as my fitness aint up to scratch. Ive been hitting the gym constantly and doing circuit training to improve my fitness but still only able to do 1.2miles in the 14min. Help!!! Anyone got any pointers? Would you recommend going to Jackton for a test run before my actual test date? Anyone else got theirs on 4th Oct??xxx

    • 6 replies
    • 599 views
  10. keeno
    Started by keeno,

    Hi all This may seem like a daft question, but what are you meant to wear for the Day 2? I know to bring running gear but what about the rest of the day? Only reason I ask is anyone on the 6th August Day 1 may remember the only guy not dressed in a suit... Still got through though haha!

  11. Natalie87
    Started by Natalie87,

    Hello, This is probably been posted many a time (please direct if so!) but I was wondering if anyone who has already been through it (or knows anything about it) could give some information about what they ask during the interview, what kind of things you are expected to know etc? I am not going to apply until July 2010, so I have plenty of time to get prepped - just need some pointers! Thanks :) Nat

    • 1 reply
    • 206 views
  12. kirstie12345
    Started by kirstie12345 * ,

    Just wondering if guests are allowed in section housing, as i am relocating from lincolnshire and will have family and friends visiting me. Also is the housing furnished? Is internet available in the rooms? And how many people share within a house? Sorry about all the questions, a little clueless and would really appreciate some feedback :) Kirstie

  13. kurtstrong
    Started by kurtstrong,

    Hi all, I currently live in the West Midlands and am currently waiting for application to proceed again for either Roles of PCSO or Police officer. I am looking at either West Midlands, Warwickshire, Nottingham, Staffordshire forces. I was wondering if anyone had any updates on when they will next be recruiting? I missed out recently on the latest west midlands as there was a problem with my hotmail account and I never received my invite (gutted is not the word) Thanks in advance Kurt

    • 5 replies
    • 687 views
  14. alfie77
    Started by alfie77,

    Hi, Its been a long old wait since application, and finally after a year I have my AC date for 11th October 2009. Woohoo! Back in March I put a lot of hours in preparing for a potential AC date and worked off the 4 following competencies for the interview questions: RR&D Team Working Problem Solving Resilience Now, I have heard in the past that the Assessment centre course changes every October, could someone confirm that I should still go off the above 4 competencies or have they / will they change? thanks!

    • 5 replies
    • 179 views
  15. spstmars
    Started by spstmars,

    Hi, I have my Day 2 Assessment on the 16th and have to complete the posting preference form. i understand some work on 8 hour shifts and others on 12, does anybody know which boroughs work the 12 hour shift pattern? as my personal circumstances would suit that more. Any information would be great Thanks

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.