Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. G-bug
    Started by G-bug,

    Hi, I have gone for a few different roles within the Police support staff side of things and have just realised that with all the application forms I have filled out I haven't put anything about myself personally. I have included all skills etc workwise and how it will benefit the role I have applied for but there are certain skills I guess you would need as a person/in your personality. Will this make a huge difference? Thanks!

    • 2 replies
    • 872 views
  2. duff_beer
    Started by duff_beer,

    The vetting manager just rang me and said they want me to meet up for a chat and go through some stuff. I was arrested once for aggrevated burglary by an ex girlfriend at a student house where i was living at (i know it sounds silly). I was arrested and released on bail and then i recieved a letter stating no further action will be taken. Now i am absolutely crapping myself, if they are asking me to come in are they just going to tell me to my face that i have failed vetting?!?!?! What information do they also get, is it the whole lot? i.e. my questioning? the actual arrest? her story? etc I am sorry to say but i am panicking slightly as i have a feeling they are jus…

    • 6 replies
    • 1k views
  3. brad01
    Started by brad01,

    I have recently had my final interview and as you know it is extremely nerve racking. Initially i came out of the interview having this negative feeling, after i was continously running over my answers i feel that i answered the questions appropriately. Throughout the interview the panel of 4 had no expressions to my answers which they obviously are trained to do. I now have a while until i know the outcome but The longer the wait the more thinking i do and the more the negative thoughts build. Anyone else feel like this?

    • 16 replies
    • 884 views
  4. kdude
    Started by kdude,

    I woke up this morning after approx four hours sleep ( I'm on nights this week) And to be fair I had the right hump about my lack of sleep not just today but so far this week. Went downstairs and picked up the post which included a pack from the Met saying I've past papersift and am invited to the next stage. Happy Days indeed! Just wondered if anyone else was going on the 23rd Oct for the Met day One? Also came on here to see what's occuring and I read that Murph has passed his vetting appeal so a good day all round methinks. If anyone has any pearls of wisdom about the Day One then I would gratefully accept it. I'm definately going to do talking blues/into police as wel…

    • 0 replies
    • 246 views
  5. jp2uk1546620308
    Started by jp2uk1546620308,

    Hi Guys... Just thought I would post this topic 'cos we are due our results this week, well according to MerPol!!! Let us know when you do... JP

    • 88 replies
    • 5.2k views
  6. Del_Boy
    Started by Del_Boy * ,

    Hi Guys Just received an email from TVP this afternoon advising me that my application has passed the Competency Based Marking stage and will now progress to taking up references - Which is good news! Does this now mean that the vetting process will be carried out? If so I’m a little worried. At the time of my application, I was in a relationship and put down my girlfriend and her mother on the vetting form. However, I have since split with my partner and have no contact with her or her family. I recently found out that both of them have CCJ's and her mother may have a previous conviction. Will this affect my chances of passing the vetting process? Should I cont…

    • 5 replies
    • 1.1k views
  7. duff_beer
    Started by duff_beer,

    has anyone had any bad experiances in the medical with having a past history of anxiety? Is it true that you need to be off the meds for 2 years? I had them in two periods in my life, once for 1 year and then again for 2-3 months, i have been off them for 8 months now, but i wanted to know if having this medical problem in your past actually causes problems in your medical? The doctor put on my form that he believes i am capable for the job and that i have recovered. Thanks in advance

    • 3 replies
    • 564 views
  8. MrPC
    Started by MrPC,

    I have passed both assessment days for the role of MPS. I start training at Peel in 1 week and just wondered if anyone could tell me why they require you to bring your bank account details with you?

  9. pk1209
    Started by pk1209 * ,

    Hi, I had my final interview after doing what I thought was pretty well in the a/c. Anyway, I failed the interview by one mark (yes, one lousy mark) and was quite surprised when they gave me some feedback. For example, when asked about what the effects on my social and domestic life would be I explained that there would be an effect mainly domestically as we're expecting a baby in Feb (first one). However I said I was till very keen to do the job and despite knowing the domestic situation can sometimes be hard I was commited to the job. In my feedback this has somehow come back as they see me as not being commited enough because I talked about the effect on my domest…

    • 0 replies
    • 397 views
  10. Benj08
    Started by Benj08,

    Hi Guys, Just completing my Security Questionnaires and something sprang to mind, about 4 years ago I contravened a Bus Lane right in front of a colourful Volvo :), I subsequently received a £30 Non Endorsable Ticket. Completely clean licence though. Does anyone know whether this will effect my application with GMP? Any help greatly appreciated.

  11. duff_beer
    Started by duff_beer,

    I have good hearing, but had to have my ear syringed today as it was all blocked up with wax, I have my medical this week but as my ear is still not back to normal what do i do? will it effect my hearing test? the ear has been cleared of eax but there are side effects of syringing, such as all the water coming out etc Should i notify them off it? or will everthing be ok? or does a wax problem not even create any problems with a hearing test?

    • 0 replies
    • 234 views
  12. freeflyfred
    Started by freeflyfred,

    Hi all, I was recently rejected by Met Police after Day 1 AC in Hendon. I have failed written test (report writing) but passed everything else. The results, however, turned out to be a bit odd. First of all, I have failed 'written communication' in the first test but passed 'effective communication' and than failed 'effective communication' in the second test but passed 'written communication'. I now wonder what the difference between written communication and effective communication is. Second of all, statistics showed that around 60-70% of other people did better than me. Fair enough... but as a law graduate with 2:1 I am sure my written skills are good or at least on…

  13. nashbag
    Started by nashbag * ,

    Sorry for what is probably another eyesight question, but how can I equate my prescription to know if I can meet the 6/36 required unaided? Aided I have no problems.... Right Sph -6.50 Cyl -1.75 Axis 13.0 Left Sph -6.50 Cyl -1.25 Axis 174.0 Cheers dudes...

    • 1 reply
    • 207 views
    Jaydee1546620346
  14. Trouble01
    Started by Trouble01,

    I know that this topic has been done to death, but I have another concern about the bleep test. I can do 40 minutes combined cardio on cross trainer and treadmill, but when it comes to doing the bleep test I am running out of puff. I don't know if I have already mentioned, but the day of my fitness test I got to a certain point and it was like my brain just said "that's it, I am done". I feel my body could have gone on further. Is it possible that my problem is my head and nothing to do with my fitness? I have had my heart rate up to 172-175 in the gym...top wack heart rate for someone of my age is 182 before I am overdoing it.

    Jaydee1546620346
  15. lmac1234
    Started by lmac1234,

    Hi, Could anybody from lothian and borders tell me at what point during tully did you find out what division and station you would be in? Thanks!

    • 3 replies
    • 826 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.